RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 11-06-2007, 07:05 PM   #1
Dressed_in_Decay

I am currently:
party

So I was invited to a party for the 4th of July and I know there will be drinking and drugs...my parents don't care if I go and I don't know if I should go. I want to go but I wouldn't be able to say no to the drugs or alcohol. I've only been clean for several months, should I go? what should I do if I'm tempted? i really want to go..but I shouldn't...argh!

Before the eyes the beauty is wasting away
Reflections praise, she's dressed in decay
You see the struggle flood the skin
From promises to paper-thin
She turns a blind eye, will of stone
From stunning smile, to flesh and bone

Dressed_in_Decay is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 11-06-2007, 07:43 PM   #2
pixie*lyssie
Lyssie =) xx

I am currently:

Try and make the decision that YOU know is right and the sensible thing to do. You dont know because the temptation may get too much to handle. I hope you'll be okay.

Someday I'll wish upon a star
and wake up
where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
away above the chimney tops
that's where you'll find me
http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1002&dateline=1227381  259

pixie*lyssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:01 PM   #3
Lewis The Second

Depends on your history with substance use. Are you trying not to drink or take drugs at all? If so, if you've not been clean for long, it might not be a good idea... Depends though.

Lewis The Second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:33 PM   #4
libbie18

I am currently:

If you know you're gonna get drunk and high, don't go. I know it's ultimately up to you in the end, but you asked us for our opinions, and if the temptation is so strong that you know beforehand that you're going to cave in, I would highly recommend not going.
"Only" several months? That's a big accomplishment! Keep it up and try not to put yourself in a situation where you'll be prone to using again. I know it sounds fun and all your friends and whatnot will probably be there, but is one night of partying really worth forfeiting months of hard-earned sobriety?

So long ago, was it in a dream, was it just a dream?
I know, yes I know
Seemed so very real, it seemed so real to me
Took a walk down the street
Through the heat whispered trees
I thought I could hear
Somebody call out my name as it started to rain
Two spirits dancing so strange
Ah! böwakawa poussé, poussé --John Lennon

libbie18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:59 AM   #5
OneLonelyTree

I am currently:

from what your saying i have to be honest when i say i dont think its good idea to go. especially if your trying to stay clean and sober. party's can make temptation worse because everyone around you is doing it(or at least it seems that way) i'm not sober yet really but i know if i was and i went to a party like that i would fall off the bandwagon because its hard to just say no sometimes...hope you mkae the choise that right for you!!

Izzy

OneLonelyTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 04:00 AM   #6
cocainecalls
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

your basically asking yourself i f you should mess up or not. im not sure if the party happened already but regardless. as an addict myself, i would reccomend not going because once your already out there, your strength against for temptation gets very weaker. and its also a sign if you have to ask yourself whether or not you should go.

hope i am of some help

cocainecalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 10:03 AM   #7
phoenix
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

if u dnt feel strong enough to say no then please dont go.

its not worth relapsing just for one party, you have done really well staying clean for the period you have.

phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2007, 10:41 PM   #8
Shadow Z
eh

I am currently:

People can mess up a lot at parties with, and if you know there will be drugs or alcohol around, I really think it's a bad idea to go. But if you do decide to go, maybe let people going there who you know know that you're recovering and working hard at staying away from the stuff.

But those several months you should be proud about. Hope all goes well.

Shadow Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2007, 11:08 PM   #9
purexcocaine

I am currently:

Honestly I'd say don't go. I always go to parties and think I'm not going to drink, but because it's all around it just gets easier to do. It's also ****, being the only sober one helping all the drunks.
I'd say don't go, although I know you'll feel like you're missing out a lot if you don't.

Continue on your recovery. I mean I'd say in a point in recovery for drink is that, you can allow yourself little bits, but just not become dependent on it, because you know how people just use it to lighten to mood etc. Drugs, yeah you should stay clean. They really screw you up.

Bottom like make your own decision. :)

<33

I want to be unsexed
and so empty-
that I can never feel again

purexcocaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2007, 01:11 AM   #10
Lewis The Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by purexcocaine View Post
I mean I'd say in a point in recovery for drink is that, you can allow yourself little bits, but just not become dependent on it, because you know how people just use it to lighten to mood etc. Drugs, yeah you should stay clean. They really screw you up.
Careful with the distinction. Alcohol is a drug too, remember, and one with a lot more damage potential than a lot of illegal substances...

Lewis The Second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2007, 04:26 AM   #11
Shadow Z
eh

I am currently:

^^^ true. If we didn't share such a fond history with alcohol, it would likely be as illegal as coke or mushrooms. A little drink might be ok if you think you can handle it, anyway be careful please.

Shadow Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 10:24 AM   #12
The Midnight Crazies
100% Honesty

I am currently:

It's up to you but it always helps me to have a good plan set up when I know I'll be triggered. I go by DEADS - Delay, Escape, Avoid, Distract and Substitute. ;)

Marte

The Midnight Crazies is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)