RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 21-10-2014, 10:02 PM   #1
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:
chest weirdness or something!

i really don't know how to explain it but I have this very strange tight feeling in my chest, well, more like something may explode out of my chest, it's been like this for quite a while now and my heart rate has been pretty fast and sometimes stabbing pain and I know it's not a panic attack or anything because I'm not panicky! ! and ive started to randomly involuntarily hold my breath for a few seconds, kind of like i forget to breathe which makes my heart feel weirder!!! probably being a total hypochnidriac but heart weirdness feels majorly uncomfortable!!!

also been in a lot of pain with my back and knees and ribs especially and its getting really bad, I actually called my mum earlier because I was getting freaked out by the amount of pain!!
I am taking painkillers and got a gp appointment next week but it is rather unpleasant!! is there anything I can/should do in the meantime?

thank yooouU!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 21-10-2014, 10:58 PM   #2
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

I had similar symptoms to these when my breathing was a tad screwed up from having asthma and panic attacks, basically even when not having attacks my body was so used to messed up breathing it wasn't doing it properly even when nothing was happening and in an attempt to regulate the breathing pattern back to normal and stuff it overreacts and makes things worse. This may or may not have anything to do with what is happening to you, but I thought I'd mention that (although it is VERY hard when you have that feeling of forgetting how to breathe and heart race increasing and so on) using breathing control techniques like you would during an asthma/panic attack for a couple of minutes should if you are patient unpleasant as it is sort it out, and gradually as you do this more and more often, the incidents should get less. Definitely mention it to the GP anyhow, and see what they say is my advice, and in the meantime, breathing exercises.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Old 21-10-2014, 11:26 PM   #3
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

thanks Katie!!!

I havent had a panic attack since i Got out of hospital so like....a month? and that wsa the first one ive had in ages!!
its been constant for ages like maybe a week and i think im just noticeing it more now!!
:?

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 25-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #4
Animad

You can sometimes have panic attacks when you don't feel panicky at all, I know it sounds weird, but plenty of people do.

Also, does the pain get worse when yu're breathing and what does it feel like? It may be something called costochrondrosis/ costchondritis which is when the muscles are spasming in between your ribs or the junctions between where your rib and the cartilage that attaches it to your breast bone is inflamed. This can cause this sort of pain and it can be intermittent. It wouldn't affect your heart though but would be one explanation. It does tend to come on at times of stress and also worsen if youre doing more physical things so with your new job that may explain it. If you can take them, ibuprofen or even paracetamol may help (you can take them both together if eed be) but take them only if there is no reason why ont to in the leaflet at the dose mentioned. Ibuprfen should also always be taken with food.

If it doesn't start to resolve then see your doctor or again see you doctor if you heart races all the time that this si occurring as it may be that something else is going on which may need investigating (I don't know how well your epilepsy is controlled at the moment but also sometimes heart problems/ problems related to circulation can affect epilepsy or cause seizures too so it's worth getting it investigating from that point of view too).

Old 28-10-2014, 12:20 AM   #5
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

it doesnt get worse when im breathnig its just like totally random stabs. it got really really bad the other night and I was trying to go to sleep but my heart was racing and getting paliptations for ages and my entire body went really stiff and was trembling. it was really odd!!! dont think ive ever expereiced anything like that before.
epilepsy is not very well controled currently and gp is increasing my meds a bit quicker than we planned because i keep having more seizures and i know i always go tachycardic after a seizure which i think is normal for seizures anyway but could maybe be putting strain on my heart or something?! i dont know how it works really!!! told my cpn about it nd becaus its lasted for a long time like they are kind of like episodes but lasting hours or sometimes a whole day at a time so she agrees that its probably not a panic attack becuse it lasts a long time and im not stressed or panicky in fact ive been in a eally good mood recently so idk.

Who else is fine?!?!?

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)