Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 22-06-2019, 10:32 AM   #1
chinahorse

I am currently:
Very stressed

I'm under a lot of stress right now and could do with some support. I'll try and explain the situation in no particular order cos I'm equally stressed about everything.

I'very got a new job. It's a better job but more stressful even though I will have more employer support.

The new job means I have to learn to drive very quickly. I'm struggling physically to do it as I have fibromyalgia and it makes my knees hurt to the point of crying. But I have to do it and the more tired I am the worse I am at it. And I feel like I'll never be able to do it.

The new job is 2.5 hours up the country. So I have to move house. I have a cat. I managed to find somewhere that will take him but I'm very stressed as it's not progressing very quickly and it's not for certain I will get it. Plus there's the financial strain of moving house.

Then there's the fact the new job means less money. Now I can get by but I'd need to be a lot more careful than I am now. And the first few months will be very very lean.

Then there's the stress of having to revise for my driving theory test and do my online work course. Whilst doing 42 hours a week at work whilst having mh and physical health problems and trying to run a house.

Then there's the lack of sup port from yhe cmht. I've had nothing for a few months but infrequent calls from the crisis team. I'm meant to be meeting my new cpn and a therapist on the 25th. But I'm stressed that I finally get therapy and now I'm moving. And that the person writing any referal to any new cmht doesn't know me at all. Then I'm going to have no support for a while when I actually move. And it feels like the cmht have abandoned me when I need them most.

There's so much to think about and I'm so overwhelmed. But I can't ring crisis cos I'm not in crisis I just need regular support with the same person.

Given enough tea I could rule the world.

chinahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2019, 05:27 PM   #2
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

Firstly, huge hugs and I have missed you.

I too have fibro and it took me over 2 years to learn to drive 'cause of the pain etc, so I can't imagine having to do it in a rushed manner, although I understand the position you're in. Does your driving instructor know of your condition? I know mine made some slight adjustments for me.

It sounds like you have a heck of a lot on! - Do you have any family support at the moment? No offense but the CHMT sound terrible and should under no circumstances be leaving you alone at a time like this! How is your GP? Could you mention to him/her whats going on? Or go to a local MIND and see if they have an advocate?

Apologies for all the questions!

EyelinerAndCigarettes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2019, 05:39 PM   #3
chinahorse

I am currently:

Hey <3

The driving instructor doesn't know. I don't want him to turn around and say he wont teach me.

My family are being very supportive but it's not the same as professional mh support. I can't get time off work to see the gp. And getting an advocate seems pointless when I'm leaving soon.

I'm just shutting down all I want to do is sleep.

Old 22-06-2019, 05:45 PM   #4
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

Sleep is sometimes a real help! How has sleep been for you lately?
I understand the fam thing, it's certainly not the same.
I wonder if mentioning how you're feeling to your CPN and the crisis team is an option, I know it feels a bit pointless as you are moving but perhaps they can put some sort of extra support in place for you during this time?

We're all here for you.
x

Old 22-06-2019, 08:43 PM   #5
Auror.
Aurors for the win.

It does sound like you've got a lot on, but hopefully some of the changes will be good. I know you've been really unhappy and unwell in your current situation. Learning to drive is scary and stressful, but once you get used to it, it does get easier to do. Hopefully once you are driving on your own without an instructor you can move seats and things around to be more physically comfortable for you? Moving is immensely stressful even without mental health issues. Throw everything else in and it's really hard. Thinking of you.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 06:14 PM   #6
chinahorse

I am currently:

How do I cope with stress withput turning it into anxiety?

Old 23-06-2019, 06:26 PM   #7
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

Are you currently trying any relaxation or mindfulness? I often find a soft slow walk pretty helpful to calm stress or anxiety too.

Old 24-06-2019, 06:56 PM   #8
chinahorse

I am currently:

And now I have another work stress that will make my last week rubbish.

I am struggling enormously to deal with everything. I feel bad. Very bad.

Mindfulness doesn't work.

Old 25-06-2019, 01:39 AM   #9
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

I'm sorry to hear that - Do you want to talk about it?
x

Old 27-06-2019, 07:36 AM   #10
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

Been thinking of you - how are you sweetheart?

Old 27-06-2019, 05:50 PM   #11
chinahorse

I am currently:

Thank you lovely.
Im sort of just ploughing on and ignoring things. Which I know isn't healthy but what else can I do?

I feel broken. I met with the cmht on Tuesday and they can't really offer any support until I leave. So I'm on my own.

Old 28-06-2019, 06:38 AM   #12
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

If all you can you do is power on until you've got some stability you do that.

I'm sorry the CMHT couldn't offer you anything useful. Is there anymore certainty with the move yet?

Old 06-07-2019, 12:31 AM   #13
Auror.
Aurors for the win.

Thinking of you and Bertie. I really hope once things become a bit more certain it will feel easier to cope. Trying to sit with uncertainty really is awful.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)