RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-10-2017, 03:26 AM   #1
Comicjon

I am currently:
Past still haunts me.

I was 18. Started my first real job in a feild I was interested in. I definitely made some mistakes at first but instead of getting help like I was told I was gonna get I got put down for my mistakes by co workers. Time went by I got good enough to keep the job but wasn't as good as others and my co workers definitely let me no of this. I wanted to be good so bad. If they made mistakes it was ok but if I did they slammed me. They never gave me a chance. I even over heard a good friend saying he didn't even no how I still worked there. That killed me inside. Years went on and I took the mental beating. One day I couldn't anymore and left. I got lucky and got a better job. I started out fresh and don't have the harassment like I did the last job. Everyday it still haunts me. Situations from my last job still run through my head. The way my so called friends went behind my back still hurt. I just wanted to be good enough and know one gave me credit. Its been 2 years and I dread the day I have to see one of them again. I allways think they still talk bad about me to others. 2 people that worked there but in a different part of the company are gonna be starting at my new job I'm at. I'm afraid they might no about me from the last job and talk bad about me. I wanna let it go but I can't. Am I paranoid and making a big deal out of nothing? I need some advice

Comicjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 10:15 AM   #2
Juella
Valerie

I am currently:

Hello. I understand being upset and traumatized by the events you went through. However, it's important to leave past in the past and don't let it haunt your present. The whole ordeal you went through is over and done with. Those people can't hurt you anymore. You are going to be okay. Please, remember it. Your co-workers were mean to you and what they did wasn't fair. You sound like a hard-working and dilligent person and people like you are really important at every job. Don't let their insults get to you, they are just grown up bullies. You're doing very well. You are a good worker. You've just been treated unfairly, possibly, because you just didn't fit in with the others somehow. If those people didn't give you a chance - it's their loss. You're out to have a better life. I see you went through a lot, and I'm really sorry. Well done for leaving that job and starting your life over! Now things are going to be okay. I understand being upset by the past though. Just remember it's over, done, and things are going to get better. You don't have to forgive those people, but for your own sake - it's best to forget them. You can find real friend who will treat you well. You're a good person.

I wonder if you have to see those people again at work? Do you have to interact with them, or can you just avoid and ignore them?

Please, don't assume they still badmouth you. I understand that your past experiences may tell you otherwise, but it's pretty probable that they don't. I get being anxious about people talking behind your back, but I can tell you from experience that most of the time it's just not true. People are just way too concerned with themselves and their own lives to still badmouth you. Unless there's evidence they're mad at you for some reason, I think there's no reason to worry. But if you feel like you can't really stop being anxious about it, how about talking to a professional and asking them for help? Do you have any professional support?

I don't think you're paranoid at all. What you went through is traumatic and it's understandable that you're anxious now. I'm sorry I can't provide any better advice for you, but I wish you luck!

Juella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 03:59 PM   #3
Comicjon

I am currently:

Thank you for the advice. It really makes me feel better.

Comicjon is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)