Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 09-11-2020, 12:19 AM   #21
Auror.
Aurors for the win.

I want to try again but I am also aware that this week is likely going to be bad too. :/

Go Lana! Proud of you!

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:55 AM   #22
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbreakable. View Post
Jenna, you can update anytime.
Normally I'd say the week starts with Monday, but at my old job Thursday was the start of the week, it's all just random and you pick whatever day suits you best.

My weekly goals are going medium well.
I have porridge so that's not bread.
The coffee situation should be improving once I pick up my mail.

Current goals:

1) I'll keep the coffee goal for now
2) work on my presentation for uni a little bit every day
<3
Well done Lana. This week's goals sound good :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror. View Post
I want to try again but I am also aware that this week is likely going to be bad too. :/

Go Lana! Proud of you!
I guess we have to keep trying even through the bad? Else we won't ever learn to cope with the bad. I'm sorry you're struggling <3
Maybe this week's goals could be really gentle? Even just one goal, like stretching or a hot drink you enjoy before bed?

My goals went OK. I did not stick to them every day but I mostly managed to start making them into routine. I'm keeping them for this week, with minor adjustments:

1) Continue evening meal, at the same or a similar time every day
2) Take both morning and night medication at the same time each day

'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

Elmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 12:47 PM   #23
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Goals for this week:
- brush teeth morning and night, not just once
- take day and night medication at the same time each day

The Worst Witch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 10:58 PM   #24
Unbreakable.
Lana.

I am currently:

How are people getting on? :)

:skull emoji:

"... but me? Me? I am a thousand years old, you can't kill me!"

Unbreakable. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2020, 12:53 PM   #25
Iamcatbug
Cat

I am currently:

Quote:
How are people getting on? :)
Just about finished my essay. But failing at everything else I planned 😂

Iamcatbug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 01:24 AM   #26
Unbreakable.
Lana.

I am currently:

But even one thing is super good :)

I am not doing well with goals, it's ridiculous.
Got a bit better with drinking coffee to replace energy drinks and I guess I at least slightly reduced it that way.

My next goals are to avoid catching up on news in general, but especially pandemic related news at like 4 am when I am in bed pretending I might actually fall asleep.
And then I want to slowly increase how much time I spend on uni because it's all workshops and tutorials now and I need to focus and stay on top of things so I can do well in my end of term assignments.

Old 15-11-2020, 03:53 AM   #27
Auror.
Aurors for the win.

My only goal for now is in theory survival which... seems ridiculous and not useful.

Uni work is really hard to focus on. Well done on slightly reduced energy drinks Lana!

Did you get your essay done Cat?

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

Old 15-11-2020, 05:51 PM   #28
Iamcatbug
Cat

I am currently:

I handed it in three days early Camden, its due tomorrow but I submitted it Friday.

My goals this week.

1- sort out sleeping pattern.
2- eat sensibly
3- sort out work/uni/volunteer balance

Old 15-11-2020, 07:38 PM   #29
Auror.
Aurors for the win.

Good job Cat!!!

I will say re your goals, those all sound good but also pretty vague. Is there any way to break them down at all that way maybe you can figure out easy ways to make progress?

Old 15-11-2020, 07:42 PM   #30
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant.

I am currently:

That's a big achievement Lana, you're going through a lot and managing that change must have been really hard so I hope you've found a little bit of pride!

Survival is important Auror, I'm sorry things are so tough.

Well done Cat!

I managed my goals this week, with an obscene amount of support :P

My goals for next week are:
1) Get up and shower every morning because it makes me feel better and I'm more likely to start the day well than if I put it off till the evening.
2) Breakfast.
3) Continue original goals, of course.

'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

Elmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 10:40 PM   #31
Unbreakable.
Lana.

I am currently:

You're too kind, Lio <3
And I am incredibly proud of you and how hard you are working to get better.
*showers you in hero glitter*

Cat, if you're finding your goals overwhelming I second Camden re breaking them down into smaller steps.

Camden- I think surviving is an excellent goal. Sometimes it is all we can do.

Old 16-11-2020, 01:55 AM   #32
Auror.
Aurors for the win.

Those sound like really good goals too Elmer. I always feel better when I shower. I don't know if this is an option, but I always put out breakfast things before we go to bed to make it really easy in the morning.

*throws some glitter around to cheer everyone on*

Old 19-11-2020, 01:47 PM   #33
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyogirl View Post
I'm gonna hold another gamathon on fallout 76 anyone welcome. Ex friends from school or as diets not invited
Itís mainly for mental health I need that break from university and something else to do fallout76 it is.. thatís something I am slowing picking up after having another period of low mood.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2020, 01:49 PM   #34
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Anyway I have realistically started working out assignments and I am working on a few at the moment and seeing how it all progresses. I just wish there was more time in the week and that I am not too tired..

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2020, 12:56 AM   #35
Iamcatbug
Cat

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror. View Post
Good job Cat!!!

I will say re your goals, those all sound good but also pretty vague. Is there any way to break them down at all that way maybe you can figure out easy ways to make progress?
Quote:

Cat, if you're finding your goals overwhelming I second Camden re breaking them down into smaller steps.
Hello. I know they are vague here, but I actually had cunning plans for my goals already in place. Mainly because they are things I keep trying and failing to improve on. Iím doing baby steps with them this week.

1- sleeping pattern. Iím aiming for 6 hours sleep instead of 4 hours sleep a night as I have a habit of YouTube into the late hours. So all technology goes off at midnight no matter how awake I am. Iím getting between 4-6 hours sleep so itís working.

2- eat sensibly is basically making sure I eat on lunch breaks at work because I struggle to do so. Donít want to go into too much detail with this one as Iím not 100% on the rules around food here, but it is sort of working.

3- by this I meant copying up lecture/seminar/workshop notes from the last month and Iíve done all lectures and seminars (only like 3 of each) and halfway through the workshop stuff so making good progress.

How is everyone else doing?

Old 20-11-2020, 04:47 AM   #36
Auror.
Aurors for the win.

Oh good!! Sounds like you are definitely succeeding Cat!

I can say I still exist so idk if that counts for anything.

Old 20-11-2020, 06:42 AM   #37
Unbreakable.
Lana.

I am currently:

Well done, Cat :)
That sounds excellent.

That totally counts, Camden, goal achieved!

I'm not doing super good so my goal has been reduced to being a minimum of functional and continuing to socialize (mostly via video chat) even when I don't feel like it because I think that's the only thing keeping me from giving up on that completely.

Old 20-11-2020, 03:54 PM   #38
Auror.
Aurors for the win.

Lana, that's okay if that's what you need to do. Well done for not giving up.

Old 20-11-2020, 10:31 PM   #39
glitterfairy

Just just recently I thought I needed to brush my teeth more. I now do it nearly every night. I know it's not the recommended amount but it's a vast improvement.

I would like to do more self care i work as a body shop consultant and dont use the stuff I get given hardly lol.

Just generally take some time out for me.

Call me L :)

glitterfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 08:55 AM   #40
nonperson

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonperson View Post
My little goal for this week is trying to keep the kitchen tidy and the washing up done regularly.

So I'm nearly 3 weeks on after setting myself this goal without much progress made, whoops. However this week I've been trying to chip away at it a few evenings, instead of leaving it all to the weekend, so things are still a mess but not in that regular desperate state of having no clean cutlery or plates or worktop space. Not much of an achievement really but it's at least a tiny bit better than it has been. Plus knowing I posted it here has been in the back of my mind and either making me feel guilty when I haven't done anything or a little proud when I have.

Glitterfairy, I understand the teeth brushing routine being hard too. Very well done. Keep it up! =)

Well done everyone else too for all the achievements no matter how seemingly small.

nonperson is online now   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)