RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 11-06-2007, 10:35 PM   #1
Belt
Nerd

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - Progression in self harm?

Are you generally self destructive?

I was just thinking-I always was doing something to hurt myself-maybe not as obviously as cutting, when I was a babe I used to hold my breath til I was blue.

And I was always doing things like-making myself sick via eating salt & grabbing nettles and thorns. Maybe to show I was hardcore. Hardcore!

So then I began to cut.

And then I got all restricting/purging.

Next step, drugs?

Anyone else done this?

"Robyn, so many people care about you.
You know that."

Belt is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 11-06-2007, 10:48 PM   #2
Voldemort

Kinda, but, hmmmm. I dunno.

I used to try and break my feet when I was in year 6/7, then I started cutting, then smoking, then drugs. I don't know really. Maybe so.

Voldemort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:51 PM   #3
Everlong

I am currently:

Yeah, l've had time to reflect over what l used to go as a kid, and self harming, atleast for me was a progression of what l use to do.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:54 PM   #4
back_in_the_days

I am currently:

hi hun

i see where ur comin from ...!
i aint done most the things u describe ...! but i have grabbed thorns n nettles and often hold me breath till i pass out ...! i have even made me sel sick onmany occasions ...! punched walls till me knuckles are f****d ...! but self harm was the main issue 4 me ...! i am now 2 weeks free of everything and well even though it defeats the object a lil i still pick me old wounds at times when things are to bad to bare ...! nut its better than makin new wounds ...! as 4 the drugs i cant say i have done many ... exept the odd smoke of weed but thats it ....! but i am clear at the mo n allthough things are hard i still manage to pull thru on the right side well so far anyway ..! (touch wood )

hope that answers ya question hun
take care ...
and be strong

x lee x (female)

back_in_the_days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:54 PM   #5
ghosts in the machine
coimeádaí rún

I am currently:

well... I used to bang my head.. and not eat/drink for ages.. fall from high places on purpose.. then cutting/burning.. onto drinking/smoking/drugs..

okay, yeah - I'm generally self destructive

For those doubts that swirl all around us
For those lives that tear at the seams
We know… we’re not what we’ve seen

For this dance we’ll move with each other
There ain’t no other step than one foot
Right in front of the other

~ We're marching on... ~

ghosts in the machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:57 PM   #6
xbutterflyxkissesx
As Beautiful As Fire Against The Evening Sky

I am currently:

as a kid i tried to break my wrists, then i started scratching myself cos i was scared 2 cut any deeper then it was smoking, then i started fully fledged self harm cutting throwing up etc... now i also drink a lot and experiment with drugs sometimes to the extreme but every1 thinks im just a druggy but no1 understands that it blocks everything your feeling out and makes you a happier person for others 2 be around cos you have no emotions

*Lou*

Brothers and sisters
I'm right here with you
I am not afraid to keep on living
I am not afraid to walk this world alone
Becuase Im Alive And Im Never Going Back

xbutterflyxkissesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:58 PM   #7
The Hierophant

i would say my self harm has progressed now it's centered on drinking/smoking/drugs/promiscuousness/cutting

when before it was just pulling out my hair and the occasional cut.

The Hierophant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:13 AM   #8
Circle Of Fire

I am currently:

yeah i get what your saying. i was sort of the same...

When i was a kiddie i used to head bang, bite scrarch, pull hair, bruise myself alot..

when i started school 5+ i used to scratch and stuff. It wanst so bad then.

Then when i was 11 i started skin picking.

at 14 i was still skinpicking and started cutting

then at 15 my Si was worse (through veins) and was leaning towards a suicide attempt.

at 16 i went onto starving and purging, then back to SI.

A bolt of Lightning Splits the Sky,
A MomentBurning then Dims to Die.

Circle Of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:22 AM   #9
Jayda
I get lei'd in Vet's!

I am currently:

Well I've never really had problems with anything other than SI and ED's but, yeah, they tend to progress. Like when I was around 8, they were mild scratches that barely broke the skin. Around 11 or 12 I'd gone into cutting. And as time went by, cutting wasn't enough anymore, so I started cutting deeper, causing large 2nd degree burns, and intentionally broke two fingers on my left hand. Now its almost scary, not knowing what I'm actually capable of doing. If something stops working, I take it to the next level. Pretty soon I'm going to run out of levels.

1-800-448-3000
Anyone can call, at any age, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can call free of charge
from anywhere in the United States, the U.S. Territories and Canada. The people
on the other end are trained crisis counselors.

http://www.boystown.org/hotline/index.asp

Jayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:30 AM   #10
*Scarlett*
R.I.P Mum

I am currently:

Yes. When i used to argue with my mum when i was little i used to smack myself. I did the whole smoking thing too young. Next i started self harming which has got worse over the years. I started purging when i was about 14 which has got worse over time. Alcohol.

I do count myself as a very destructive person. I have to be doing something that isn't good for me and half the time i don't even realise that the reason i do it is to hurt myself.

*Scarlett* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:33 AM   #11
Useless Information 101
We're all in this together :)

I am currently:

I didnt realize it until recently but when I was younger I used to bite my arms until I drew blood. It was like a competition for me. I grew out of that but soon after I was taking small od's and then I went to cutting.

Dream.

Useless Information 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:56 AM   #12
dysphoria
parasite

My s-injury progressed. I started when i was about 10 years old...i just grabbed a pin and dragged it up and down my arm really fast, many times...Then i "forgot" about it for a few years, and then started to cut. My first cuts were "light" or superficial. Then my s-injury progressed again.

As time went on, i began to s-injure more and more severely. Now im at the stage where when i cut, i almost always make a gaping wound, from 0.5-1cm deep....not TOO deep to really require stitches, like into muscle or anything...just deep enough to get well and truly into the fat.

SO yeah...my self-injury has definatley increased or progressed over the years, without a doubt.

Good bye to everyone on RYL, for various reasons im leaving this site and i will never return. This may make some of you happy, and others sad. Im not leaving because of the members... Good bye and have a nice life

dysphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:14 AM   #13
Ancalagon

Mine's a bit different, but looking back I'd push myself really hard in sports and not care what it was doing to my body. I kept playing ultimate frisbee on a sprained ankle (2-3 games maybe) until the season was over since it was the playoffs. It took 4-5 months for it to fully heal and not have pain in certain situations. I've observed things like that countless times. In other people it may just be seen as an athlete pushing himself, but in me, I can tell it's partly self-destructive and me just not caring if I get injured.

Ancalagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:51 PM   #14
Psiren
Apathetic without the 'A'

I am currently:

Yeah I'm like that.
When I was really little I used to bite myself or hit myself when I got upset or angry.
A bit older and I was still hitting myself but then hitting walls and solid objects as well and pulling hair out.
Then the cutting progression. Started as scratches (not sure what age), then the superficial cuts that barely bled and never left scars (14 ish), then a bit deeper and now at the point where I have some pretty decent looking scars. Although I'm trying to stop before I have to start going to the hospital to get stitched up.
I still punch things though.
And with my eating I used to stop eating for a day when I got mad or upset, so maybe mine progressed from there.
As for other self destruction, I drink more often than I should and when I drink I won't stop until I'm hammered. I know about the health effects and stuff but I don't care. I guess that counts.

Psiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:13 PM   #15
camybaby

I am currently:

kinda, self harm is just one aspect of my self destructive behaviour, I didnt deal with it when i was trying to recocer from sh and just replaced it with an ed.

I am the Incredible Mongrel !

camybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:21 PM   #16
_plastic

For some reason i burst with laughter after reading ur thread ,It's not funny but uh ,I have been doing this also since i was a baby
My mum and my grandma used to hide the salt and put it away from me used to think that i can dry my blood hahaha i'm so silly
after that when i was about 5 as i remember i started pulling out my hair still do and when anyone sees me like this they know that i'm stressed ,i shake my legs quite a lot till they hurt ,before a year or a bit more i started cutting .The thing is that i think the same way as u do , i tell myself damn it now what drugs?
I don't sleep till it's 3 i don't eat well it's been ages since i last ate well uh crappy me!

A little angel fell into my arms at the 7th of december 2010
xx Angel my babysisterxx

_plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:38 PM   #17
J.K

As a kid I guess I took part in some self destructive behaviour, ingesting corrosive materials - battery acid and things - along with biting (which I always did, I remember that most) and picking at wounds (though, I never saw much harm in that).
As I grew up I started to choke and hit myself, along with more self destructive behaviour like before. Then I began to move on to SH as I got a bit older, but for the most part still do a lot of the stuff I did growing up.
So, I suppose there was a progression in my SH as I grew up.

J.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #18
Enelya
nemo ante mortem beatus

I am currently:

Hey!
I used to hold my breath - but this was more related to an OCD kind of thing.
Then I started smoking Shisha, and now I´m a cutter...
Kiss, Liz

"The opposite of love is not hate; it's indifference."
- Elie Wiesel

Enelya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:37 PM   #19
Dan
Beyond Repair.

I am currently:

If you read my post you'l know that's exactly what happened to me, i self harmed unconciously since i was a little boy, and then it progressed to cutting and i've finally realised i AM self harming, it's weird. :(

On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #20
surprising mystery

I am currently:

Well I think I may be a little different.. Hmmm, I was always a self-destructive kid I think but I dont think I was more than many others. I used to bang my head and pull my hair out and pinch myself till I bled etc.

But when I was 16 I took a small OD hoping to die, I didnt and I was fine and I couldnt find very much but I never told anyone anyway. Then a few weeks later I overdosed VERY BAD and was in hosp for 3 weeks till they transferred me to a adolescent unit. There is where I started SHing tbh, but when I was in the kids ward for the three weeks I tried to find scissors to slash my wrists with.. They didnt have any, damn them! Also in the childrens ward and before as well, actually through much of my teen years I would restrict and loose weight. I came to the unit very very underweight and they also forced me to eat and wouldnt let me outside if I didnt.

^ this is all a mess sorry xoxox

L_M_G is my mummy :) inkerman and razorbladedarling are my two non-identical twin sprogs (concieved on same day) Scabette< cos she has the cutest puppy dog eyes and i cant resist!feeling-afraid< my bottle of glitter!! which i just have to have :Pmidnight stars< my gorgeous sister, whom i love to bits ;) Dance With The Fairy< *star*gazing*buddie :] Broken-Fairy is my partner in crime ;) little_miss is my real life saviour PaperClip is my stationary queen

surprising mystery is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)