RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-09-2007, 03:26 AM   #1
cutupangel09
ANGEL

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - Disfigure Myself...

I hate these type urges. They've started coming back again. I want to cut my face up or I want to disfigure anything sexual on my body. I hate it. I know I won't do it probably. I just don't know how to deal with it. No one seems to for that matter. I just get a lot of telling me not to than trying to tell me how not to feel this way. Any advice/support would be much appreciated at this point definitly. I feel like I'm running on empty at this point. Thankx.

The Thing We Fear Most, Is What We Want Most

I Will Learn To Fly High Above This World

cutupangel09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2007, 08:49 AM   #2
Puppet Strings
commonplace.

Hey,
All I can suggest right now are distractions, and talking to people about this as much as possible. Try to take your mind off of this, because listening to these urges and acting upon them is not wise, not for now or the future.
Do you know if anything has triggered these urges? Have you anyone you can talk to about this, and these feelings & urges? Remember that RYL hosts a live help service which you can use at any point - providing it's online - and also hosts an e-mail service, if you don't want to use live help or if it happens to be offline. Furthermore, there are plenty of helplines out there to help people, with someone always at the other end waiting to listen to you & to try to help you.
Try to keep yourself strong, and positive. You can fight these urges, trust me.
Take care, x

I see it in your eyes
You'll be alright

:heart:

Puppet Strings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
A.wasmyfirstlove

I am currently:

Omg babe, Im so sorry. I Wish I could have been there for you whe you were cutting and when you felt like cutting. I wish you werent this way, I wish you could be happy... I cant say be happy because it just doesnt work that way, and I know. HEHE.. Im so sorry you have these feelings... If you have them today, just call me, or just write me on here.. I work tonight 5-9.....Ill send you my number in PM.

Love ya kyra
Im here
stay strong

The difficulties and struggles of today are
but the price we must pay for the accomplishments
and victories of tomorrow

A.wasmyfirstlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 07:01 PM   #4
.ghost.

I am currently:

I can't add much to what Rach said about distractions. Distractions are most often the best way to deal with all urges, and you should find that once you're used to ditracting yourself when you get urges, you start to get less urges.

I get urges to cut my face up sometimes, and I know in my case it's because I'm ugly, I look it and feel it so the way I see it, I might as well ruin my face even more, but if you take time to think about it, do you really want to disfigure your face? Even if it made you feel better for a bit, you would have to live with the effects which would be extremely distressing. If it's a similar feeling that makes you want to disfigure yourself, it might help to look into some things about improving self esteem.

Take care, you can fight these urges.

Help, I'm alive
My heart keeps beating
Like a hammer

.ghost. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)