Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 14-05-2009, 05:32 PM   #61
plastic rose
tough cookie.

I am currently:

My most recent therapist was pretty good at being honest, and she was kind, but she was a bit too psychoanalytical/overly spiritual for my liking. She didn't really believe that depression was partly inherited, she thought that 'trauma can skip generations' and she once said to me "you know, girls with Anorexia tend to have poor relationships with their mothers and girls with Bulimia have poor relationships with their fathers". Ugh. Seriously? That one put me off so much.

sarah
* pm me * chat * supporters * eating disorders info *
* you don't have to "look like" you have an eating disorder to have one. *

plastic rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 06:14 PM   #62
Kija
angelic fruitcake

I am currently:

hmm see i'm quite trippy in regards to spiritual things, but as for getting someone elses problems? nope i think they are always our own. about to sound way out here, maybe from a past life or something, but our own, always our own. and depression is so partly inherited! they've done studies! mental illnesses run in familys! mind i think that people can have the glitch that gives you whatever illness, and some people get it and some dont down to nurture/environment!
xxx

ella1 is my twiny twin twin!

Kija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009, 12:00 AM   #63
xXMessedUpXx
And broken once more

I am currently:

hey, don't know if i should post in here or not. I've always thought i just had straightforward sever depression, but after talking my symptoms through with my boyfriend i really seem to be as likely to have Cyclothymia (less sever form of bipolar?)

anyone else have any experiences with this? i have a docs appointment next week, do you think i should bring this up? or leave it till i see the pyschiatrist in june?

sorry if i should have posted here

Life Is Like A Beautiful Melody Only The Lyrics Are Messed Up

xXMessedUpXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009, 07:31 AM   #64
plastic rose
tough cookie.

I am currently:

Cyclothymia is a type of mood disorder, so whether you have that or Major Depression, this is exactly the right place to post about it. Welcome!

Self-diagnosis is never a great idea, but if you've been having symptoms that you suspect are indicative of a manic or hypomanic episode, then you really ought to mention that to your psychiatrist. Whether you tell the doctor sooner than that is your call, but if you're worried it might help to see them to put your mind at ease.

sarah
* pm me * chat * supporters * eating disorders info *
* you don't have to "look like" you have an eating disorder to have one. *

plastic rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #65
Kija
angelic fruitcake

I am currently:

welcome XmessedupX you are in exactly the right place! like plastic rose said, i would mention the symptoms to your doctor. i told mine that my boyfriend thought i had bipolar (wich he did) and she pushed me straight away. yet i was! that damn man was right! haha!
when i changed doctors and just said, look i know somethings wrong with me this is how i feel things were a lot more better. if that makes any sense? and was immediately put on mood stablisers, then with a combination of few other things that went wrong i got to see a pysch within 2 weeks! yay! and got properly diagnosed.
anyways i'm in a waffley ranty mood sorry!
welcome again!
xxx

Old 15-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #66
Ranger Fairy

I am currently:

I have a dignois of Bipolar and BPD but find it find to know which disoder is causing which spytoms. Does anyone else with more than one diagnois have this problem?

xxx

Ranger Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009, 11:18 PM   #67
Kija
angelic fruitcake

I am currently:

as far as i know i only have one diagnosis sorry! xxx

Old 17-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #68
silentdancer
forever's gonna start tonight

I am currently:

iv wondered the same think about my bipolar and bulimia...it all seems quite cyclic

im seeing the psych on tuesday...am wondering if its likely il finally be started on meds soon (which would be a relief)

xoxo
kaye

silentdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #69
Ranger Fairy

I am currently:

gud luck hun *hugs* I hope its helpful

xxx

Old 17-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #70
Kija
angelic fruitcake

I am currently:

good luck silent dancer!
xxx

Old 18-05-2009, 01:07 AM   #71
silentdancer

I am currently:

thanks guys :)

is it juat me or is the waiting around the worst part..and seem to make everything else worse?

xoox
kaye

Old 18-05-2009, 02:19 PM   #72
Kija
angelic fruitcake

I am currently:

waiting is always the worst part, by the time i get to the appointment i'm a wreck!
let us know how it goes!
Xxx

Old 20-05-2009, 01:52 AM   #73
silentdancer

I am currently:

it didnt go too badly. he seemed nice enough but kind of an akward person which did make the conversation sometimes akward.

however he did go out of his way to be friendly and nice. appointment ended with me being prescribed lamotrigine (sp?) which he thinks will help. he originally wanted to put me on lithium, however i was very concerned by the initial need for quite a few blood tests so we agreed on lamotrigine. he also wants to put me on an antidepressant after this has started to take effect.

so all and all it went quite well

hows everyone else?

Old 20-05-2009, 02:01 AM   #74
xXMessedUpXx
And broken once more

I am currently:

nervous
have another appointment with my GP tomorrow, there a few things i need to tell her =/

scared cos i have a counselling session next week and then a pyschiatric assessment the next week. scared of counselling cos its never worked in the past and its going to drege up things i dont want to think about. scared of the psychiatrist cos apparently she just sits there and i known im gonna flounder and **** up. but then part of me just needs a name, i need to know why im like this

im rambelling,sorry

Life Is Like A Beautiful Melody Only The Lyrics Are Messed Up

xXMessedUpXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 07:13 AM   #75
Ranger Fairy

I am currently:

I hope the lamotrigine helps silentdancer :) Let us know

Gud luck xXMessedUpXx I understand how ur feeling, I hope you get what you from your appointments *hugs*

xxx

Old 20-05-2009, 09:10 AM   #76
Kija
angelic fruitcake

I am currently:

silent dancer - the thing you have to keep a close eye on especially in the early days on lamotrigine, is any signs of a rash get yourself to a doc, or a+e immediately. can be major serious.
i'm on lithium, early stages loads of blood tests, its not so bad! looks like i'm going to be put on lamotrigine as well tho. nice!

messed up - i really hope you get what you need from your appointments. i hate pyschs who sit there and let you ramble, because it always feels so wrong, may be the best thing they can do tho!

i'm struggling at the moment, so sorry if anything i says sucks!
xxx

Old 20-05-2009, 11:25 PM   #77
silentdancer

I am currently:

so far it seems to be going well, having a little trouble sleeping but i was before aswell so it might not be the lamotrigine. its weird though i thought it would be pretty horrible taking meds...but i actually don't mind. they even have a faint strawberry flavour because theyr chewable tablets...which is odd but not terrible.

i totally know how you feel about pych's just letting you talk yourself out. its horrible, it makes me nervous and when im nervous i just dont stop talking. half the time have no idea what im saying because he hasnt asked me anything to hwlp direct my thoughts. and i never know if what im saying is even relevant lol

i hope you're okay kija, what are you struggling with? don't worry, nothing you say will suck!!

xoxo
kaye

Old 20-05-2009, 11:29 PM   #78
Kija
angelic fruitcake

I am currently:

silent dancer - glad it seems all good so far!
i think i'm just having a crash, once i've been manic, i always then swing down to depressed. i thought it might be different as it was drug induced mania (side effect to abilify!) but no. and theres a load of stuff going on wich is just really hard wich isnt helping. somehow have to find the motivation to get on with things. i hate it.
xxx

Old 21-05-2009, 05:30 AM   #79
silentdancer

I am currently:

its ok hun, just remember what comes down must eventually go back up again! although hopfully not manic...

i can totally relate to not having motivation hun, im having to withdraw from my current university courses as iv had very little motivation all trimester so havnt actually done much of the work...

i feel really down :( my psych sent me a copy of my psychiatric assessment because i asked if i culd see it. however now im not sure i like knowing what he said...it was oddly depressing despite the fact that he seems to think much more highly of me than i do

Old 21-05-2009, 10:00 AM   #80
Kija
angelic fruitcake

I am currently:

yeah its hard to see past it tho isnt it? i know its only temporary, but its getting worse and dont know if i can wait it out.
i had to quit my "uni" - was at college in proffesional dance training, because of this damned mental health. it sucks. i think thats one of the worst things.
sorry your feeling really down too :( i saw lots of my pyschs letters to my doctor, they were odd. they would literally quote me on things, like "its all ****" and "my brain feels like its spagetti" and then go into depth and use posh words to explain what i meant, was very weird.
i'm going up to london this weekend, to see the lion king for my bf's birthday, and i know i'm going to have to be cheery throughout that, because i dont want him to feel bad that i'm misserable, i can do it, it just wears me out, i can hardly manage doing it for 3 hours at work.
uff.
xxx

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)