Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-01-2008, 06:58 PM   #1
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:
whats wrong?

Why do i feel worse after every appointment with my therapist?She is really nice and helps me, but after every appointment i feel worse than before going.Is there something wrong with me?

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

*..life in pain..* is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 07-01-2008, 07:11 PM   #2
chocoholic

I am currently:

No there is nothing wrong with you. It is very normal to feel worse after. When you have therapy you are talking about your feelings and digging deep into yourself. It brings things into the open and its like opening a can of worms. The therapy will help in the long run but I think it makes you feel worse before you feel the benefits.
Continue with it and I hope you begin to feel better for it soon.
Love Allison.xxx

Stop the world and let me off.

chocoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #3
Misunderstood.
struggling

I am currently:

Lots of ppl feel worse after appts with their therapist, i'm not sure why it is though..

Catherine xxxx

The most profound things are inexpressible.

Misunderstood. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #4
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

thnx.im glad im not weird!

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

Old 07-01-2008, 11:01 PM   #5
Ileana
Amarantos Everlasting

I am currently:

That is completely normal. You should ask your therapist, she'll tell you the same. Like someone said already, therapy takes you to rough places. Memories, digging into yourself, your personality, things you do and even worse; how you feel about things (including yourself) so it's normal and understandable that after a session you'd feel bad...or strange...because you've just done all this I mentioned above and it leaves you feeling vulnerable, exposed, scared even, nervous...and possibly dweling on the past so this feelings are normal. I guess they diminish when you get used to it...to digging inside yourself and are comfortable with what's dugged up...but don't worry.

"...that incremental suicide of turning your life into a dream, to make being awake as similar to sleep as possible. Drowsily, lazily, dry-mouth your way through the day's ceremonies, fumble your way back into the dew-bather you never really left, draped in brown, brown now all around, the haze!" - Russell Brand on drug addiction.

"Si ma êkh gûndo piyiamásko...ándo bírto barruno. Bírto, bírto barruno."

Ileana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:01 PM   #6
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

As the others have said it is reasonably normal but you should raise this with your therapist so she can try and end things on a positive note.

I used to try and do something after my appts. so that if I was feeling worse I had something to occupy me that I enjoyed and by the time I got home I was safe and ready to face the world again. Maybe you could try something similar.

xoxox

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:40 PM   #7
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

thanks!!after every appointment i try to go out with friends, but it doesn't happen every time.when i don't go out, i feel worse!but thanks for making me realise that im not crazy!

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 08-01-2008, 07:47 PM   #8
confuzzled
C h l o e

I am currently:

What do you like to do when you're not with your friends. Are there certain films you like to watch? Games you like to play? Etc?
Maybe if you find something that you can do when your friends arn't available, it will give you something to perk you up after therapy =)

Chloe. xx

confuzzled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:12 PM   #9
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

Well if im home, my parents tell me to study for school which is frustrating and i try to avoid it, thats why i try not to be home so often.

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Old 08-01-2008, 11:52 PM   #10
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar

I am currently:

most of the time you are keeping most of your emotions supressed, bottled up deep down inside. the therapist forces you to bring these feelings to the surafe and deal them. the reason you feel terrible is because those emotions haven't been suppressed again just yet.
perfectly normal, nothing wrong with you.

Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011

Feel_Good_inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:18 AM   #11
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

nothing wrong with u.
listen to what the others have siad.
this is a common feeling . theraoy is quite strssful
sorry this is al the advice i ahve but take care x

Some days are still hard but they make the good days seem all the better :)

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #12
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

thanks you guys.you make me feel a lot better!

My RYL family:

pm me anytime

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)