Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 28-08-2015, 03:08 AM   #1
stumpy
Hidden In My Shell I'm the Invisible Person...

I am currently:
Triggering Film

I've never posted in this section of the forum before, I don't really know why, I'm watching a film on True Ent, called Odd Girl Out, and it's triggering memories from the bullying I went through in school, and my family's lack of awareness of just how bad it was. I've also been bullied by family members, including those closest to me.

I know most people would say if it's triggering not to watch it, but I think facing the bad things in my life makes me stronger :)

I have been bullied most of my life, I tried hard to make people understand that I'm different and that I accept myself as I am, and I don't care how much they want to bully me, I'm never going to change for them, you would think after years of ignoring the bullying it would stop, but it just never does.

It makes me turn on myself, I have to apply so much self restraint to keep going everyday, but I'll still continue to face my demons, I refuse to run away like I did back in my school days :)

stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 28-08-2015, 12:07 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
I always have a choice

I am currently:

Sorry you're finding the film triggering. I was going to say don't watch it, but I do understand your reasoning to continue watching it. I think you have a very positive attitude to facing your fears; you are very brave.

What I would say is that if you are still experiencing bullying, there are some actions you could take. If it's happening in the workplace or something, you could tell your boss and if it's on social media you could block the people involved.

We’ll find a way to fight it, we always have.
It's not how tragically we suffer but how miraculously we live.

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2015, 10:30 PM   #3
stumpy
Hidden In My Shell I'm the Invisible Person...

I am currently:

Thanks, most of my bullying is family or people close by in the area I live, who I tend to distance myself from as much as possible, I'm always gonna get bullied in some way or other, because of mistakes and choices I made in my life and because of the stigma still surrounding mental health.

I just minimise things, but it's not like I can just tell my family to do one, as things aren't that simple, I can point out that actually I won't accept being treated in that way, stay firm and assertive.

I can report bullying at places like my housing association, mind, or the drug and alcohol centre, but not that I need to very often :)

One way I deal with family bullying is to explain things like you would to a six year old, and make them realise that bullying me for certain things I do, or the way I do them is wrong, I try to teach them empathy, and that they themselves are not perfect, nobody is :)

I also ask bullies how they would like it if I or someone else were to bully them, making them question themselves and their action, I'm also careful not to get too confrontational, as I don't want to be attacked physically :)

So I guess I am pretty strong, although I don't always feel that way :)

stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:20 AM   #4
daverecovers
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

I completely understand your point. Bullying leaves a deep effect emotionally which can never be erased. However, we can distract our mind from those kinda thoughts as they are very aggressive and will make you loose control if not controlled properly.

Just try to distract your mind and do meditate on a daily basis, this does help to calm yourself.

Live free!

Regards,

daverecovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:52 AM   #5
Pi.R^2
I always have a choice

I am currently:

I think you are very strong indeed and I'm glad you're able to be assertive with reporting bullying and standing up to your family. I'm sorry that you are being bullied in the first place though. Is there any way to put some distance between you and your family so that aren't subjected to their bullying so often? Do they make any positive changes to their behaviour after you speak to them about how bullying is unacceptable?

We’ll find a way to fight it, we always have.
It's not how tragically we suffer but how miraculously we live.

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)