RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 11-01-2015, 11:18 AM   #1
DavidN

Recruiting participants to take part in a depression survey

Hi,

I'm a Trainee Clinical Psychologist based at the University of Hertfordshire. I'm currently researching the link between social relationships and depression, and I'm looking for people who have previously experienced, or are currently experiencing depression to participate in an online survey. The survey can be found here https://herts.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?S...IzAvuBkPMJHawB

The survey is completely anonymous and takes around 20 minutes to complete. I would be very grateful if you could spare some time to take part, but participation is entirely on a voluntary basis. If you would like any futher information you can contact me at the following address: d.novelli@herts.ac.uk

This research is being supervided by Joerg Schulz, Department of Psychology, University of Hertfordshire, and has been approved by the University's Ethics Committee (ethics protocol code: LMS/PG/UH/00292).

Recruitment for this study closes on 8th Feb 2015. Thanks so much to everyone who has taken part.

Thanks!

David

Last edited by DavidN : 01-02-2015 at 09:53 PM.
DavidN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2015, 10:42 PM   #2
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

Have you got Moderator approval for this?

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2015, 03:06 PM   #3
Animad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem Fatale View Post
Have you got Moderator approval for this?
You don't need to if it's in this forum, read the rules for this one

Animad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2015, 03:16 PM   #4
The One Who

I am currently:

The post should have a link to the ethics policy, and also details of a supervisor who can be contacted for further information/verification. Honestly, I think a moderator's input would be best for these sorts of things, still.

With regards to the survey, I haven't actually looked at it yet, but it always intrigues me how authors of these types of studies are going to explain their survey group, especially when it's random people from the Internet on a public forum, with no way of knowing whether or not they have had depression.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 11:44 PM   #5
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

Ah, sorry. Was not aware that this board had different rules. I retract my previous comment. Thanks for alerting me to this. :]

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 03:58 PM   #6
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

Yeah we are trying to make it easier for people to get research up and verified without it impacting on the forums so much.

I've done this survey and it was fine so I'll leave it up here and try and get David to post the supervisors details etc

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:55 PM   #7
DavidN

Hi,

Thanks to people who have commented, and to those who have completed the survey - I really appreciate it.

Apologies for missing info in my original post. I have now updated it with the ethics code and my supervisor's name.

Best wishes,

David

DavidN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:53 PM   #8
nowhereman

I am currently:

Closing date has passed now...just pointing out.

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)