RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 19-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
Poppers

how to keep going

How do you keep going when you don't see the point? My life is meaningless, I am an awful worthless ugly failure of a person, I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel - I don't (currently) want to end it, I just don't want to continue and don't see how I'm supposed to do that. I need strength. I feel so low and I'm in so much pain, I'm trying to get through, but how?

Poppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
DollyPOP

I am currently:

have you got little things to look forward to? My partner keeps me going and we organise activities, like swimming, walks, drawing, art, I have a poetry class each week at a place for people with mental health difficulties.

Things like that keep me going when the bigger picture is so scary and daunting, which it is for mee too at the minute, so i focus on the little things and before you know it, some time has gone by and you're maybe feeling a little better?? /

xx

DollyPOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
nomophobia
Georgia

I am currently:

Focus on taking each day as it comes, I know that is a cliché but it really does help, and try to fill your days with the things you like to do. Something that helped me was doing a list of every positive thing in my life and my achievements..get someone to help you if you struggle on your own..then you can go back and check the list as often as you want to and it will start to sink in and lift your mood. Best of luck :)

'Ah music, a magic beyond all we do here!'

Message me anytime

nomophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

when i'm feeling meaningless and worthless, i find it helpful to do community service or volunteering....

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #5
crazykat
Fight for another day

It is important when we are feeling this way to remind ourselves that we won't always feel this way, perhaps even draw on previous experiences of how you have felt better and with more hope. Also setting some sort of goal for each day helps too, even if it is as simple as getting out of bed or even going for a walk. You will get through this. Take care
Kat xxx

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)