Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 22-11-2011, 01:19 AM   #1
winterjadedsoul
never to feel...

I am currently:
Periods restarting?

Hi,

Haven't been here in too long, so I hope you'll forgive me for posting when I don't know anyone anymore.

I have had anorexia for 7 years, and am living in a mental health care home. For the past year, I have been at pretty much a healthy weight, as it's nearly impossible for me to restrict here. I still want to lose weight, but that's a different story. What I want to ask is how long it takes periods to restart after you reach a healthy weight? When I have got to the same weight before, they have restarted pretty quickly, but I am showing no signs of starting them, despite being at the same weight or even higher than when they have come back before. Starting to get worried that they will never return :s

Thank you!

winterjadedsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 22-11-2011, 01:38 AM   #2
mickymouse

I am currently:

its different for everyperson, depends how long the ED was going on for etc. ask your doctor if you are really worried.

"life is not measured by the number of breaths we take... but by the moments that take our breath away..."

mickymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

Periods are a ****ing bitch. They make NO sense. At all.

I got mine at my lowest weight (unhealthy) and lost them at my highest (healthy). Loads of factors take part: nutrition, exercise, stress, hormones, weight, general health, water intake.

They're so, so varied. If you're worried about yours though - talk to your doctor.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #4
winterjadedsoul
never to feel...

I am currently:

Thank you for the advice, everyone. I appreciate it.

winterjadedsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 02:19 AM   #5
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

As a general rule of thumb it can take up to 12 months for periods return once you have got to and maintained a healthy weight, for some people this means returning to their post illness BMI even if it is much higher than the typical BMI 19/20 that would be the cut off point for the healthy range.

Being of reasonable weight for the last year I would say you need to go to your GP and ask questions and for advice on keeping your bone health in mind because lack of oestrogen will effect bone mass. And without periods naturally, it can suggest low oestrogen/ovary function.

Of course, use protection whatever if you are sexually active, because its possible to be ovulating and not bleeding.

I hope you get the reassurance, or tests/answers you need. xx

MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)