RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2017, 09:47 PM   #1
Aubergine
You've got this.

I am currently:
Unsettled.

I've had a difficult day. It's not been a bad day, but it has been tiring and I didn't sleep much last night because I was worrying about it.

I had an appointment with the psychiatrist this morning. It was a follow up appointment after an emergency appointment that I had a couple of months ago. I can't really remember much of the emergency appointment. I asked my care coordinator about it and she said that it was clear I was in crisis etc, so I felt embarrassed and really didn't want to face him.

The appointment went OK. It was fairly positive. I have to get a blood test though because I'm lactating quite badly so we think that my prolactin levels are probably high because of the amisulpride I started when I had the previous appointment. I am really worried that my prolactin levels will be too high and that I'll have to change medications. I really, really don't want to. I can actually get up in the morning and I've been able to stop taking the procyclidine that I had to take when I was on Clopixol. I know they can add a small dose of aripiprazole to help lower prolactin, but I had such a bad reaction the that in the past.

I also saw two of my previous care coordinators in the waiting room, as the psychiatrist was running a bit late and we were early so we were in there for a while. They both took time to talk to me, which was really nice, but it was hard seeing them.

They both said that I look really well and one of them shook my hand and said that I was really lovely to see me like I am. They both asked if I was still working. When I wold them I'd been in my current job for a few years, they both seemed surprised and said that was great etc. It just made me feel weird. Them saying it's lovely to see me looking so well made me think of what a wreck I've been like in the past. Them seeming surprised about work has made me feel like I appear like I'm not capable, you know?

One of the people I saw was my care coordinator from Early Intervention going back a good few years and he has seen me in some awful states and had me sectioned more than once. It just brings back awful memories and makes me feel ashamed and sick and horrible. I know they were well meaning, and in some ways it was great to see them and have a quick catch up and be able to tell them that things are going well, but it's left me feeling really unsettled and uncomfortable.

I have taken my medication and I'm sat in my bed with my electric blanket on. I have made myself a cup of cocoa and I'm watching the Big Bang Theory on Netflix. I know I'm partly feeling like this because I'm tired, so I'm hoping for an early night. I'm sorry to post. I'm not really sure what I'm expecting. Acknowledgement that it's been a difficult day, I guess. A hug? I'm going to try and not delete this one. I know I'm a nightmare for that.

“Our defeats are softened and our victories are sweetened because we did it together.” - Toby Ziegler.

This isn't everything you are.

Aubergine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 04:05 PM   #2
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Your unsettled feelings are very understandable. It sounds like the appointment and the people you saw brought up a lot for you to think about. I think it's hard to be confronted with how your health has been, especially when you aren't fully able to remember everything that happened first hand. I hope you're feeling a bit better today.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:33 PM   #3
Aubergine
You've got this.

I am currently:

Thank you for the reply and thank you for the hugs. :) I feel a lot better now. Still have some uncomfortable memories popping up in my head, but I'm able to distract myself from them and I'm not feeling as unsettled. Went to life skills this morning and the topic was anxiety management, which I found really helpful. Learnt some techniques that I'm going to try this week. Got work tomorrow, which can be stressful but a good distraction. Just sat on my bed at the moment. I usually sit on my bed when I'm hiding away, but today I'm sat here because the sun is streaming through my bedroom window onto my bed and it's nice and warm. I think I'm OK. Thanks again.

“Our defeats are softened and our victories are sweetened because we did it together.” - Toby Ziegler.

This isn't everything you are.

Aubergine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:41 PM   #4
Juella
Valerie

I am currently:

It's good to know you're feeling better. You're doing an amazing job dealing with all the unsettling feelings and memories! Good luck with trying new coping techniques. Hope your mindset stays as positive as it is now!

*cautiously leaves a gentle hug in case one is needed*

Juella is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)