RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-03-2017, 10:23 PM   #1
_wendy_
meaningless

I am currently:
Bupropion experiences

So, been a while since posted. Lots has changed in some respects, but nothing in others. this last couple weeks been bouncing around between a+e, police, gp etc for mental health, then yesterday found out ive got to have an op in a weeks time to take some biopsies for cancer suspicions. today i finally got to see my psych as an urgent appointment. I had come off quetiapine back in January and been sliding since with low mood, no sleep, paranoia, flashbacks, nightmares etc and several suicide attempts.
My psych today suggested Bupropion. Said its an off label use here in UK for depression, so she will have to do prescriptions but wants me to give it a go. 150mg a day for couple weeks then increase to 300mg, then 450mg over a space of time if all ok.

Its not a med ive heard a lot about and finding it hard to find personal experiences. Did a search on here, but not many recent posts on Bupropion.

Qualified Peer Support Worker (2017)

current mental health diagnoses: depression, PTSD, GAD, self harm, bpd

current meds (as at Feb 2017): , thyroxine, metformin, iron, b12, vit d, atenolol, Butec, Naproxen, Nefopam, Lanzoprazole, Bupropion, quetiapine (prn)

_wendy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 18-03-2017, 12:46 AM   #2
Irisflower

I am currently:

I took Buproprion/Wellbutrin for several years for depression and found it helpful. I think I was put on different meds due to changes in my situation (can't remember if I took it during pregnancy?) Am now on nortryptyline and latuda. I felt that while Wellbutrin helped it was only partially, but your experience may be totally different/ I am not a doctor. Let me know if you have any questions I might be able to share experiences with.

Irisflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 01:16 AM   #3
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

I have been on it since last August and find it helpful for my depression. First medication in ages that did anything at all for me. I also didn't suffer any side effects other that it messed with my ability to sleep when I took it late at night, which is not recommended anyway.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 11:40 AM   #4
_wendy_
meaningless

I am currently:

thank you both for your replies. its not really used here in UK for anything other than stopping smoking as thats all its licensed for, so hard to find reviews from people who have used it. Im aware everyones experiences are different but still like to get a general feel for something. taken first one this morning so will see.

current meds (as at Feb 2017): , thyroxine, metformin, iron, b12, vit d, atenolol, Butec, Naproxen, Nefopam, Lanzoprazole, Bupropion, quetiapine (prn)

Old 22-03-2017, 04:54 PM   #5
Amaryllis
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I've been on it off and on for eleven years now. It's been great for me. (When I was on 450 was the best, but here that's really only for when you're in the hospital)

It typically doesn't mess with your libido, and it also seems to help with focus issues for me.

Men come and go, but dust accumulates.

Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 05:28 PM   #6
_wendy_
meaningless

I am currently:

apologies only just seen this. Have been on the 150mg for just over a week now and due to increase to 300mg next week. Def feel like ive more energy, but that could be psychological. Still only getting an hours sleep a night, but didnt expect it to help with sleep, but, feel more able to cope with the lack of sleep. 450mg is the dose im aiming for my psych says so will see. As i said im due to increase to 300mg this week, but have a gynae op tomorrow to see if have cancer, so will leave it few days then increase.

oh, only thing have noticed is quite a drop in heart rate. I normally have tachycardia so heart rate at times around 100-120bpm. its now usually around 60-70bpm and my average resting heart rate (according to fitbit) is down to 55bpm since started the meds, so will keep an eye on that.

Old 30-03-2017, 07:30 AM   #7
manic_felinemistress

I am currently:

I'm also diagnosed bipolar and ptsd. I take 300 mg of it along with Latuda, I found it to be one of the most beneficial drugs I"ve been on with few side effects.

manic_felinemistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:56 PM   #8
_wendy_
meaningless

I am currently:

thank you for your reply. I have borderline personality disorder and ptsd rather than bipolar. meds are kind of the same though i guess. Lots of overlap.
Im guessing your in USA? Ive not heard of Latuda here in UK, will look it up. Psych said next time she wants to consider adding Trifluperazine in again. Been on it before but not alongside an anti depressant. She said Buproprian works best when added to something.

Been on 300mg for a week now and not noticed any issues with it, and its early days to notice any positive effects. Had an op last Monday under general aneasthetic so that knocked my sleep pattern a bit better last week, will see how this week goes.

Old 15-04-2017, 09:13 PM   #9
_wendy_
meaningless

I am currently:

So after seeing my psych a few times, and another psych there appears to be a lot of confusion around Bupropion - mainly because it isnt licensed here so no one seems to agree how i should be taking it. So, im now still on 300mg but taking it in split dose. My psych says she still wants to add another med as it works better that way, she just doesnt know what as its not a med they normally use, so having to get advice.

The only downside ive been getting on the new meds is constant deja vu feelings. Its been awful. I didnt connect it to the new meds til my psych mentioned it. She said if it continues then will have to come off as will make things worse. so annoyed if thats the case as im out of med options. She said everything we do now is experimental.

The upside is my psych is now back seeing me more regularly - every 2 -3 weeks since I finished with my cpn.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)