Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 26-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
BoundNoMore
feeling like a failure...

I am currently:
how to shave...

I am a female who is really embarrassed to write about this so please don't laugh, but I can't shave my arm pits or legs very often because it triggers me. I hate being hairy, but I know it's not good to knowingly put myself in triggering situations and shaving is one of those situations. I'm alone, it would be so easy, so "accidental"... sorry sorry I'll stop. Sorry I just don't know what to do. I have tried hair removal creams like Nair. They don't work and it burns my skin. Ouch! I can't afford to get waxed all the time, and I'm a chicken. I can't do it myself. I don't know what to do! I need advice...

We're all in the same game;
Just different levels.
Dealing with the same hell;
Just different demons.

BoundNoMore is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 26-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
Emmabob.

I am currently:

u can buy cheapish wax strips. they sell cold ones, last me about 6wks at a time after using them. waxing doesnt hurt too bad.. i get ya, i hate shaving, cause i always end up nicking myself. armpits arent a problem, its just my legs. i have no actual advise, i just want to say, youre not alone with it & things. pm me if u want to talk.

x

Emmabob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
BoundNoMore
feeling like a failure...

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
How about an epilator?
what is that?

We're all in the same game;
Just different levels.
Dealing with the same hell;
Just different demons.

BoundNoMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
Tig

Don't worry - nobody will laugh at you.

For a long time I wasn't allowed to use a razor because I was in hospital and due to my self harm history they weren't happy for me to use a razor so this was a problem I was faced with too.

I hope you find something that works for you =]

I realise my post has no actual advice, I just wanted you to know you aren't alone.x

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #5
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

My flat mate used to use it Veet cream. Have you tried the sensitive skin one? Else, waxing isn't as bad as it seems.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #6
ReleaseTheory
Traveler

I am currently:

I've never had an issue with shaving in particular; I tend to have issues with showers in general since it tends to be a "cleaner" way to SI. I've never been a fan of the mess it leaves behind, so once I discovered the shower, it was all over.
I fixed this by having someone either sit in the bathroom and talk to me while I showered, or by putting on some really up-beat-sing-along-at-the-top-of-your-lungs-like-a-lunatic music.
I've also done the whole "I'm only giving myself 3 minutes to shower in order to lower my water bill" talk. It's almost impossible for me to wash my hair, condition my hair, wash my face, wash my body and rinse within that time limit as is. Let alone add SI to the list.
If you hate cold water, turn it really cold when you get the urge to cut with your razor blade instead of using it the intended way.
OR, since I just saw that you are married, tell your husband you want to conserve water. He'll think you're being sweet, and you'll have all the reason in the world to NOT cut.
Good luck and be safe.

~Kris

ReleaseTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #7
symbol5405
I am not what I have done. I'm what I've overcome.

Location: Somewhere on the border between insanity and genius
I am currently:

I know your issue.......I don't really have any advice, but I struggle with it too....I'm in a residential treatment, so I can only shave on Teusdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. It's a trigger for me, and so basically I only shave if I'm in a good mood..........

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This Is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Change can only occur when the pain of change is less than the pain of staying the same.

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light. --Albus Dumbledore

symbol5405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
red_ry
teh king of the cr8zy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
This is from the fountain of all knowledge, Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epilator

But there are many different types and stuff.
Does not look like a fun device to use. Dry electric shaver is probably a better idea. Or use a hair trimmer. No blade to be tempted with.

red_ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #9
melodypond

I am currently:

Yeah try using one of the electric razors. I had one that had ni blades kn it but still worked. Or you can get veet and things for sensitive skin

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant. - 11th Doctor

One may have a blazing hearth in one's soul and yet no one ever comes to sit by it. Passersby see only a whisp of smoke rising from the chimney and continue on their way. (Vincent van Gogh)

Two of my favorite quotes.

melodypond is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)