RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2007, 03:41 PM   #1
smile

Depression/CBT

I really dont know what I am doing anymore. I have had about 14 sessions of cbt for OCD,Social Anxiety and Depression. I dont think I have got anywhere and have 6 sessions left.

I have also been seeing an OT for the past year, but for the last week I have felt so down that I dont see the point in seeing these people anymore. I just dont think they can help me.

I do nothing with my days, I usually leave my house and get back before 10 in the morning, then I am in for the rest of the day. I dont watch tv and only read the newspaper. If I dont go back to bed to sleep I end up binge eating, which only makes me more depressed.

I find it very hard to talk to friends and have started questioning whether I really like them anymore. I have 3 friends that I have known for the past 9 years. Last time I see 2 of them was a year ago and the other was 3 years ago. Since leaving college 4 years ago I have only worked 4 months.

I really dont see a point in life and am doubting anything is going to help. I need something long term, but it seems there is nothing on the nhs that does that.

I am at a loss as to what to do.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #2
slipping up again

I am currently:

I can understand how frustrated you must be, but please dont give up. It takes a long time and a lot of hard work on your part to get better. Have you talked to your counsellor about how you are feeling?

It's also important to try to have some structure to your day, even if you're not working. Try to plan different things and maybe arrange to meet up with different people.

Are you taking any meds at the moment? I have found that therapy combined with meds works very well.

Take care Xx

Last edited by slipping up again : 04-07-2007 at 03:13 PM.

Today I'll try to become more aware of alternatives that I haven't yet realised.
Although I have no control over other people's reactions or thoughts, I can change the way I react.

slipping up again is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)