Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 10-12-2009, 02:40 PM   #21
Kitkat :)
A thousand mile journey starts with the first step

I am currently:

I have panic attacks and I get anxious about being in front of people, or having people watching me do something. Most of the time I can control it, but I frequently feel my heart thudding as though I'm about to have an attack.
It's really horrible...
I almost had one today. I was bowling and waiting for my turn. I'm suffering from depression so my mood was really down. My mate said "You look like you're on heroin, you look so different from everybody else."
That just made me feel more alone and made me realise that I AM different from everybody else and I just felt like bursting into tears.

Kitkat :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #22
frenchhorn
Oliver

hi Ce and Kitkat
the exam went ok in the end thanks, i sat right my the exit which i think helped a bit. yeah its so embarassing, because people think you have one on purpose, my friend, who i did tell my problems to, but now doesnt want to know, wrote me a letter which said a lot of horrible stuff and said how she had tried to avoid crowds on occassions we had been out, but that i still ended up having a panic attack and that she then had to leave her friends and take me home, which i never made her do, i just dont see how people can think we have one on purpose its so annoying.
i know what you mean thinking it was just you, before i started getting panic attacks i just thought my anxiety around people was just part of me and didnt tell anyone until i started getting panic attacks. have you told your doctor about the anxiety and panic attacks now?
Kitkat, I'm sorry your friend said that, other people just really dont understand, I have severe depression aswell and people often comment and say pull yourself together, its tough.

feel free to PM me anytime if you want to chat.
*hugs*

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or studpidity. The grave will supply plenty of time for silence." Christopher Hitchens

'When words fail, music speaks'

I am transsexual and homoromantic and proud to be.

frenchhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:41 PM   #23
*pixie*

I am currently:

Hello!

I think this is such a good idea for a thread! I have recently been diagnosed with socail phobia but have been suffering from anxiety for years. Its so awful, it seems to rule everything I do. Its nice to know that other people are going through the same things and understand what its like.
Hope your all doing okay!

xXx

*pixie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #24
offlineforever
Left RYL

Does anyone else seem to go through periods of weeks, even months, where they think 'what was i so worried about?' and actually question if you do actually have a problem for you to suddenly rediscover one day that yes you do have a anxiety/panic disorder and it is infact 1000 times worse than you remember?

Left.

offlineforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:03 PM   #25
Breadsticks

I am currently:

I really like this thread. I suffer from GAD (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) which i've had all my life. Because it's constant, i'm almost used to it. But it's not nice.

^^ Naty I agree with you. I go through phases where I can be okay, or less anxious and can't quite believe I got worked up over the smallest of things. Then I go back to getting worked up over the smallest of things!

But if i still believe you love me, maybe i'll survive.
So i tell myself you're coming home, like you've done a million times.
& if it's alright, i'll still be loving you.
'cause i can't break it to my heart.

Breadsticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:20 PM   #26
sunshineinthecity

I am currently:

RhapsodyinBlue and Naty: YES, I feel exactly the same way.
With the GAD becoming a part of your life.
And with looking back and feeling stupid. That's the point when i start hating on myself for daring to go to the doctor's and wasting their time...

This thread makes me feel normal. (For an Anxious person.)
When I tried to explain some of this to my councellor today - mainly the GAD just being me, all my life, never knowing how wrong it was- he said it sounded like I was emotionally undeveloped.
Charming.

sunshineinthecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:28 PM   #27
Breadsticks

I am currently:

ay i hate your doctor!! I've lived with it my whole life, and i thought it was normal, i thought everyone was as stressed out as i was. Well occ health told me i had a disability! I thought that was mean.

I can totally relate exactly to what you've said sunshineinthecity.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #28
offlineforever
Left RYL

i shall hate your dr for u too sunshineinthecity!

and RhapsodyInBlue the actual term for something such as GAD is 'a disabling conditon' because it doesnt always affect you

Last edited by offlineforever : 10-12-2009 at 08:40 PM. Reason: i spelled things wrong :D

Left.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:45 PM   #29
Breadsticks

I am currently:

i hate that phrase!! i do not like having a disabling condition.

Quick question. What experiences have people had with diazepam, or something similar? My doc is reluctant to start me on them because they're so addictive... but do they help? A little? A lot?

Old 10-12-2009, 08:47 PM   #30
offlineforever
Left RYL

mine was keen to start me on drugs, i refused for fear of addiction

I dont like to think of mine as that, but i am related to someone who does DSA Assessments so get told all this random crap

Last edited by offlineforever : 10-12-2009 at 09:13 PM. Reason: misspelled does

Left.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:50 PM   #31
*pixie*

I am currently:

I completely agree with you! Sometimes I think how silly i am for getting so worked up about things which are probably nothing to other people. Then the next day I can't get on the bus or even look at people.

Don't you find though that people who don't have it really don't understand? People will say to me 'whats the big deal' or that i'm overreacting but that just makes me feel even more self concious and sillier! Grr its soo frustrating!

*pixie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:53 PM   #32
Breadsticks

I am currently:

i hate people who think it's "no big deal". i can't help it if i "overreact"!

Old 10-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #33
sunshineinthecity

I am currently:

It's frustrating, but I can forgive them. I know it's irrational. As long as they know that even though it's not a big deal for them, it is for me... It's all I ask. Even though I try not to tell people point blank.

I'm on Citalopram, I don't know if it's similar. It doesn't seem to be doing much.

Just... Does anyone know anyone who suffered from something like GAD, and is now- better? Because, atm, it'd be nice to know it can be done...
That's why I was always scared of taking meds. I'm scared I'll never get better, and be on them for the rest of my life...

Old 10-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #34
Breadsticks

I am currently:

I'm on citalopram too. i've just come down from 60mg to 40mg. Mine is mostly for depression but helps with anxiety. what dose are you on?

i have gad. and i feel i'm mostly in control of it now. my anxiety gets out of control if i don't take my meds properly, or i'm hungover. now i just find that i'm normal anxious all the time. does that make sense?

Old 11-12-2009, 11:21 AM   #35
CeNedraLivesOn

I'm on Citalopram too, mainly for depression but the anti-anxiety effects help alittle. I'm about to increase that dose and add something else too as the anxiety is particularly bad at the moment.
I can also comment on the benzodiazapines's (like dizapam) - yes they work but they are addictive and should be a last resort in a GAD which is on going, not a short term problem (at least that what my pdoc said!). But if nothing else works sometimes a low dose of one is necessary, and you often end up on it for a very long time.
sunshineinthecity I can tell you that it does get better and I do know people for whom the anxiety is a thing of the past, sometimes it returns, but it goes again. Hang in there. As for meds guess I've made my peace about just staying on them, for the forseeable future anyway!
Ce.

CeNedraLivesOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #36
sunshineinthecity

I am currently:

Dose of 20mg - after a month, I'm still not feeling a change, but they're reluctant to move me up, understandably.

Thanks... That does make me feel a little better... Rhapsody, do you mean that it's still always there, but you can control it?

I was thinking today about someone being told it was a disabling condition- I think I prefer that label to a MH Problem. Which is stupid. Labels are stupid. But a 'conditon' I can live with easier. With an 'illness' I start to hate myself for not getting 'better.' Hm. Stupid little things...

Hope everyone's okay... 2 weeks til Christmas! x

Old 11-12-2009, 07:48 PM   #37
frenchhorn
Oliver

i was on diazapam for anxiety, but i came off it after a few weeks as it was making me so sleepy i couldnt stay awake during the day and my doctor said i couldnt go on other meds for anxiety because off my asthma, I was on citalopram, but that was for depression, but that didnt do anything so came off that too. so i'm not on any medication for anxiety at the moment, my current doctor is more worried about my depression at the moment so is not talking to me about my anxiety much.

I'm having one of those days where i just keep geting anxious and my heart keeps racing for no reason, I'm just sat in my room, everything just seems to be making me anxious, might mention it to my doctor on monday.
*hugs everyone*

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or studpidity. The grave will supply plenty of time for silence." Christopher Hitchens

Old 11-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #38
offlineforever
Left RYL

Ok, random question... how often do people have to go in and see their doctors? do you all have to go in much?

Left.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:18 PM   #39
sunshineinthecity

I am currently:

GP - Once a month, unless I feel worse.
Councellor - Once a week.
CBT Bloke - Once a week.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:28 PM   #40
frenchhorn
Oliver

i see my doctor either, once a week or once every 2 weeks at the moment, she just says how long to wait to book an appointment, i think it depends on how bad I am, not sure it just depends.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)