Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
astroace
Live like there's no tomorrow

I am currently:
Replacement Coping Skills

I gave up cutting about a week ago. Give or take. Here's the steps I've done to be safe: rid myself of all my tools and anything that might pose as a trigger, and let someone know I'm doing this and ask them for their support. So! I'm looking for coping skills that can replace the cutting so progress can be made. Please keep them positive, please please please!
Thanks all

*I hope that this can go forward to help others who are looking for substitutes.*

"Don't go in search for the light at the end of the tunnel, but BE the light at the end of the tunnel for someone else"-unknown
"Fall Down Seven Times, Get Up Eight" -Japanese Proverb
"You can count on me like 1,2,3 and I'll be there. 'Cuz I know when I need it I can count on you like 4,3,2 and you'll be there. 'Cuz that's what friends are supposed to do."-Bruno Mars
"I'll jump for you."-Tokio Hotel
"Everyone needs an olly, olly, oxen free."-Hannah Baker

astroace is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 08-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
xxhappydaysxx

I am currently:

Hello!

Well done for making the decision to stop cutting! Finding a replacement skill is an important step for a successful recovery. Have you got any hobbies? IT may help to find something you personally enjoy, and go from there.

However, there are loads of great ideas in the big distraction list. I hope you find some that work for you! xxx

"If only everyone could know and live with their inner craziness…people would be fairer and happier."
Paulo Coelho

xxhappydaysxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
Tig

Hey,

Well done for making this wonderful decision and posting for support :)

I find writing and music really helpful tools to get through self harm urges. Writing out all the problems and emotions that are troubling me.
I also find distractions helpful, like wordsearches, kriss kross. Anything really - I hope you can look at the distraction list posted above because they really do help.

Also, I found making an inspirational picture helpful. I got a massive sheet of paper and on it I put inspiring pictures, quotes, reasons to not self harm, my dreams, goals and also a list of things I could do other than self harm.

Take care xx

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #4
astroace
Live like there's no tomorrow

I am currently:

Thanks guys :) I'll check out that list for sure!
And I'll be sure to try out those things you listed Tig. Anything is currently possible

"Don't go in search for the light at the end of the tunnel, but BE the light at the end of the tunnel for someone else"-unknown
"Fall Down Seven Times, Get Up Eight" -Japanese Proverb
"You can count on me like 1,2,3 and I'll be there. 'Cuz I know when I need it I can count on you like 4,3,2 and you'll be there. 'Cuz that's what friends are supposed to do."-Bruno Mars
"I'll jump for you."-Tokio Hotel
"Everyone needs an olly, olly, oxen free."-Hannah Baker

astroace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor

I am currently:

I have to agree with the above posters, but I just wanted to come in and say well done! It's a great step that you are taking, and a very positive one in the right direction!

DILLIGAF

"it’s when you’re acting selflessly, that you are at your bravest"
- Four.
CTFxC'er forever.

GlitterTrashDoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)