RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 19-07-2019, 09:17 AM   #1
MarieBee1

Needing guidance and perspective

I’m in a bit of a bind. I am in my mid thirties and am quite successful in my job and working with children. I also run a business on the side teaching music to young children. I bought my own relocatable house that is in my parents backyard and they are not far from me at all and I live on my own. I play music in bands and have my own interests in a drumming group also and very dear friends around me. Aside from my life I have built I have an amazing partner who is also successful and educated. We have some amazing memories we have created together but also some memories I would like to forget as they are quite painful with quite a few break ups where we’ve had time apart. We have been back together for up to a year now after being on and off for three years. The time apart has actually made us stronger and I see a massive change in him being so dedicated to our relationship. He’s been working really hard saving money to buy a house together and this time around our relationship feels very right. We live an hour away from each other and see each other around twice a week where he is the one who commutes to me. We both grew up in quiet towns and done deal well with living in busy areas. The place I live in is growing dramatically in population due to an international airport being built not far from me and with new developments happening in the area my family and I will have to eventually relocate somewhere else. On my own I don’t have enough money to purchase a property in one of the most expensive cities in the world to stay close to my family. Both my partner and I would have to spend at lease $700000 on a property to be on the outskirts of where I live and is way out of our price range and will be paying off a house till way after we retire with not much of a life. My partner wants to move back to his home town near his family and friends and this is where I also grew up. Houses are way more affordable and in the industry I work in with children it is easier for me to get a job than himself. He has scored an interview in his field of expertise that pays close to $100000 a year in his home town. Though my dilemma is that it is a 7 hour drive from my family, friends and life I have built. It is an hour plane ride back to my family. I want to move to start my own family and create my own life with my partner but I’m feeling so torn. I feel really good about it at times and others it’s heart wrenching. I think what if I’m making a mistake and I’ve left all my family and friends and the life I have built. I’m not sure what to do. All my family and friends I have spoke to about this are happy for me. I know there will be some that won’t be. I am close with my partners family and they will be close by also. Can anyone provide any advice or experiences they have on deciding to move away from the life they have built? Or any advice at all, thank you so much
I also see it as if I don’t move away i will regret not going and creating my own life and flying the nest so to speak, It could be that my parents have to sell up and I won’t have a place to put my home and I will end up having to sell and not getting the money back on the relocatable home I purchased and having to rent or living by myself for the rest of my life. I already feel a little lonely at times.

MarieBee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 28-07-2019, 07:33 AM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Sounds like you've got a really tricky decision to make! If you make sure that you make the effort to visit your family and friends frequently then I'm sure you could make it work for you.

Is there an option of renting with your partner in his home town so that it can be temporary to start with and then it's easy to relocate again should you find it doesn't work out for you?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)