RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 31-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #1
cloudedmind

I am currently:
Can't ground myself

I've tried everything: music, guitar, put fan on to feel cold, sensory stuff, breathing, smelling things. I can't get back and I'm drifting further. I don't know what to do.

cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 01-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
Eccentrics
Occasionally lurking

I am currently:

Hi there,

is it possible to take a nap? Sometimes just sleeping can help you to get a fresh perspective on things when you wake up. If not then I think the best thing would be to try and distract yourself from these feelings completely. If you can distract yourself enough to forget you were even feeling this way, then it could pass without you even knowing it! What about doing something that stimulates more than one of your senses, that engages you? Talking to someone, playing a game, drawing/painting or something similar?

Take care <3
- Holly

Eccentrics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
Epicene

I am currently:

It sounds like the things you have tried are quite externally focussed. Sometimes it can help to connect with internal sensations. Try to describe feelings in each part of your body, from your head to your toes. Describe where in your body you feel emotions and identify how strong or weak they are. Your message seemed as though you were in a considerable amount of distress so perhaps locating feelings of anxiety would help ground you. Take care

Epicene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #4
cloudedmind

I am currently:

Thanks Holly, I managed to sleep eventually last night, and I may try and nap if it happens again to see if it helps (although I won't be allowed to in the residential place I'm going to soon, but then I'm hoping it settles a bit before then anyway). I did try distracting myself too, was kind of unsuccessful but I think I need to practise it when I first feel myself drifting, instead of leaving it so late. I will definitely try drawing/painting - I want to get back into it anyway :)

Shed - I will definitely have a go at these. I think anxiety does play a huge part, for sure.

Thanks for your fabulous advice xx

Old 01-09-2013, 11:29 PM   #5
Eccentrics
Occasionally lurking

I am currently:

I'm glad that you're feeling a little bit better right now! It is good to practice nipping these feelings in the bud when you first notice them, because they can be hard to control once they've escalated, and it's good that you can notice that. I hope that you can find something that works for you in the near future <3

Also good look at the residential place! (it took me 6 tries to spell residential!)

Eccentrics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #6
cloudedmind

I am currently:

Thanks hun. It's tricky to pick up on it before it is too late, as I often don't see it as a bad thing until it gets really bad. So far, only playing guitar (when I can manage it) has helped.

And thanks! haha :) xx

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)