Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 03-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
Queen Crabbit
Are you a florist?

I am currently:
Motivation? (Such an aggravation).

Basically, I find it really hard to motivate myself. I wake up and I'm all like "yes! let's do this! and then nothing ever happens. I keep saying at X o'clock or in 5 minutes I will get up/get dressed/leave for the gym and never get round to it. And it's not because I don't want to. It's like a big old mental block and I don't know how to get past it. This is even a problem when I'm manic. I'm fine for getting up for/going to work because I KNOW I have to do it, but this other, every day stuff, I can't.

So, yeah, I was wondering if anyone had any tips and stuff to help?

Thank you :)

&& then buffy staked edward. the end.

Queen Crabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

I wish I knew the answer. I'm similar to you. I can get up for college because in my head I have no choice, I have to do it.

But I'll plan to go for a run, or walk into town or whatever and an hour later I've not got dressed. I go through days where I make loads of plans and get all excited about the new things I'm going to do and try to reinvent myself and the next day I put it off and then never do it. It feels sometimes like the effort of starting something new is so huge and exhausting so I wont do it at all.

I suppose what might help is breaking down an activity into little steps so it feels manageable and not having too many projects on the go at one time.

I'd like to hear other people's suggestions, too.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
Scrabble.
[:

I am currently:

Im exactly the same.
Its really stupid.

And im sorry, i also have no answer. :(

x

<3

Scrabble. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #4
Eccentrics
Occasionally lurking

I am currently:

I'm exactly the same, once again :/ No motivation to do anything. I want to do things, but I just can't find any motivation to do them. As a result my coursework/schoolwork is suffering...
I'm so so sorry I can't be of help...

Eccentrics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #5
Queen Crabbit
Are you a florist?

I am currently:

Sarah, you put it exactly like it is.

I KNOW that I will feel better once I've done something (and not necessarily feeling better depression wise, just feeling better knowing that it's now done yada yada) but that's never enough.

Hopefully this thread, if/when someone can give us some tips, will help more than just me!

&& then buffy staked edward. the end.

Queen Crabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #6
The One Who

I am currently:

Do you pay for the gym? If so, that could be motivator. No one likes to spend money on something they aren't making use of. Other ways could be to treat yourself for doing whatever it is you had planned.

Some people like to write to-do lists, some don't. I'm one of the latter, I'd spend my day writing the to-do list!

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #7
Intaytia

I am currently:

This is so easy to relate to.
Claire- I'm one of the former, but then tend to ignore said list.
At first, I just lost motivation for things like uni work, but now I'm even losing motivation for things like leisure reading... :|

Intaytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:23 AM   #8
sajhfuahuefghaeg

Chels, Sarah, I will join the "this is totally me" club with you.
*sits down with tea*

sajhfuahuefghaeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
makedamnsure

I am currently:

I can be the same often.
I go to uni because I have too, but then don't do any of the coursework or reading until the absolute last minute when I have no other options.

Days off I do nothing with too.

But you do feel better if you've done something.

I have dogs so I have to at least walk, feed and look after them which forces me out of bed.

Making plans with friends/family is good too, because you don't want to let them down so you have to go.

Sometimes once you are up, and have done something it becomes easier to do the other things. I had a phase of going the gym early in the morning, and it made me more productive for the rest of the day.

Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit

makedamnsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #10
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Quote:
Originally Posted by makedamnsure View Post
I go to uni because I have too, but then don't do any of the coursework or reading until the absolute last minute when I have no other options.
Oh this is me.

I have months to do an assignment and yet two days before I'm frantically writing to get it finished. It's like, I think about the assignment as a whole and all the different aspects to it and they stretch out before me and it feels too much so I push it away and don't think about it. Sometimes I can't even figure out how or where to start.

But maybe I need a certain amount of pressure in order to work. Hm.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)