Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 28-09-2008, 05:26 AM   #1
l'il esky
Queen SockMonkey aka Holly :D

I am currently:
my friggin hamster (who i love dearly)has turned into houdini

firstly...yes i am writing this at 4AM IN THE MORNING

so.... i wake up at about 3.40ish and her some weird noises by my curtains and it was beginning to irritate me (NB: i had my window fully open so HUGE gaping hole but pull my curtains, one in front so birds dont fly in and the second hooked over the handle so dont let the light in too early in the morning) so.... i get up in the dark, no glasses obviously so a bit blind to say the least...

so i shake the curtain thinking it is a moth or fly keep flapping against the curtain..nothing then i pull the window out a little bit and i hear a loud bump of something hiting the floor......
...... by this time some people with poor bowel control would not have been so lucky..... i thought oh my F*****god what was that?!.....

........heart facing faster and faster and then thoughts of oh crap how i am gonna get a bird or whatever this huge thing is that i have out of my bedroom and at this time it was still dark......so ran over got glasses and turned light on.....look on the floor nothing and i was like i really didnt imagine that...crap where has it gone (NB:my bed has a lot of storage boxes under it) so i but my very brave cap on and had a quick peek under the bed and who do i find......

.......Honey (the hamster) the great escape artist.....

2 thoughts still going through my mind 1)..am i dreaming 2) WTF?>?!?>??!!?!?!?! my hamster has not only escaped from a high cage but 2) he has run up my curtains and was about to commit suicide...well thats what would have happened. i cant believe that i woke up and found him otherwise i would have found him on the driveway this morning, dont think even HONEY houdini could survive that jump!!

i'm not really sure if i will be able to sleep, i have made sure the window is SHUT! but my heart is still racing.....i am pleased it wasn't a pigeon or any other species but could have really done without this!!! he is now safely back in his old cage(which is only a wire cage,no plastic), chocolate drops saved the day(i leward(?sp) him back with them!!!)

this has NOT been a fun evening/morning/sleep
Attached Images
File Type: jpg honey.JPG (10.4 KB, 89 views)

this pic is so i can always remember jen who was my l'il sock monkey friend who has left ryl and i miss her!!!
xx

l'il esky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 06:45 AM   #2
l'il esky

I am currently:

hopefully this will work!! and it'll be a bigger pic...

i wish i still had the receipt for his cage cos i would def take it back and go look...this is hardly designed well now is it!!!!

me thinks me need to try and sleep now otherwise first day back at work on monday will be a disaster!! naughty Honey (but i'm glad he's alive)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg honey.JPG (57.3 KB, 20 views)

this pic is so i can always remember jen who was my l'il sock monkey friend who has left ryl and i miss her!!!
xx

Old 28-09-2008, 06:47 AM   #3
l'il esky

I am currently:

p.s yes he did give me the "im so cute, you cant be mad at me eyes"

little terror, this is the 2nd time he has escape, the first time i let his cage door open....oopsy!!

xx

Old 28-09-2008, 07:22 AM   #4
l'il esky

I am currently:

oh harry is lovely :) i love hamsters....he wont be able to escape from the cage he's in now as long as i remember to shut the lid.... thankfully there isnt (usually)very far for him to go, cos i live in new build and there are no holes.....did however think i could open a window in my house but clearly not

perhaps he thinks he is Jai from home and away and that he is indestructable!!....i think i shall stop him from watching it...

i cant sleep and now am hooked on mahjong!doh

xx

Old 28-09-2008, 07:42 AM   #5
akita

I am currently:

You're a very naught hamster

akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 01:04 PM   #6
Dicky T

I had a hamster that was a master of escaping. He could sqeeze under the the gap between the bottom of the bars and the tray and escape that way. In the end we had to put him in a tank with pieces of persects on top held down by books with very small beathing holes.

I called him snowdrop, but in light of his tallent he became known as snopdrop bond - because I'm a geek.

Dicky!

Old 28-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #7
pixie*lyssie
Lyssie =) xx

I am currently:

Awwww I have a hammy called Cookie and she's 2 now. She's getting on a bit so sleeps 24/7 and eats and drinks and that's about it. I love her soooo much =D

Someday I'll wish upon a star
and wake up
where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
away above the chimney tops
that's where you'll find me
http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1002&dateline=1227381  259

pixie*lyssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 01:45 PM   #8
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

glad he is bak safe and sound now.
i have a dwarf hamster... wil lhave da get a pic n show u :) xxx

Some days are still hard but they make the good days seem all the better :)

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 02:15 PM   #9
Tig

My little Minnie did the same recently. I was absolutely petrified. I've cellotaped her cage very carefully now

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #10
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor

I am currently:

My old hamster lived to be 4! He was amazng.

my last hamster escaped and we couldn't find him, then like 4 or 5 days later i was sitting on the sofa and he just crawled up from between the cushions and just sat on my legs looking at me! Haha.

DILLIGAF

"itís when youíre acting selflessly, that you are at your bravest"
- Four.
CTFxC'er forever.

GlitterTrashDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 05:05 PM   #11
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Hamsters are so silly!

My last hamster headbutted something on its cage, escaped, and started scratching at my door. Then it escaped again when we were at my aunt's house and I was woken up in the middle of the night because it was in my aunt's bed! It also crawled up behind a radiator and got stuck so I had to push it out with a ruler. Then it managed to get inside the couch and we had to cut the couch open to get it out.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 07:24 PM   #12
l'il esky

I am currently:

honey is now back in his old boring cage, i took the other one back....they were like why?? so i said well i dont think it is safe for my hamster to be able to chew the lid off and then nearly escape through the window...num nuts!!! he seems ok today from his little adventure.
thankfully if he does escape there isnt generally anywhere for him to go but from now on gonna keep the toilet seat down and never leave a window open when i go out!!

when i went for a sunbed today ended up talking to the owner about him, she said she had one that escape and day she heard a 'plop' and her hamster fell out from the chimney into the (unlit) firplace....
these hamsters are naughy pickles...but i love him! :)

i hope my hamster lives till 4 :) i'll be devestated when he's gone xx

xx

Old 28-09-2008, 08:02 PM   #13
yourockmysocks

There is a book about this written from the hamsters perspective. It's written for children but you may find it quite amusing.
The book is called,
I, Houdini: The Amazing Story of an Escape-Artist Hamster. by Lynne Reid Banks

yourockmysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #14
l'il esky

I am currently:

me too that sounds funny hehe and very like my hamster!!!

they gave me a credit note, but i got it in a garden centre so mum is gonna give me the money for the voucher....im not really a garden centre person...they offered to give me a new (same style) cage....was like unless u've changed the design, i dont want anything to do with that cage....did i mention he could of died!!

silly silly, hopefully he'll be safe for a while....i have shut the living room door just incase., do not want a repeat of last night.
x

xx

Old 29-09-2008, 09:31 PM   #15
Amaryllis
Forum Mod

I am currently:

My little hamsterdude, Penguin, has yet to escape. Thank goodness! I don't know what I'd do if he got out.

But I did put him down in my sink when I was changing his bedding (the sink was stopped up so he couldn't go down it, and he managed to climb out of it! He just looked at me like 'what?'

Men come and go, but dust accumulates.

Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 12:21 AM   #16
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourockmysocks View Post
There is a book about this written from the hamsters perspective. It's written for children but you may find it quite amusing.
The book is called,
I, Houdini: The Amazing Story of an Escape-Artist Hamster. by Lynne Reid Banks

OMG! I read this book when I was about 8! and I just found it in a box of my old books I had under the house!!! lmao

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

- Dr. Seuss

Casper_Fading is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 12:29 AM   #17
Einmyria

I am currently:

haha. i have on a couple of occasions woken during the night to have something climbing on me, and not having much sense when half asleep just lunged at them hoping they were hamsters instead of mice or something. hamsters are so amazingly clever, i miss having them!

Einmyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #18
Alone and Scared
*Roby and Allie's Angel!*

I am currently:

I had a little hamster called Pickle when I was about 5, and he escaped (he was a ball of fluff!!) and he made a nest underneath my kitchen sink and then (somehow) found a way through to the living room floor and chewed through a piece of carpet - mum saw him, and tried to get him and whilst trying to get him, the toast burnt and then the smoke alarm went off!! LOL! We had to take him back and get Pickles the 2nd though.....

I have little Didge now, but she's really good. x

-ďAnd the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom.Ē Anais Nin-

Allie, Mutt, Great Grandma, Hope and Humbug. I love you and miss you all. xx
Love you Caz, Kel, Roby &&Dasher. xx

Alone and Scared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #19
OutOfTheWoods11
I'll let you **** my soul, for a hit of that glow

I am currently:

Awh!!!

Glad he's okay!

So many faces I have seen, so many places not yet been.
So many people I have met, so many names not to forget.
Such beautiful people in their right, laughing, dancing through the night.
So many faces I have seen, the futures so bright it can't be seen.
Is any of this even real?

OutOfTheWoods11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:47 AM   #20
x-mixedemotions
tilly

I am currently:

hahaha naughty hammy!
my old hamster, boo, did something like that. She managed to get her cage door open and started exploring my room and woke me up at a stupid hour by geting onto my bed and natually i threw my quilt off and was like WTF was that, turned the light on and stood in the middle of my room half awake when a hamster appeared from my quilt cover and came running up to me like heeeyy mommyyy how you doing?!
that was not the first time it happened :|
Oh and, Boo got around the pegs too.....

**If You Love Someone Or Something Enough, Set Them Free.**

I Will Never Forget You.

x-mixedemotions is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)