Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 15-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #1
xxmoonxraverxx
Lilli, 18, Florida

I am currently:
we have some talented writers here

I was just looking through the creative corner and noticed some of the people here can really write and draw. Maybe we should make a book of poetry?

X X X X

|-/

xxmoonxraverxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 04:32 PM   #2
null_n_void
Yes, I'm an avatar now!

I am currently:

I'd be up for that... plenty of material to write my own book, but would be happy to contribute whatever I could

‎"Damaged people are dangerous because we know we can survive"

null_n_void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 07:23 PM   #3
nowhereman

I am currently:

There is a book of poetry by members already, but that was several years ago so another one would be a great idea! I own the book and it's really good, I ended up publishing my own book of poetry on The same site too. I'd be up for contributing to a new one (I wasn't in this one) ps. I just reviewed it!

Breaking the Taboo

Last edited by nowhereman : 16-08-2014 at 07:31 PM.

A world without Light would be dark.

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 09:49 AM   #4
JusC

That would ne gold. Ive not looked on thť created corner but its gold to know. Should try it and see.

JusC

JusC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 08:22 AM   #5
nowhereman

I am currently:

I have thought of organising a book myself and giving any profits to the site. But yeah, I'm too lazy to bother. I'd love to contribute if someone else organised one though.

Old 19-08-2014, 09:49 PM   #6
JusC

That would be ŗ good idea secrets hurts. Why not do that? I dont really know what goes in this created corner.

Old 20-08-2014, 02:41 PM   #7
JusC

Do u know? I dont know. I like it.

JusC x

Old 21-08-2014, 09:56 PM   #8
MoxieDoxie

I am currently:

I think because of our struggles we have so much inspiration and creativity. We are in touch with our feelings even if we try to cover them up with unhealthy behaviors.

Last edited by Serendipity. : 23-08-2014 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Removing link.

http://coachsmindeye.blogspot.com I am not my diagnosis!

MoxieDoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2014, 12:34 AM   #9
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

Maybe not just poetry, include drawings and short pros.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.í Ė Oscar Wilde
ĎItís hard to dance with the devil on your back.í Sydney Carter

Buttons. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2014, 11:10 PM   #10
JusC

Thats true. Thats good to know. What do u know?

Look forward to it

JusC

Old 27-08-2014, 06:28 PM   #11
bitomato

I am currently:

Hi all.
First up a book is a good idea. I do not think that anyone should feel pressured to donate to the site- so I think all contributors to the book should be on the same page as to why they are doing the book. Could I get an amazon link to the other book to see how it was done?

I find creativity corner useful because I write things I think at the time and I am uncensored- so it may be puppy dogs and rainbows one week and the pits of Hades another. I recently had colleagues really question what I put on facebook, and was bullied severely so I deleted half my "friends" and created a secret group where I would write any time I felt "creative" to a handful of friends.

I do not know what your experience has been, but it is advisable not to create too many new posts; try to learn the culture of chat or a forum; and to note if you are meant to put trigger labels on your thread. I have recently returned to journaling in a book offline, and I think that you might want to print off your poetry and also keep a kind of portfolio offline as well. Maybe look for opportunities to share it at coffee shops etc.

Ultimately you need to learn to be your greatest cheerleader. Finding a few persons of like minds who support your work and encourage you would be the next step.

~Happy tomatoes together we will be~
You say toe- may- toe, I say toe- mah- toe:
Let's call the whole thing- red

ďItís time to lead the third revolution, which is not to say we want to be at the top of the world, but to say we want to change the world. Because the way the world has been designed by men is not working. Itís not working for women, itís not working for men,
itís not working for polar bears
.Ē Arianna Huffington 2014

bitomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 11:00 PM   #12
nowhereman

I am currently:

The other book isn't available on amazon, only lulu, which is a self publishing site. However you can get it put on amazon if you make it on there (with a distribution package) though you have to buy a copy to check it before they will let you. I have my own book on amazon as well and also amazon kindle, which you can also do outside of lulu. Hang on, I'll get links to mine if that helps. It's simple enough to do it on lulu, I'm just too lazy to do much of anything these days.

Here's the link Hurt by Nicola Ward
As you can see it is much cheaper to buy on kindle, as I'm not able to control the paperback price. I was able to make it cheaper on lulu though.

Old 28-08-2014, 12:10 AM   #13
ParanormalChickenGeek

I am currently:

What an amazing idea!

We're all architects of our own private hell
No-one can hurt us like we hurt ourselves...

ParanormalChickenGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 03:49 AM   #14
Isoverity

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxieDoxie View Post
I think because of our struggles we have so much inspiration and creativity.

That and because RYL is in England. People in England, UK etc just naturally pay more attention that language (and I'm in US). When I first came to RYL I used to read people's posts and think they were around 25 yrs old, and they would turn out to be 13 or 14 lol

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:29 PM   #15
bitomato

I am currently:

I wrote a poem inspired by someone and posted it here. I wanted to share it with them, but then realised it could be traced back to this site if I don't delete it from the original thread in creative corner. I think that is the hardest thing about my poems- they are spontaneous rarely edited and yet I want to share them in the real world but can't because they are part of my process on RYL. So I guess a publication only using my RYL persona would necessary because I am not comfortable identifying myself.

~Happy tomatoes together we will be~
You say toe- may- toe, I say toe- mah- toe:
Let's call the whole thing- red

ďItís time to lead the third revolution, which is not to say we want to be at the top of the world, but to say we want to change the world. Because the way the world has been designed by men is not working. Itís not working for women, itís not working for men,
itís not working for polar bears
.Ē Arianna Huffington 2014

bitomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:15 AM   #16
Animad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoverity View Post
That and because RYL is in England. People in England, UK etc just naturally pay more attention that language (and I'm in US). When I first came to RYL I used to read people's posts and think they were around 25 yrs old, and they would turn out to be 13 or 14 lol
To be honest I don't thnk the fact RYL is English is the reason at all. I'm from England and it's only been in RYL where I've seen this. If yu see what people write outside of here, like people that you meet elsewhere or just talk to normal people and see their level of English, it is well below the standard seen here. I work with a great cross -section of the community which goes from lawyers and doctors all the way down to people who are in and out of prison and anything and anyone between and a high proportion have pretty poor English skills, written and communication and don't pay attention to language at all, not even some of the really high achievers. I think it comes more from the type of site we're on and the fact people want to write and get their emotions out etc than the country the majority of the users are based in.

Animad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:57 AM   #17
Scumbelina

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets Hurt View Post
There is a book of poetry by members already, but that was several years ago so another one would be a great idea! I own the book and it's really good, I ended up publishing my own book of poetry on The same site too. I'd be up for contributing to a new one (I wasn't in this one) ps. I just reviewed it!

Breaking the Taboo
So did not know this!

Scumbelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2014, 04:32 PM   #18
JusC

Ive not used the creative corner yet but would like to. One thing i wont know how to do is to post it on here. Anyone know how?

Yh there is alot of people on here who are creative in drawing and writing. Need to share this more on the site. Maybe having another creative forum but for people who like to do so me creaative writing or drawings of anything how they feel or what they are doing in school or college etc. Should have a creative corner for that but it being under name called Express Yourself fourum. That would be a good idea.

I dont know if the mods are thinking about another forum but this one would be good. I dont know what u think

Yh

JusC

Old 20-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #19
JusC

What does everything think?

Yh

JusC

Old 04-10-2014, 08:14 PM   #20
waytorecovery

I am currently:

As an aspiring writer I would love to contribute to this if it happens!! I know I wouldn't be personally identified but I would love that because I could release my most vulnerable work without feeling weird and self conscious about it.

"Tell me one last thing," said Harry. "Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
Dumbledore beamed at him, and his voice sounded loud and strong in Harry's ears even though the bright mist was descending again, obscuring his figure.
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

waytorecovery is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)