RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 19-06-2007, 11:08 PM   #1
ButterflyKisses

I am currently:
Exam stress and lack of SI =...

Turned to smoking regularly, and now ordered my weed in too.
kinda going right back to the beginning again, thought i'd moved passed that.

Plus I started really watching my alcohol intake over the past few months cos I kept getting out of control and getting too depressed on it and ODing sumtimes.
So I stopped getting really drunk, but now I just don't give a ****, just wanna destroy myself with them.

I think it's cos I havent selfharmed in 2 months, I need to abuse myself in sum other way, plus obviously need to relieve stress.

I guess I just wanna know have other people become more reckless with substances etc.. with exam stress.

I've said to myself I'll stop smoking after exams and not get too into weed, but I cant be sure I will.

ButterflyKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 19-06-2007, 11:43 PM   #2
k8d
lost in a lonely world

I am currently:
control?

Do you want to feel control over the smoking/drinking situation, like you want to have control over your exam results? maybe it's a control issue...?? or does this sound way out there?

when you stopped before, did it only flare up again with stress?

tell me to butt out if this sounds nosey!

k8d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007, 12:15 PM   #3
ButterflyKisses

I am currently:

yeh, no that makes a lot of sense actually.
thanks for the reply.

I think i'll probably be ok after exams. just need all the help i can get right now with stress and stuff.

ButterflyKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2007, 03:02 AM   #4
Only inhuman
Drunk on shadows

I am currently:

Iv just finished my exams(thank god) and i was in the same situation.
Getting stoned, drinking and smoking wayyy to much...but not self harming that was kind of weird. but yeah, understand were your coming from. it feels good letting the stress out knowing your causing yourself harm...but yeah, now im done with exams im alot happyer, and iv stopped everything and cut down on smoking. do you think you will do the same thing?

XxXxX

Only inhuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 02:11 PM   #5
y a s m i n
looking for somewher to stay

I am currently:

hey
i dont have much advice at the moment but im in a similar position...doing my A levels at the moment and ive been smoking alot alot more lately and im going back to weed too...its hard coping sometimes...hopefully wen my exams finish i will be in a stronger position to cut down....ur not alone hun..

take care of yourself
yasmin
xx

x

y a s m i n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 07:42 AM   #6
Alcohol Induced Altruism
Cheap Beauty

I am currently:

I think a lot of people do 'exchange' between different methods of abusing their body when they're stressed, or when they can't for one reason use the method of hurting themselves they normally would.

I know I do constantly, my only advice would be what I do with myself and that's in the short term, try to do whatever damages you the least or will distract you the least to get through your exams. Now I'm not telling you to hurt yourself, far from it, but if it's an 'either-or' situation I've always found it best to be practical about it.

After your exams though it might be worth seeing someone about what's going on (if you aren't already) because I've personally always found once you get into a habit of exchanging one destructive habit for another it's hard to stop - because there isn't just one thing to stop.

You might want to look into healthier ways of dealing with stress, depending on what you like, like art or writing, sports, running, relaxing baths or simply talking to a friend about it. Exams are stressful for everyone (or the majority of people at the very least) you could always ask some friends about how they deal with exams, and what they find helps them.

Good luck with your exams, and I hope it all works out for you :)

Hunger only for a taste of justice, hunger only for a world of truth, for all that you have is your soul.
I love BarrelO'Crazy

Alcohol Induced Altruism is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)