RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-09-2007, 09:43 AM   #1
Artyom

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - i dont find it fair

i just started SIing again on my arms after about 6 months of not doing it.
and my girlfriend keeps asking about it, why i feel like i need to do it, and she wants me to let her know when i do and not try and hide it.
even though we've known each other for like 4 years and we love each other dearly, she expects that that means that it shouldnt be uncomfortable for me to talk about, especially in person.
i keep saying, i dont feel comfortable talking about, even with friends that SI too.
she gets upset about it, and it pisses me off, i just dont find it fair. i want to be able to just do it and not have to explain myself. this has basically just turned into a rant. please excuse me.

Last edited by Artyom : 24-09-2007 at 09:44 AM. Reason: typo
Artyom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 12:21 PM   #2
Angel_Girl
Polar Bear - you people are melting MY ICE!

I am currently:

I feel the same, if that helps. I don't cut anymore (or at least I'm SUPPOSED to be in recovery for almost 4 years) and I gave up cutting for my bf. And now it feels so unfair cause he once gave an ultimatum to chose between him and SI and I chose him. I don't regret it but it's not fair, this should be my choice and I should feel free to do it whenever I wanted.
Try talking to her, that's all I can say.

God made sure we'd meet.

Angel_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 08:18 PM   #3
cutupangel09
ANGEL

I am currently:

Ultamatiums never help and quitting for someone elses sake doesn't last because in all reality if they leave you won't have the incintive to stop. Your girlfriend shouldn't get mad over you not feeling comfortable to talk about that isn't the easiest thing to do not matter how long you've gone with out cutting. Good Luck.

The Thing We Fear Most, Is What We Want Most

I Will Learn To Fly High Above This World

cutupangel09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 11:15 PM   #4
Artyom

I am currently:

thanks alot you all.
i would try talking to her about it, but shes just difficult to talk, especially about something like this. but i'll try and find a way to get it across to her that its just something that i do, and that i dont want to be forced to show it/talk about it if i dont want to. cause she was over the other night and was like, show me or else im going home. thats just a bitch move.

Artyom is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)