RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 10-07-2014, 10:33 AM   #1
Albus Dumbledore
Ella

I am currently:
Contains illicit drugs - "legal" highs

So, I found this drug called diclazepam on the internet and ordered some having had no luck with either my GP or the CMHT with regards to getting some sort of prn for when my anxiety is really bad. Apparently it has effects similar to diazepam.
It arrived yesterday and I feel like I could really do with something today as my anxiety is seriously bad.
Before I take it, I'm just wondering if anyone has tried it before and whether they found it has an anxiolytic effect?

Really sorry if I've broken the rules. Obviously I'm not asking anyone to advocate taking it as you guys can only say no. I think I was just looking to find out what it feels like and specifically whether it is any good at reducing anxiety. I have an appointment with my psychiatrist and care coordinator on tuesday so I will try hard to get the psych to prescribe me a prn. Just bought these in the hope of having something to keep me going until then.

Albus Dumbledore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #2
raspberry_swirl

It's an analogue of diazepam (very similar). Just be careful because the doses are nowhere near the same. I'm not willing to say because I don't want to be responsible, give out inaccurate information and I never finished my pharmacy degree, but DO NOT take the same amount as you'd take with diazepam.

Please be careful with benzodiazepines. They're so addictive. When I was IP (for anorexia, not anything to do with anxiety) I was put on diazepam for about 3 months (which probably shouldn't have happened, but anyway) and I actually credit that with starting off my cravings for alcohol again. It was a nightmare to come off it even in a controlled setting with a taper. If I'd had to do that outside of a hospital setting I'm not sure how I could've done it.

Also, when you're coming off them you have an increased risk of seizures and a host of other problems. Just be careful. They're so hard to get off of and incredibly addictive.

I hope that helps (!)

raspberry_swirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #3
Albus Dumbledore
Ella

I am currently:

Thanks for the help. They come in tablets so I'll just take one. I'm hoping they'll just get me through the next few days and then I'll see my psychiatrist and get them to sort out something.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #4
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Just be careful with meds ordered over the internet. You can never be sure exactly what they are and what's in them.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:47 PM   #5
Albus Dumbledore
Ella

I am currently:

Thanks for the advice guys, they didn't really do much to be honest and they're all gone now. Won't be getting them again.

Old 14-07-2014, 07:52 PM   #6
flapjack

I am currently:

Try asking your Dr about lyrica,(pregabalin) it is used to treat GAD. It is very good for anxiety. It is a drug used for epilepsy and neuropathic pain originally and has the same effect as benzos, without the addictiveness. I am on it and find it the best drug out of the many I am on. X

flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 09:39 AM   #7
Albus Dumbledore
Ella

I am currently:

I'm already on pregabalin, but thanks for the reply

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)