RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-09-2017, 12:36 AM   #1
LRgrad15

When friend offers favors to others and then secretly gets annoyed

I have a casual friend who offers favors, mostly rides or just money in general to others, when she really doesn't want to and gets annoyed about it. I've always wondered why some people, including her, do that. Like, if you don't like giving people offers, then don't do it. I told her that and she agreed but she still continues. I just don't know why people make offers when they are secretly not wanting to do it. It can be either we have plans to go out as a group somewhere or even just one-on-one and she will automatically offer a ride or something. Then after the event, or even before the event in private, she will complain about having to do things for others. I told her she shouldn't offer favors if she doesn't want to but she doesn't listen.

I've wondered why some people offer favors and then get annoyed afterwards. It should be either you are okay with offering favors, as long as it is not too often in a short period of time, or not at all. That is how I am. I only offer favors a little bit in order to prevent being used, and only when I actually want to. I never offer favors when I don't want to. I feel like some people, including my friend, makes themselves miserable by offering favors they secretly do not want to do. Anyone know why this is? Should I tell her to stop offering again if she doesn't want to? Just curious. I know I already said something in the past but I still don't get why she feels the need to make offers she doesn't want to make and then gets mad about it.

Old 13-09-2017, 07:02 PM   #2
Cpt_Stunning

I am currently:

This does sound strange, with you're previous post I think you answered your own question, yes people do put others down to make themselves look better.

I've known the opposite in people, where they bother people for favours, & continue to do it, then don't feel bad when they make no effort to repay favours.

I think therefore I ambient.

Cpt_Stunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 02:50 AM   #3
LRgrad15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Stunning View Post
This does sound strange, with you're previous post I think you answered your own question, yes people do put others down to make themselves look better.

I've known the opposite in people, where they bother people for favours, & continue to do it, then don't feel bad when they make no effort to repay favours.
Oh yes I've known people like that too. I've had people try to use me but I don't let it happen. Also I always offer some form of repayment any time I do accept an offer in order to avoid resentment.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)