RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 24-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #1
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Episodes of shivering / shaking.

I get these episodes where I start shivering / shaking, often quite severely, even though I am not cold, thirsty or hungry. I could be sitting in a 20 Celsius room, well fed and hydrated, and I suddenly start shivering / shaking.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what this could be / what should I do?

I did some research on it but it is a very nonspecific symptom so I haven't really got an answer.

I suffer from migraines but the two are not related temporally.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Old 25-10-2014, 11:55 AM   #2
Sneckie
RYL First Aid Advisor

I am currently:

Hi

Can I ask how you are feeling mentally/emotionally when these episodes happen? Some people shake if they are feeling stressed, anxious or a bit overwhelmed.

Many of us spend our whole lives running from feeling with the mistaken belief that you cannot bear the pain. But you have already borne the pain. What you have not done is feel all you are beyond that pain."

Kahlil Gibran

Old 25-10-2014, 06:51 PM   #3
Animad

How long do these episodes last for? Do you feel normal again after it? Have you got any other symptoms? Is your temperature normal? Sometimes having a fever can cause shivering. Do you feel cold when this occurs? Are they connected with your moods/ stress levels/ any particular activity? Also what meds are you on at the minute.

Old 25-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #4
Steel Maiden

I think it could be anxiety but I'm not always anxious when the episodes occur.

I don't feel cold during the episodes.

Sometimes they can be 10 minutes but usually 2-3 minutes.

I feel normal after the attacks.

My temperature is 36.1C, just measured it and I had a shivering attack 15 minutes ago. I have been having the attacks for a few months now but they've worsened lately.

I'm on Olanzapine and Gabapentin.

I don't know if the shivering is connected with my migraines? I suffer from basilar migraines so can get quite bizarre symptoms, which are not always followed by migraines.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.

Old 26-10-2014, 05:15 PM   #5
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

I get episodes of shivering and trembling and I've worked out that it is my muscles reacting from being tense due to stress and anxiety. My general anxiety is greatly improved since starting pregabalin, but I still get quite stressed and tense and don't realise until I start shaking.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

Old 26-10-2014, 10:12 PM   #6
Steel Maiden

Makes sense although my anxiety and shaking are not always temporally related.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)