Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 23-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #41
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Thank you. If things get more difficult I might go. I have an appointment with my GP on Friday and i'm going to ask her to review my care plan, I know that I need more support.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2009, 09:08 PM   #42
susieannah
Control is an illusion

I am currently:

I hope you can let them know how much help you feel you need. Try to be as honest as possible *hugs*

susieannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 05:45 AM   #43
lozstar88
my star has died...but its light still shines

I am currently:

*massive huggles, hugs and cuddles*

Goodluck with your appointment hunni, will be thinking of you.

Take care lovely, Much love Loz xox

I'm not text book smart but I'm street smart....well sesame street smart anyway :p
I <3 you Lozza- my beautiful twin and care bear! Keep holding on. 'Whorejay'- u are my gorgeous partner in crime, who I will never give up. They can't seperate us! loooove you. I <3 Frizzly forever!!! ur my nite light
R.I.P my beautiful angel Kat, you will always be in my heart. 27/03/91-31/08/09 xxx Sweetdreams baby girl xxx

lozstar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #44
susieannah
Control is an illusion

I am currently:

How are things today? I hope you are feeling slightly better. Have you made any plans for what to discuss with your gp? *hugs*

Old 24-05-2009, 08:10 PM   #45
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I'm still not feeling great, my neighbours are being noisy and that usually makes things worse. I do know what I want to discuss with my GP and I have written it down.

I have another question, sorry. For anyone who has ever been to A&E, how did your family react, particularly teenage siblings? Or did you manage to keep it from them? I worry a lot about causing my brother concern but I know that it would be worse for him if I died. I told him about the assessment team and that I might go down to see if I can get a proper assessment but I didn't say anything about being suicidal. He said I should go if I want to get better. I told him that I might go on the Friday when I went to the hospital and when I got back he didn't even ask if I managed to go.

Old 24-05-2009, 08:15 PM   #46
what_the?
continual crisis

I am currently:

When I've been to A&E in the past, at home I have always either been made to tell my parents (when I was under 18) or I have told them off my own back. Now it is easier not to, because I live about 3 hours away from them.

I think that it is entirely up to you whether you tell them or not, but that although it might be difficult, they probably would want to know. I think that often family members are not sure what to say, but just want to be kept in the loop.

That was a useless post, I'm sorry, but I hope you are as okay as can be.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. Make us all feel wonderful. We'll never forget."

what_the? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 08:15 PM   #47
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

i hid everything from my mam... she doesnt know anything.

myabe you're brother doesnt know how to react. i dont know how old he is, but maybe he finds it hard to deal with or doesnt understand the seriousness of your problems. im not sure, maybe hes ignorent.. as in he just doesnt know or cant realte so doesnt understand. xx

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #48
susieannah
Control is an illusion

I am currently:

I'm afraid I managed to hide it from my family, so I can't say much about that situation. As for your brother, as mentioned above, he maybe doesn't know how to react. It's a complicated thing, and can be very hard to know what to say. Maybe he thought you wouldn't want to talk about it? If you feel you can, could you try just being open with him? Sorry if this isn't much help, sorry your neighbours were being noisy, that always puts me in a bad mood, too *hugs*

Old 25-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #49
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

i have told my mum because i need someone to be there.
my bf is always here for me but i know that it gets too hard for him sometimes so its good that him n mum can share the support.
my brother is 15 and prefers me in hospital to be honest. he knows that i am safe there and that he doesnt need to worry about me.

Some days are still hard but they make the good days seem all the better :)

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #50
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

All my family know about my problems and when I had to go to A&E and stuff. They were concerned obviously but I think it helped knowing I was getting proper treatment.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 07:07 PM   #51
Cacoethes
¡Viva la Revolución!

I am currently:

all my family know, my mum has to drive me.
she is annoyed at first, but she accepts that i need the help.
my step dad ignores me for a few days then carries on as normal
my siblings dont really care, me being in hospital is normal for them.

anyway, it doesnt really matter if they get annoyed, because if it keeps you safe then thats all that matters.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 07:46 PM   #52
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I'm worried about causing my brother to worry, he's 17. Our Dad is 90 and we have no other family members around so there would be no one to support him.

Old 25-05-2009, 08:18 PM   #53
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I'm feeling really bad, I don't want to go to A&E though. I'd have to make an excuse to my family which wouldn't work. I don't know who I can get in touch with before I see my GP on Friday. I hate phoning people.

Old 25-05-2009, 08:23 PM   #54
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

I do too, maybe crisis team, get someone to ring them on your behalf, you can email samaritins?

also, i went to a walk in center today and got lorazepam to help me get through the next few days until i see a psych x

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #55
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

There is no crisis team in my area. I have emailed the Samaritans but they take a while to reply and it's not very helpful because the discussion is slow. I don't think there is a walk in centre in my area either. There is honestly nothing except A&E and GPs within working hours.

Old 26-05-2009, 12:42 AM   #56
Tears of Solitude
Jade xxx

I am currently:

I think your family would prefer you to get help before its too late.

Im sure they would prefer to support you in your times of need than never get given the chance.

Honey, you really need to tell someone how you feel because you deserve to feel better. xxx

I fight everyday not to.
Even Now.

Sunshine=Soulmate
Airwolf=Brother
Angel=Best friend
Always
xxx

Tears of Solitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2009, 09:39 AM   #57
susieannah
Control is an illusion

I am currently:

I agree with tears of solitude, your family would rather you got help. I know it's hard and scary, and you are probably carrying feelings of responsibility and fear of guilt, but you have to take care of yourself as well. Your family would want that *hugs*

Old 26-05-2009, 04:33 PM   #58
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I spoke to my brother last night and he honestly didn't want to know. And this morning my Dad said to me that I can help being unhappy, I just need to give myself a shake.

Old 26-05-2009, 05:38 PM   #59
jen-x

I am currently:

Hun we all know it doesn't work like that, you can't simply shake yourself out of depression. Maybe he's scared for you and doesn't know what to do? I also think it's a really difficult thing for people to comprehend, especially if they havent been through it themselves. Sadness they've experienced, they've been able to bounce back from relatively quickly, so they don't know what it's like to be 'trapped' in such a state.

I hope your docs app goes ok, but in the meantime, don't count out A&E. I'm sure they'd rather you got some help before something terrible happens. People have funny ways of showing they care.

Please look after yourself, I know you're struggling, but everyone on here cares, and i'm sure you're family cares greatly about you to.

take care,
jenx

jen-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2009, 05:50 PM   #60
susieannah
Control is an illusion

I am currently:

I agree with jen, mental illness is a really hard thing to understand. I'm sorry he said that though, and that your brother didn't want to hear any of it. That must have been so tough to hear :( *hugs*

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)