RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 01-04-2020, 10:18 PM   #1
sophie.ashworth

I am currently:
:-(

I’ve fully relapsed into bulimia, part of me wants to tell someone and get help, the other part of me is terrified of that
Is this what my life has come to? Is this my life now? Will I never be free?
I’m scared

Help me live not just survive.

sophie.ashworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 06:42 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

It's not quite telling someone 'in real life' yet, but you've admitted it here and that is a start so well done for taking that first step.

This doesn't have to be your life forever, not if you don't want it to be. Do you know what's triggered this relapse into bulimia? What has helped you in the past to get out of it?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2020, 05:38 PM   #3
sophie.ashworth

I am currently:

At the moment a lot of my ed revolves around control with corona meaning I’m b/ping most days and gaining weight
I don’t know how to get myself out of this funk

Help me live not just survive.

sophie.ashworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2020, 08:28 PM   #4
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

The coronavirus is enough to send the best of us back to our old coping mechanisms I think! As I'm sure you know, EDs aren't real control though.

Perhaps you could choose the weakest link in the BP chain and intervene there. I think this point is often the moments before binging and so perhaps you could reduce access to your typical binge food, for example by not buying those particular foods or by only having them in the house in small quantities. Maybe you could store food in portions and if 'in the moment' you want to have more than one portion you could make it a rule that you have to do xyz distraction after the first portion. This gives you a chance to decide whether the second portion is something that you're going to enjoy in a healthy manner or if it's going to be the first step in a b/p episode.

Is any of that relevant for you or is there a different point in the cycle where you think it could be interrupted?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)