RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 30-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #8301
squirrelspit

I am currently:

i remember feeling like that with Oliver. i did walk out once when Stuart got home from work and Oliver had been screaming and had been for hours. He was a complete troll for months.

i promise it gets better.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #8302
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

Lucas had his birthday on Tuesday I feel like it was t special enough because we only went to soft play and then Pizza Hut then my husbands parents came round so he got toys but I feel like he deserves a propper party although he hasn't got a lot of friends which makes me feel like a bag mum.

Also I've been on quetiepine for about 2 months now but am still do tired in the morning that I just about have the energy to pull the chairs into the kitchen (so he can't climb on them and hurt himself) and make him milk and then I pass out on the sofa while he has milkshake on. He had never hurt himself but he does sometimes wreck the house I'm just so asleep I don't even hear him do anything. He once almost knocked the TV off the stand.
I feel so bad! Normally I wake up about mid day and give him lunch but wake up once at about 8am to make him toast and then just fall asleep again (which I know is dangerous)

I forgot to take my tablet last night and although I got little sleep last night (I seem to have become dependant on it to sleep) I managed to get up at 7 and have stayed awake and even played with him and he had cereal for once because I could sit with him. I have told my gp but she didn't seem to bothered that I fall asleep and leave him to run around but I really want it to stop! I don't want him to get older and remember me passed out on the sofa in the mornings!

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #8303
fuzzy_sweets

I am currently:

Im struggling with anxiety surrounding my pregnancy atm and feeling v lonely. Every twinge has me ridden with anxiety that something is wrong or i am going into labour. Thought my waters had gone on Wed and got all excited and went to the hospital for it to just be watery discharge and a weak bladder (sorry for TMI). I was so disappointed and felt like everyone was mad at me for wasting their time :(

Sunshine: That sounds really difficult being so fatigued and having a little one to care for. I was on anti-psychotics before and they made me v tired but it got better after a few months. I hope that things improve for you x.

fuzzy_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #8304
Just a girl, Interrupted.
drowning in a sea of tears

I am currently:

Sunshine, it sounds very difficult being that fatigued with your son to take care off. Could you keep asking the drs for help to sort it. If you say you are worried your son might hurt himself or be negatively affected they might pay attention?

Fuzzy, I was the exact same with the twinges and anxiety, whicn was not helped by my job! The hospital won't think you are wasting their time, they will be used to anxious first time mothers. Sadly, I can't tell you what waters breaking feels like, but I'm sure someone here can.
I would say just relax as much as you can, and get as much rest as you can. You will need it!!

A has gone back to throwing up a lot, even though we are still giving her all the medicine she was getting before :( her rash is back with a vengeance as well. It might be a trip to the doctors again this week, I don't think I want to wait until Thursday when she gets her next round of vaccinations. I feel so sorry for her, she is in so much pain a lot of the time and her screams are heartbreaking still :(

Just a girl, Interrupted. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:34 PM   #8305
fuzzy_sweets

I am currently:

ty Just a girl, Interrupted. I have an ante natal class on Tues where there will be a Q and A session with a midwife so going armed with lots of questions and hopefully she will be able to reassure me.

What is everyone upto this evening? Im just baking some white choc chip n raison flapjack n going to watch some X factor.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #8306

I am currently:

Take notes as well! I was rubbish for forgetting what I was told, in fact I still am.

Flapjacks sound yummy :)
X factor for us as well :) Aurora expressed her opinion of the X factor by treating us to a disgusting nappy as it started, so has been sent upstairs with A to watch homeland :) the local fireworks got rained off, which is a shame, cos if they didn't raise loads of money this year, they have no money for fireworks next year. Hopefully its rescheduled to next weekend though!

I keep realising my family (well, in laws) is confusing! Everyone's name starts with A, even their dog. Except me, cos I'm special :D

Old 03-11-2013, 03:11 AM   #8307
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

When chloe was little she screamed for 13hrs a day broken up wih little ns soso it was rround the clock. We suggested teething aand was told not until 6 months. When the teething did kick in it was really obvious, she got eth at 7 months which then went back in until 9 months... nobody could ever explain why my baby was in so much pain, once she was on the floor kicking herself round in circles and you couldn't touch her. They said colic, reflux, hungry, attention... every person who called round t see mother and baby said 'that child is not right' she seems to have grown out of he extreme cramping now, although she will often ask to use the toilet and say she has a tummy ache but can't do anything.

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #8308
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Still pregnant.

My lord I'm ready to have this baby now! 5 days till he's due. Hurry up baby!

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #8309

I am currently:

It's almost over Sam :)

We went to our first baby wearing meet today. It was good but I need to be less shy! And I forgot auroras thickner so had to feed her without it and she spewed all over me :(

Old 09-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #8310
fuzzy_sweets

I am currently:

what is a 'thickner' pls girlinterrupted?

My anxiety is thru the roof atm, esp on a night. Proper scared encase my waters break and I am on my own. Also getting bad back ache and irregular stomach cramps which is stopping me sleeping. I think they could be braxton hicks...hmm

Also was disappointed to find out today that my local trust has changed its policy on inductions. ALL women are now 'routinely' given a stretch and sweep on their due date and then booked in for a induction a week later. Not sure I want a stretch and sweep on my due date 'just for the sake of it'. And being induced a week over seems a little dramatic to me. Or maybe I am missing something...hmm

Old 09-11-2013, 02:44 AM   #8311
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

You can refuse these measures if you feel confident that you don't need it.

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.

Mand x

Old 09-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #8312
Popple

It's your body and your baby you get to choose what happens and you can say no.

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #8313
fuzzy_sweets

I am currently:

Im not sure if I am confident enough to refuse if they pressure me. Esp as my birth partner does not share my concerns for early induction. I do not mind being induced after 10 days but before then I do not think its worth the risk so long as baby is happy inside me then she can stay put.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #8314
Beautifully Broken
Even The Best Fall Down Sometimes.

Make sure you refuse. You are entitled to refuse if its something you really don't want. I don't know if the policy in my area has changed in the past three and a half years but I was given a sweep at 40+6 and was booked in for my induction at 41+3. Its your body and your baby.

Beautifully Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #8315

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy_sweets View Post
what is a 'thickner' pls girlinterrupted?
Aurora has bad reflux, so gets a thickening powder added to her food to stop it coming back up so easily. Every time I forgot to add it and feed her without it loads of her milk comes back up, usually all over me :(

Nic, it is still the same in this area for induction. I was told it is usually at 42 weeks now that they induce you.

Fuzzy, if you don't want to be induced tell them and your birth partner. Your birth partner should understand it is your body and your choice.
I was told my induction likely failed because it is started at 41 weeks exactly. I was really upset because I didn't demand to be induced that early, it was the hospitals choice

Old 09-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #8316
Popple

Fuzzy practice standing in front of your mirror and having that conversation where you say firmly no I want to wait thank you. I find it really hard to insist on things I want too because I lack the confidence but this is so important because it is your body and your baby you deserve the right to have a choice in that. I find practising what you would say helps to feel prepared.

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #8317
charcoal feathers

I am currently:

Can i ask why you are against the early induction/sweep Miss Fizzy?

I honestly think it's a good thing, especially after my niece who was stillborn at fullterm this year.

It's so easy to get lost in constantly having to present
whatever face you believe a person wants to see rather than your own

charcoal feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #8318
fuzzy_sweets

I am currently:

Girlinterupted how did you find being induced? I know my birth partner should support me but they are concerned the hospital wants me induced and doesn't understand why i dont wanna meet my baby sooner rather than later.
Mrs Pixie I shall give that a try ty.
Charcoal im against the early induction as im concerned about the risks of an unnecessary induction such as more intense labour, inc risk of C-section and having to be less mobile while in labour as I will have to be monitored. I am happy to be induced if the benefits out weigh the risk but right now baby is happy and healthy inside me. Also considering not everyone's menstrual cycle is a 28 day cycle, due dates are just an estimate.

Last edited by fuzzy_sweets : 09-11-2013 at 10:36 PM. Reason: spelling error

Old 10-11-2013, 03:58 AM   #8319
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

That drip is evil. If baby is ok then induction should be left alone.

Mand x

Old 10-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #8320

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy_sweets View Post
Girlinterupted how did you find being induced? .
My induction experience was horrendous :( the first full induction process (24 hour pessary then 3x6 hour pessarys) failed completely. Then they wouldn't let me go home, said I could have my c section the next day (a Sunday) then said oops tomorrow is Sunday, surgeon is off, you have to wait til Monday. Then they restarted the process with the 24 hour pessary, which made me dilate a whole 1cm so they tried to convince me to go off the surgery list and wait for a space on labour ward where they might have been able to break my water.
The wait for labour ward was long. The woman on the bed next to me had been contracting for the whole 4 days I was in there, and got a bed the same time I went for surgery.
I ended up having my section, and discovering that the probable reason the head didn't engage is that it was massive, her head measures right at the top of the chart so probably wouldn't have fit!

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)