Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 29-04-2019, 09:54 PM   #1
SkyBlue17

I am currently:
In need of a bit of help

So my therapist told me that I should join an online group chat or forum to discuss the problems I'm facing. I guess I just don't really know how to go about living anymore. I've had depression for a very long time and self harm is a consistent problem I face. I'm not a sad person. If anything, I'm happy and energetic. I don't like feeling sad. It only makes me want to cut more. The other problem is I hate feeling weak, and that's how everyone makes me feel. As soon as they find out I have mental problems they treat me like a bomb and I really hate it. I just want to be seen as a normal teenager.

So I guess the help I'm asking for comes in 2 questions. What are some good outlets that I can use to keep myself happy? And how do I get people to treat me normally?

SkyBlue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 30-04-2019, 12:15 PM   #2
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Welcome to RYL, I'm glad you found us and I hope it's helpful for you being here. I'm sorry you're feeling low and not treated as the person you are. I don't think it's possible to keep yourself happy unfortunately, we all get low, especially when you have depression. But of course there are things you could do to lift your mood. Are there things you enjoy? People who make you feel good? Uplifting videos? What makes you feel low? Maybe you could try tackling the things that lower your mood. How are you getting on with your therapist?

I can understand how you feel when people treat you differently. Are you at school just now? What people do you have in your life? I guess just being honest and saying that you are still the same person they knew before they were aware you have mental health problems. Simply asking people to treat you like a human and allow you to get on with things could be useful. You can't really change how other people perceive you and treat you as such but you can challenge it. What you think about yourself is the most important thing, so make sure you are treating yourself with kindness and respect.

I hope you can find ways to make things feel a bit better for you.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 07:53 AM   #3
Cuddlycat1

I am currently:

I am sorry you are struggling so much right now it's good you have a therapist i hope that's helping a bit i think that despite having mental health problems you are the same person just remind people of that and that you want to be treated the same as you were before and be kind to yourself depression is really hard

Cuddlycat1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)