RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 12-02-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
Daydream
Collect memories not scars

I am currently:
Youth Workers?

What exactly do youth workers do? Recently I have been to an LGBT group with youth workers who run it. There's one thing they do. What else? What can they help with? Are you allowed to talk to them about MH issues? Confusingggggg.

xxxx

Daydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:36 PM   #2
riley.

you can , although depending on what the issue is and your age, they may need to share the info you give them. they have the same rules on confidentiality as schools. If they believe you're in danger its their duty to inform people. Other than that, ye- well depending if you have that amount of time. the majority of YW's are happy to help.

riley. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 02:53 AM   #3
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver View Post
you can , although depending on what the issue is and your age, they may need to share the info you give them. they have the same rules on confidentiality as schools. If they believe you're in danger its their duty to inform people. Other than that, ye- well depending if you have that amount of time. the majority of YW's are happy to help.
this!

Also, some youth workers may refer you onto someone else if they don't think they'll be able to help. :) My advice is to talk to them and see how it goes! We're awesome *is a youth worker* :P

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

- Dr. Seuss

Casper_Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #4
MrsNutkin

I am currently:

Youth workers are there to give support, advice and guidance. Their work can be varied.

MrsNutkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 01:36 PM   #5
_Mariana_

I am currently:

i went to a youth club whilst i was living at home for almost 4 years. got to know the wrkers quite well and ended up helping out some times, even on trips and stuff. was great!

from my limited experience, its fine to talk about MH issues. in fact, anything really. its probably nothing they haven't heard before and the atmosphere will likely be a lot more relaxed then talking to a doctor etc (although not as a substitute for seeing a doctor). they may even have handy helpful info leaflets and things to help, or at least know where you can get more help if you need it.

i seem to remember our workers worked in a lot of different centres doing lots of different things...but yeah, id say if you get along with them, try talking if you want and its an appropriate time etc. xxx

_Mariana_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)