RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 10-04-2013, 01:59 AM   #1
null_n_void
Yes, I'm an avatar now!

I am currently:
North Korea: What Next?

Well, there's the problem... no-one actually knows. Right now, everyone gets the fact that Kim Jong Un is as dangerous as his father was. But even his dad never went this far and if i'm honest about this, I'm predicting that there will be a conflict.

Yes, I know that technically, North and South Korea are still at war (A peace treaty was never signed), but it's been more of a cold war. If things do go crazy and it all goes hot, what do you think will happen? Do you think that he could launch an attack with conventional weapons or even a nuke?

They have the missile tech and have rapidly developed the nuke tech, so do you think that maybe, this will just blow over or do you think it's all gonna kick off?

I know that North Korea has a tendency to run it's mouth, but this feels different.

This feels sorta legit.

‎"Damaged people are dangerous because we know we can survive"

null_n_void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:36 AM   #2
Isoverity

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by null_n_void View Post
Well, there's the problem... no-one actually knows. Right now, everyone gets the fact that Kim Jong Un is as dangerous as his father was.
He's more dangerous. The father was a nut but not a lunatic. He was somewhat rational in his aims. He acted bellicose to get food etc. This son is not only a lunatic but he has never has any connection to reality having grown up in his fathers bubble. He has not yet earned the devotion or fear of his people. The concern now is that he may be one of those people who takes "losing face" very serioulsy and be compelled to act. Its hard to predict a true nutter. He might go after South Korea and troops there or he might try something wilder.

There is some concern about an EMP blast which they have some capacity to carry out. But - these is also some capacity to take a missile out. In any case the world has not taken NK as seriously as it should have and let things fester year after year. Truth is North and South Korea should have been allowed to fight things out already. The endless imposition of "peace" by outsiders often has effect of making things worse in time.

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:38 AM   #3
Rorschach

Well, China will be rather upset that their export orientated economy shall be f**ked up by a war between one of their main trading partners.

Everyone, do not lose sleep.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:37 AM   #4
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

If they keep on threatening to take military action against America (of all places) then they are going to get themselves bombed to holy fu*k. Or, World War Three might just brake out. Who knows. They are a very real threat though.
'Ain't nobody got time for that sh*t.

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
The One Who

I am currently:

I'm going against the grain and saying that I don't think they are a particularly imminent threat. Kim Jong Un has to satiate the military leaders and prove to them that he has control over things, which is likely what the recent moves have been about.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #6
Isoverity

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Who View Post
I'm going against the grain and saying that I don't think they are a particularly imminent threat. Kim Jong Un has to satiate the military leaders and prove to them that he has control over things, which is likely what the recent moves have been about.
In the long term they have still been a part of the situation with Iran. NK gets huke help from China and then they help Iran with its nukes. There is a strong belief in international intelligence centers that the recent NK nuke test was done on behalf of Iran - who also drills for launching scuds off of ships on the ocean. That's considered an EMP blast drill.

All the unsane are finding each other and I don't think they are being taken as seriously as they should be. For me its a just a short matter of time before we have a disaster. Its like the world is a gas filled room and people keep lighting matches. Obama is actually arming Al Qaeda in Syria and Iran hates them and vice versa and will be compelled to act. Its crazy Obama is aiding one enemy who ends up angering another enemy in Iranian regime (not so much the people - who are also mad at Obama for abandoning them while helping Libya).

"North Korea Nuke Test for Iran?"
http://thediplomat.com/the-editor/20...test-for-iran/

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)