Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 14-05-2015, 12:38 AM   #1
ASkatersDream...

I am currently:
Newmarket hospital Norwich

Hiya I don't post very much at all especially now Boris board has gone

I'm just wwondering if anyone has any experience with The Newmarket hospital in Norwich?

My best friend is being admitted there tomorrow.

Believe <3

ASkatersDream... is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 14-05-2015, 02:43 PM   #2
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

I haven't had any experience with that particular hospital, but I have been admitted as an inpatient on numerous occasions so I can help with any general questions you might have?

Wishing your friend all the luck <3

x x x

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2015, 03:16 PM   #3
ASkatersDream...

I am currently:

Just basically can I still contact Her?
Will she get to how she was again before she slipped?

And a more social thing is what do I do now I've lost the most loveliest person in my life

Believe <3

ASkatersDream... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2015, 03:28 PM   #4
Too Shy

I am currently:

Rules for mobile phones/laptops/internet can vary between units, but you will be able to contact her - if you can get the address of the unit I'm sure she would love to receive some post. I got a lovely book with messages of support from some of the lovely people here when I was inpatient, and it really lifted my spirits.

Whether or not she will get back to where she was before she slipped is much harder to answer. She might be able to, but she might also struggle for a long time, and sometimes that's very difficult to break. But with the inpatient treatment she is receiving, if she is able to work with them and really get the most out of her treatment (even if not initially, then during the later stages of her inpatient stay) then she has good chances of getting her life back.

If you aren't always able to contact her, then the best thing you can do is keep doing things you enjoy. Try to see other friends if you can so that you don't isolate yourself, put your own needs first and keep talking to people.

Too Shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2015, 03:32 PM   #5
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

Yes, you will still be able to contact her, sadly some units have different rules about using a mobile phone/internet, when I was IP we could use our phones & internet any time other than meal times. However you're certainly be able to at least write!
When your friend arrives she should be given all the rules & then she can pass them to you. Hopefully, your friend will respond to treatment well & start her journey to recovery when she's admitted.

In terms of socializing for you, is there any other friends you are close to? Its important you look after yourself during this time as it's really distressing when someone you love is poorly & you'll be no good to anyone if you're unwell too. Perhaps you can set up a time with your friend every night/week when you have a really good chat on the phone so you feel less distance between the two of you?

x x x

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)