RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 28-12-2019, 04:48 PM   #41
Indigo.
Wir und die Todten reiten schnell.

I am currently:

Thank you.

I think the intrusive/obsessive thoughts will be better now.

I do want to go home and sleep in my own bed! Been here for 20 hours, sat on the same chair...Just waiting for bloods, and doctor said I may be able to go home.

I should be seeing P tomorrow!

If I only could
make a deal with God.

Indigo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2019, 04:50 PM   #42
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

That's a long time to be awake and sitting in one place. I hope your bloods are back soon and you're able to go home. What will you be doing with P tomorrow? That's something to look forward to.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2019, 05:08 PM   #43
Indigo.

I am currently:

Yes, I am so tired! Can barely focus. Just got the drip I've been waiting for since 10 am. Today is long.

Thanks, I hope so too.

I think P & I are just going to (attempt to) relax. They've not been doing well(mentally) back home, which is why they're coming back early. I think we both need time to relax/recover from Xmas.

If I only could
make a deal with God.

Old 28-12-2019, 06:39 PM   #44
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Oh wow, that is a long wait. Do you know how long the drip will take?

Taking time to relax together sounds good. I hope you can both have some restorative time.

Old 28-12-2019, 07:09 PM   #45
Indigo.

I am currently:

I estimated at least 3 hours since it was first put on. Now I'm thinking more like 5 in total. Probably three hours to go :') It's a (very) slow drip.

I'm a bit sad because I know they've forgotten to send psych to see me. It's hard to ask anyone about these things too because they say they don't know ("sorry, the doctor deals with this..."). Which is fair but it means everything is confusing and takes an extremely long time.

Thanks. I hope so too. I hope you can also have some restorative time post-Xmas.

If I only could
make a deal with God.

Old 28-12-2019, 09:49 PM   #46
Auror.
Camden

I know it's frustrating and stressful, but I'm glad you were able to get the medical care it sounds like you needed.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2019, 11:26 AM   #47
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

If you need to, could you contact the crisis team/someone yourself?

Old 29-12-2019, 08:02 PM   #48
Indigo.

I am currently:

Thank you, yes I am thankful I got some help.

They didn't forget about me seeing the mental health team.

I never had the crisis number - had to explain this to the mental health people last night. Multiple people refused to give it to me in the past, and I couldn't find it online.

They have now given me the number. For the crisis team in the other city where the rest of my care still is(haven't moved officially). I don't know what to do when calling the crisis team, how do I talk to them, like what am I supposed to say?

If I only could
make a deal with God.

Old 29-12-2019, 08:10 PM   #49
Soft Kitty

The crisis team are usually pretty good at taking the lead. I normally say that I'm struggling at the moment. They usually ask who's calling and what's going on, and the conversation kind of develops from there.

It's definitely daunting to call for the first time, but they (should) know what they're doing and most people who call them will feel similarly, that they don't know what to say or how to express things. They will hopefully know how to help you with that and if they don't, that's on them. Good luck if you decide to call. Maybe it's worth making a list of bullet points about what you might like to say if you get a bit stuck?

Soft Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2019, 12:02 PM   #50
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I hope you can phone crisis if you need to and that they are helpful. How are you today?

Old 30-12-2019, 06:13 PM   #51
Indigo.

I am currently:

Thank you both <3

I've had a lot of bad experiences when seeking support. Been verbally abused(racially motivated), blamed for my illness, or dismissed. So I'm always reluctant to ask for help, especially when I'm by myself. Even on the phone, I'm worried they'll pick up on my accent and treat me badly.

Bullet points sound helpful. If I do call, I will do that.

I am okay. I don't feel as nervous now the compulsion is gone! Spending time with P was good too. They're coming over tomorrow and we are going to the NYE party. Trying not to think about things going wrong.

If I only could
make a deal with God.

Old 30-12-2019, 07:15 PM   #52
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

That's awful being treated that way Lucy, I have experienced some of that myself. It's not fair. I hope if you do need to call you will be able to and will be treated with respect.

I hope you have a nice time at the party. Try not to worry too much.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:15 PM   #53
Indigo.

I am currently:

Thank you Lindsay, I thought I'd replied to your last post on here but I must have not posted it.

I've been a bit out of it. Can't focus.

The party was okay, I had a good time. I did have a meltdown at the end but it wasn't as bad as last time & it was only at the very end so trying to ignore it.

I'm finding things hard. I was feeling a bit better but I think only on a surface level & starting to slip now. Everything takes incredible emotional effort and I cannot cope with change/uncertainty at all.

I want to burn soon. I don't know how I'm gonna go back to work now. Reality is overwhelming.

If I only could
make a deal with God.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:53 PM   #54
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Reality and change can be really overwhelming. Do you think things will settle a bit when you get back to your normal routine, even though right now your normal routine (work) sounds scary?

Old 05-01-2020, 05:28 PM   #55
Indigo.

I am currently:

I do hope that I'll feel better once I've settled into my normal routine but there's loads of things worrying me.

My job is rather demanding (because of Brexit & the current political situation) & I've been really struggling to perform. I have to interact with people a lot & I cover a very large (more than 3200 sq mi!) area by myself. My colleagues have great pre-established networks in their (much smaller) areas so they are doing much better than me.

Also, I always get ill toward the end of Jan/beginning of Feb, maybe til the end of March because the weather is changing(which makes me ill) & I have a lot of trauma from this time. I don't think things will go well for me.

If I only could
make a deal with God.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:03 PM   #56
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Is there someone at work who you can talk to about your difficulties and worries?

What usually happens when you become unwell? Is there a way to do some kind of 'damage limitation' to buffer things and avoid them becoming as difficult as they could be otherwise?

Old 05-01-2020, 07:23 PM   #57
Indigo.

I am currently:

I could talk to someone...

I tried to let my manager know I'm ill ages ago but I don't even think she looked at my "disability adjustments form". My former manager(same workplace) & another colleague have been helpful/supportive before.

When I become unwell around this time of year, I lose touch with reality (extent varies), I stop being functional, have a lot of meltdowns, and I hurt myself or do something bad. I feel like I'm not anchored right. I don't know how to avoid that.

If I only could
make a deal with God.

Old 05-01-2020, 11:52 PM   #58
Auror.
Camden

I think one thing that's really important to remember is just because certain times of year have been bad before, does not automatically mean they have to be again. I'm not saying that the trauma stuff might not exist, but are there any certain things you can do or reminders you can set so that you can remember it is 2020 now and you are in a different situation than you were previously and the trauma things are (hopefully) not currently occurring? My friend tells me this a lot. It can sometimes take a lot of prompting to remind yourself that it is 2020 and things do not have to be like they were, and even if it feels like they are the same, I bet you can find lots of small ways things are different. Sometimes for me even just focusing on really small things that are different can be a way to prompt myself and anchor myself more in the present. Like certain fidgets that I got, or my dog that maybe I did not have when the bad things occurred, it doesn't have to be giant differences to help remind you.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:32 PM   #59
Indigo.

I am currently:

You're right, it doesn't necessarily *have to* happen, it's just I've noticed a pattern and that's the thing, I already feel quite ill so I'm anticipating that it's not going to get better because I can't fend off the trauma stuff.

And that's another problem, it's very hard to think about the good things that are different. I have a lot of guilt surrounding my trauma & remembering people I care about are gone so my brain involuntarily thinks about that. I avoid thinking about it most of the time but it's difficult. I try to tell myself I've got my own place etc in hopes it'll ground me a little.

It's so hard to see any positives. My partner(P) said "There's loads of good things in your life: you have your partners and you have a job now too!" But it's hard to see the good when I'm scared I'm gonna lose those things and when they're not going well :(

If I only could
make a deal with God.

Old 06-01-2020, 06:08 PM   #60
Auror.
Camden

The differences don't have to be necessarily good. They can be neutral things too. Like if you have different bed sheets, or a different phone.

I think it can be hard to remember when things aren't going well that not everything has to be good or bad. Things can just exist and be neutral without judgement or goodness/badness attached to them.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)