Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 27-03-2014, 11:07 PM   #2761
consequential

Hello. Can anyone tell me what a 'voice' is to them. I have intrusive thoughts which involve insulting people with them which I can't stop. Is this voices or what? and if you hear thoughts is that voices too? I think i heard voices when I had a breakdown but they have stopped and has anyone tried Invega paliperidone the drug cos I had very bad side effects from it.

It became like a sort of prison. Encased in a silver shell, words so full of bleeding need spilled like drops on dry leaves. And all the while laughter prevailed a long way from here. Nowhere land, nowhere time, nowhere space.

consequential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 07:45 AM   #2762
out_of_here
Chase

I am currently:

Hearing voices for me can be anything from hearing distorted whispers coming from somewhere around me, to hearing words spoken right into my ears. OR yelled. I also often hear sounds that seem to come from my surroundings but have no apparent source.

What do you mean by 'intrusive thoughts'? How do you experience them?
I have intrusive thoughts sometimes to do with my OCD but they are quite different to voices as well.

Hearing voices is very different to being aware of your own inner voice/thoughts.

out_of_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #2763
tamobhuuta

I am currently:

I haven't had voices for a long time but my usual one was a man's voice in my ear or head yelling at me and telling me to do stuff. I also had multiple voices muttering from a distance.

sorry, I haven't heard of that med.

with Christ I hang upon the cross

tamobhuuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 05:05 PM   #2764
consequential

Intrusive thoughts are ones which come into my mind which I have not planned. Like thinking about sex or something inappropriate at the wrong times which makes me ill at ease. I can't control my thoughts around people as I never learned as I was growing up how to do it. I don't think I hear voices but I did hear the same group of people around me that were invisible when I had my breakdown a couple of months ago. It was like I kept moving but they followed me. They had distinct sounds and personalities. I felt my life was a playstation game and I was moving levels. I feel I have so much say and I have to keep writing about it cos none of the doctors and nurses wanted to hear about it. If it was me I would be fascinated by people's experiences.

It became like a sort of prison. Encased in a silver shell, words so full of bleeding need spilled like drops on dry leaves. And all the while laughter prevailed a long way from here. Nowhere land, nowhere time, nowhere space.

Old 28-03-2014, 07:25 PM   #2765
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

I get intrusive thoughts and hear voices.
My intrusive thoughts are mainly about sex and inappropriate things. I didn't know other people had this so to hear you do it quite reassuring. I've been really struggling with lately and don't know how to deal with it and im embarrassed to tell my team.

Does anyone know how to control this or tell my team?

Thanks for making this post.

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 08:17 PM   #2766
consequential

Hi. tell them you have trouble controlling your thoughts and it isn't your fault. i am trying meds and meditation and mindfulness. It can cause stress alright and it makes me nervous around others cos they think I'm a pervert but the thoughts aren't coming from me. It's hell.

Old 28-03-2014, 08:24 PM   #2767
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

That's exactly how a feel: a pervert.
I work in health care to and sometimes the intrusive thoughts disturbed me there which is really not appropriate.

I already meditate a few times a week but ill try to do it more often.
Which meds help with intrusive thoughts?

The average,
well-adjusted adult

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Old 28-03-2014, 08:27 PM   #2768
consequential

I am on halaperadol and it's not helping much. The invega made me sick, weak and nervous but the thoughts calmed down.Ask your doctor cos everyone is different. Just thought ativan was the only one that stopped them completely.

Last edited by consequential : 28-03-2014 at 08:36 PM.

Old 28-03-2014, 08:36 PM   #2769
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

Thanks i will ask on monday when I see my cc

The average,
well-adjusted adult

Call me Kate.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:03 PM   #2770
tamobhuuta

I am currently:

hello. i'm planning ahead. I might have to go into town by myself tomorrow morning but recently the paranoia when i'm outside alone has been worse. how do you guys cope with feelings of being watched and followed?

Old 01-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #2771
whirlpools

Hello. How are you planning to get there? Maybe you can take quiet (but safe) walking routes or maybe you have a preferred seat on the bus or train? If you are on public transport, a game on your phone or a puzzle might distract you a bit from paranoia. I find hats immensely helpful. I also listen to music or mindfulness downloads on my phone to make me feel more relaxed. It can help to have a safe base in mind in town to retreat to if things get too much so you can ground yourself a bit. It could be a coffee shop, or a friend odd mine used to have a toilet cubicle in her town that she knew was safe and could be containing.

The are practical things but i also find it really euseful to reminds myself that i have felt like this before and people haven't hurt me. And that if it seems like they are staring, they might just be having a bad day or zoning out. I know i stare at people by accident sometimes when i am zoned out.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:45 PM   #2772
tamobhuuta

I am currently:

thanks for all those ideas. there's only really one route into town and it's quite busy but I do have a hat that I can wear. I already listen to my ipod when i'm out which does help me shut things out. once i'm in town I have a safe place I can go, so it's only hard if I have to go shopping. but again, a hat might help that. thanks again.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:38 PM   #2773
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

I sit at the back of the bus so I can see everyone in front of me and see if they are watching me or not. Then I listen to music when I'm in town to distract me from my paranoid thoughts.
Hope your trip goes ok x

The average,
well-adjusted adult

Call me Kate.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:26 AM   #2774
tamobhuuta

I am currently:

I'm going out in a minute. I will be walking. will have my music and will try my hat.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:51 AM   #2775
out_of_here
Chase

I am currently:

Good luck tamobhuuta.

I love beanies and hoodies. They help me a lot. both if i am really struggling.
Depending on my concentration, I either play music (most often( or listen to a podcast on something interesting but not too intense or dense. I too find puzzles distracting on my iPhone.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:08 PM   #2776
tamobhuuta

I am currently:

actually I wore my scarf round my head rather than a hat, easier to hide in. am now home. waiting for my CPN to reply to my text.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:20 PM   #2777
out_of_here
Chase

I am currently:

hey
That works too. How are you feeling at home firstly, and are you anxious about your CPN tectin?

Old 02-04-2014, 02:23 PM   #2778
tamobhuuta

I am currently:

i'm better now i'm home and know I don't have to go out again. I don't know what my CPN will say and the wait is making me anxious. I hope she doesn't forget me.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:21 PM   #2779
tamobhuuta

I am currently:

I invested in a large summery hat this morning, I wore it home and it really helped. I wasn't out alone but I think it will help when I am by myself too.

Old 07-04-2014, 02:04 PM   #2780
LizzieRose
♥ Beloved Lunatic ♫

I am currently:

The voices have changed for me for the past couple years now... It was other's voices... Now, it's mine... But like I'm not thinking those words... Like another me is yelling them at me... Like there's two mes... One is invisible and the other is the real me... Is that weird...? I mean occasionally I still hear Wrath, but it's mainly that other me...

Major Depression | Asperger's Syndrome | Anxiety NOS | Hints of OCD

Close your eyes. Don't you cry. Love's around you. In time, you'll fly. Don't you worry about the dark. I will light up the night with the love in my heart. I will burn like the sun that will keep you safe and warm. Like the smell of a rose on a summer's day, I will be there to take all your fears away. With the touch of my hand, I will turn your life to GOLD!

LizzieRose is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)