Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 23-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #21
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

I've got a Love Film account, but I put myself on the lowest level - one DVD a month and 2 (or is it one?) films streamed online a month. That is about as much as I can manage.

Besides having 115 textbooks in my bedroom has proved to give me a good distraction.

Although I really like music, I always have it on in the background when I'm not revising and I leave music playing all night while I sleep (I wake up a lot feeling freaked out so the music calms me down).

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #22
monket
Carpe Noctem

I am currently:

I don't watch TV ever, really. There's not a lot of shows I find that interesting and the ones I do I can find easy enough online!

monket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #23
whirlpools

I own one TV and have a TV license as it's only 7.50/year in supported housing, which is a bit jammy. But I don't watch it. I watch a bit of TV when I'm at my parents (The Apprentice, Casualty and occasionally Corrie) and will probably watch The Apprentice when I go back home, but apart from that I don't bother. I'm always online.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #24
earthbound_misfit
a soul in tension that's learning to fly

I am currently:

I don't have a TV, but do watch stuff on iPlayer and youtube sometimes - almost entirely comedy.

Can I just say, it's great fun when the TV licensing people send you angry accusational letters then come to your house... and there is no TV! :)

"I have a room for life at the home for the chronically groovy!" - Sgt Floyd Pepper

earthbound_misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #25
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

^ lol. I had 3 letters coming from TV licensing, and I was happy to tick the "I don't have a TV" box.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #26
Aemornion
Jay

I am currently:

I avidly watch certain programs that I enjoy, such as Doctor Who, Star Trek and the Big Bang Theory. But I watch them online rather than on the actual TV. I never watch the TV. Partly because I don't have one in my room and so the only one I could watch is downstairs, which is always being watched by someone else in the family. The other reason is I just can't stand normal TV. I can't sit and just watch something. So I watch stuff on the Internet in my own time.

Also, I refuse to watch adverts.

"Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher." ~William Wordsworth

Of course I'm sane, when trees start talking to me, I don't talk back.

Aemornion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #27
Zombie..

I am currently:

I watch tv some times ...but my husband uses the tv for his x box and DVD player so i guess we use it all the time ...

Zombie.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #28
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

I'm the same as many people here, i love having it for background sounds while i'm on here.

FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #29
Just Believe.
It's Hard to Fight When The Fight Ain't Fair.

I am currently:

I watch quite alot of TV. Well it's on pretty much all the time I'm at home. I never sit and soley watch it though it's just on while I'm on the laptop/cleaning etc. I do like my soaps and things. I probably could live without it but I live by myself and I enjoy it so yus :)

Forever & Always

Just Believe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #30
I Like Turtles
the-rainbow-man

I watch my tv when my internet goes. Apart from that, it's just sitting on my counter collecting dust!

Everyone is beautiful, even you!

I Like Turtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #31
Scaredy-cat
I am the very model of a modern major general

I am currently:

I really love having the radio on. I do like some documentaries but they're ones noone else wants to watch usually so i watch them on my computer in my room.
I do like simpsons though

He was no longer jean valjean but no. 24601 -les miserable

Some of life's mysteries will never be solved, such as why, after spending an entire evening listenong to Bach, do I find myself humming "the birdie song".......

I am reaching, but i fall, and the stars are black and cold, as i stare into the void of a world that cannot hold- les miserables

Scaredy-cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #32
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmike View Post
I'm the same as many people here, i love having it for background sounds while i'm on here.
^ same here.

I watch a lot of TV. I have to have some sort of background noise otherwise I go mad.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

Please do not pm me without permission as I find getting PMs very stressful.

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #33
happywondering
выродок

I can live without tv itself, but I like it. Plus I have lots and lots of things I can watch on my hard drive.

Never forget what you are for the rest of the world will not.
Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you

happywondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #34
Ninja Orange

I am currently:

I watch it to kill time. Or have it on for background noise so that it's not quiet.

Ninja Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #35
JDenning
I welcome the reaper

I am currently:

I watch TV everyday, though more of listen to it, more than actually watch it, unless I'm playing a game on it, so it is a necessity for me

Take me away, I just want out from this self-imprisoned self-made Hell. Don't be surprsed, this is your mind coming to life by self-sacrifice. This tragedy of death will walk hand in hand with every thought of regret. Blame yourself for what you've become. The mind is a powerful thing set to self-destruct.
~I, Dementia - Whitechapel~

JDenning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #36
mat
it never ends.

Usually too busy to watch tv. Torrent movies on my phone. Haven't seen news or a weather forecast since jan of 2011. Ill watch people watching tv occasionally , going to from places.. n its stuff I've seen already anyway. Tv is crap these days, and no wonder why people have such poor qualities cause their usually acting like people on tv. Idk I personally think were screwed , everyone watching jersey shore... ppl wanna be like that -_-. I'm attached to my sidekick but I could like without electronics easy.

mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 11:47 AM   #37
foxfly
little skinless

I am currently:

I used to watch a lot of TV growing up, but then I moved out and didn't have my own TV and got out of the habit of watching. I still watch DVDs of shows I enjoy, or sometimes comedy shows when I'm feeling down, but I don't watch TV at all any more. My flat this year came with a TV as part of the contract, but I haven't really touched it at all.

Sit on my finger, sing in my ear, O littleblood.

foxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #38
Zedebee
It's okay not to be okay

I am currently:

I love my TV. His name is Stevie. He keeps me company in the evenings, whether I'm paying attention or not.

The only time you will find real light is when you're searching in the dark..

Zedebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #39
Dream Decending
Willow

I am currently:

I'm not a huge fan of the TV. I get fed up with all the adverts, I prefer to just watch films on my laptop as a rule.

Feel the removal of desire and shame
It's the key to rebirth in a world slightly sane

Dream Decending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #40
BridgesAndBalloons
A Thimblesworth of Milky Moon

I haven't owned a tv for two years and I don't miss it at all. I watch what programmes I want to watch on the BBCiplayer and other sites, ITV, Channel Four etc on my laptop. My partner does the same on his laptop, we don't miss having a tv.

BridgesAndBalloons is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)