RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
AudreyFrankenstein

I am currently:
Reviews Requested- Contains upsetting material - "Eyes"

Eyes as hollow and empty as the soul. As empty as the world he was born into. Emotions shown were worn only as a mask to hide the true evil that laid behind them. Thoughts consisting mainly of murder, torture, and hate became his only reality. And he locked himself in a house, hidden from society, where loneliness became his company, and shadows were named his best friends and dining mates.

He began to hear the long, lost voice. Here in the darkness. The long, lost voice of Jamie. He had killed for that voice before. When it came, it seemed to shatter the darkness and silence that surrounded him. It was so comforting and soothing that he was willing to do anything to keep it.

"Go town and kill the mayor," it had called once, "You wouldn't want me to leave again, would you?" and he had done it. It was that simple. Almost as simple as the rain that tapped the tin roof on hot summer nights.

Jamie asked of him a lot of things. The voice ordered him to carve out his eyes and sow his eyelids shut. "You do trust me to be your guide, don't you?", it had asked him. And he had done it. Taking the shiney metal knife in his hand and carving, then the other, and sowed the eyelids together.

"Are you willing to take pain for me?" Jamie called, "We are friends, right?".
This voice was his only love. He often imagined a picture when he thought of it. A picture to freeze time. To capture Jamie, so, at last, he would have something real to hold onto. Not just a voice.

The chores Jamie asked of him could be painful, but the pain was at least real. He had become so numb to everything, and so used to just his thoughts and imagination, he had forgotten real pain excised. That's why he loved Jamie. She taught him what was real. And pain was real, unlike anything he felt before. And it made him laugh... And it was real... This love was real... Like the rain on the tin roof or the laughing, teasing voice of Jamie. Real like death. The death, pain, and havoc he, himself had caused. All for Jamie. All to escape from the numbness.

But, if Jamie were to leave him, who then would he have?

"For life, for death, for pain, and for love. Contradictions of life," Jamie said, and she was laughing. Pure and evil laughter. Pure and evil life. Wasted on these voices, he thought.

And one day, Jamie disappeared again. Never to return. He had no one now. Just the sound of the rain on the tin roof, and his shadows. Soulless, hollow, and empty again. This time forever.

**This story was written almost 8 years ago. It remains one of my favorites. I hope you enjoyed it.

AudreyFrankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)