wow i remember this thread!

i hope everyone is doing okay x

I'm only Human.

LionCondemned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 12:34 PM   #302
Emo
OLDER THAN SPACE AND TIME - THE TARDIS

I am currently:

really not doing so well today ... meant to be going out to get my sister as she wants to come up here today but she has no bus fare and i hate traveling on buses (i have free travel for myself and my husband we just have to pay for my sisters day saver )

Going to listen to my music on the bus and hold my husbands hand
am very scared of people

Wednesday i have a dental appointment witch means strangers touching me am scared they might hurt me
:crymd:

Emo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 08:00 PM   #303
LionCondemned
Kat.

I am currently:

Hey there,

i have some advice regarding the dentist, just think to yourself, at the end of the day, dentists are professionals, and they wont hurt you in any way they shouldnt. i am going for a filling tomorrow and i am nervous, but knowing that if they do hurt me they will be in big trouble with the police etc helps.

i hope it goes well for you Emo. x

I'm only Human.

LionCondemned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 06:33 AM   #304
Thisisnotok
Halie

I am currently:

just kinda an intro when i was 12 i was raped by my boyfreind and his boyfreind i never told anyone until i was 16 (2 years ago)
My therapist says i have ptsd i have alot of flashbacks and nightmares from it.

Any advise for dealing with flashbacks at work? I mean the ones where you can feel them too

I may not be perfect but I am trying.

Thisisnotok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014, 11:49 AM   #305
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

Hey all, I've never been in this thread so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I'm being prescribed a muscle relaxant to help with my PTSD during the nights, has anyone else had them && did/do you find it helpful?

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 04:45 AM   #306
sapphire hearts
Maybe it's too late to live and feel safe

I am currently:

Hey EyelinerAndCigarettes - I've never been prescribed a muscle relaxant for PTSD, but I only got officially diagnosed recently.

Having really hard time with it right now. Sorry. Anyone else having **** time?

Ask me mistakes I have made
Ask me whether what I have done is my life

Others have come, in their slow way -
And some have come to help, or to hurt -

Ask me what difference
Their strongest love or hate has made.

sapphire hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2014, 07:33 AM   #307
silentgirl

I am currently:

I was told by my therapist that i have simiilar traits to PTSD. Have been silently freaking out about this.

silentgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 09:41 AM   #308
[Luna]

What's freaking you about the diagnosis, silentgirl? Is there anything we could do to reassure you?

Let us go then you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky, like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 10:10 AM   #309
silentgirl

I am currently:

it wasn't really a diagnosis as such. My therapist wants to try and use Eye Movement Response Therapy with me which is used in the treatment for PTSD. She told me that I have been through traumatic experiences and that I might be bake to relate to some of the examples on the hand out she gave me. Nine years of depression/self harm and PTSD only gets mentioned now? explains a lot but I don't know what to think or feel. damn I'm craving a blade :(

silentgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 10:20 AM   #310
[Luna]

Try not to hurt yourself sweetie, it won't make anything better. What is making you want to cut? How are you feeling about doing EMRT? Do you think it would be helpful?

Let us go then you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky, like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 06:32 AM   #311
Thisisnotok
Halie

I am currently:

I know this thread isn't posted on very often but wanted to share something I've started that helps me alot. I was raped. So a lot of times I get scared of being raped again. For example I have a good friend who's like a second mom to me. I haven't seen her in 2 years. I'm seeing her tomorrow and for some reason I started panicking that she was gonna rape me. I rationalized that since I had been with her alone before with no problem everything would be fine. I've realized that if I start to panic if I rationalize the truth of situations and what has happened in tast that's positove. It helps that fear go away. Just a tip that might help some people

I may not be perfect but I am trying.

Thisisnotok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #312
Uglyducklin

I am currently:

Well done for that thank you for sharing. I feel such a raw mess. Is it normal to have problems with perception in PTSD I keep thinking people are nearer than they are? Feel I'm losing it sorry if this is wrong :(

Uglyducklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 10:25 PM   #313
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

Yes it's normal. its a smptom of hyperawareness. it can be scary <3

I had to talk about the rape today in therapy. it was really hard and has brought up some bad memories. luckily i had a nice day to distract me

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 10:34 PM   #314
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Really struggling with ptsd but I am hoping once i got my referral to therapy for you (NHS Psych services) I will be feeling a lot better shortly. I sometimes feel like temporary dumping the guy I am with as it's causing me problems, hes also writing about me on facebook and other forums and also he's rather negative about me doing art classes, getting better or at university/job searching and then he's positive and it really pisses me off. But I know even if i dump him temporaily it will affect my mental health yet everything is getting shitty and i can't cope.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 11:54 PM   #315
Uglyducklin

I am currently:

Thanks J that's really helped I'm used to feeling hyper aware but the feeling of almost a change in air pressure was new and weird. Well done for discussing your experience it's so hard I know. Stick at it and I'm glad you did fun things afterwards. I'm sorry you are struggling skinnylove911

Uglyducklin is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)