Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-10-2015, 12:42 PM   #1
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:
Journals

Do all the rules still apply? I'm especially thinking about the 'no numbers' policy for EDs. Is it okay to write them if I am doing it in the context of recovery?

There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: 'This glass is half full'. And then there are those who say: 'This glass is half empty'.
The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: 'What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!

Terry Pratchett

mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:10 PM   #2
Iamcatbug
Cat

I am currently:

My understanding is that numbers are banned across the entire site. And that all rules are across the entire site.

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:17 PM   #3
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:

Okay, thank you. I just wanted to check.

There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: 'This glass is half full'. And then there are those who say: 'This glass is half empty'.
The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: 'What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!

Terry Pratchett

Old 08-10-2015, 06:26 PM   #4
Amaryllis
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Yes, numbers are banned there as well.

Men come and go, but dust accumulates.

Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:14 PM   #5
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:

Okay!

Personally I don't think I have ever read anybody else's journal and I don't think anybody reads my but I will of course obey! I wanted to use a number so I can keep track of certain numbers as I have a very poor memory but I will phrase things in a way that no-one else knows what I'm talking about.

Terry Pratchett

Old 08-10-2015, 07:38 PM   #6
whirlpools

I think you might be able to set your journal to private and be able to do that? I'm not too sure but if nibody could read it it couldn't tipshare maybe?

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:40 PM   #7
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:

Thank you whirlpools, that's a good idea.
How do I do that, and is it then allowed that I can write what I want?

Terry Pratchett

Old 08-10-2015, 07:48 PM   #8
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

The rules still apply to private journals.

This guide might be useful.

Could you use Word to journal in or a notebook?

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:56 PM   #9
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:

Thank you tiptoes. I have used diaries in the past and they upset me and I worry someone will find them. Word is possible but I just like the fact that on here it's already nicely formatted! It's easy. It's okay, I'll word things carefully and make references which I understand but which nobody else will.

Terry Pratchett

Old 08-10-2015, 08:04 PM   #10
Iamcatbug
Cat

I am currently:

If diaries upset you wouldn't a journal on here also upset you?

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:06 PM   #11
whirlpools

I don't know if I'm allowed to say this but there are journalling websites where you can make journals private. I used to use Open Diary but it's, er, closed now! There will be other ones out there - I'm sorry if this is breaing the rules but WordPress is quite a nice one.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:09 PM   #12
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcatbug View Post
If diaries upset you wouldn't a journal on here also upset you?
It's different. If I'm typing I can edit. My handwriting frightens me when I am ill, as does what I draw when I dissociate. So no, typed journals don't upset me half as much

Terry Pratchett

Old 08-10-2015, 08:10 PM   #13
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:

Thank you whirlpools, I will have a look at that

Terry Pratchett

Old 09-10-2015, 12:21 AM   #14
Nymphadora Tonks

Perhaps an app that you can write notes in would help (not sure if l can put the name of one l like here). You can then passcode it (lock it with a number pincode similar to 4 digit pin number used for debit cards). That way you wouldnt have to worry about someone else discovering it as only you can access that portion of your phone.

I understand the worry of someone coming across it and wanting to avoid any horrible feelings that might come from that. And also the ease of typing making things less concrete and scary compared with pen and paper because you know you can press a button and delete each post at any time.

'What came first, the phoenix or the flame?'
'I think the answer is that a circle has no beginning'

Nymphadora Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 01:10 PM   #15
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

You could use a livejournal too, I had one back in the day (technically still do!)

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 01:11 PM   #16
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Ps yay for recovery :) :) keep up the good work!

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:38 PM   #17
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:

Thank you all :)

Terry Pratchett

Old 10-10-2015, 08:50 AM   #18
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

Ooh whirlpools I used openeiary to - the new Od is called prose box.

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2015, 10:12 PM   #19
nowhereman

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphadora Tonks View Post
Perhaps an app that you can write notes in would help (not sure if l can put the name of one l like here). You can then passcode it (lock it with a number pincode similar to 4 digit pin number used for debit cards). That way you wouldnt have to worry about someone else discovering it as only you can access that portion of your phone.
Just wanna say thank you so much for posting this advice. I had no idea this existed but it's exactly what I needed, I've been using one for a while now, thanks to you, and it feels so good to wake up and know that only I have seen my rants and raving, and not the whole internet!! It's been so helpful, thanks again.

Also wanna thank Mikey for starting this thread, I used to write in paper journals all the time but I've just gotten too lazy, it's easier to type! I hope you're doing ok, you should def try oneof these apps if you haven't yet. (Pm me if you want the name of the one I have, or if you ever need anything at all)

A world without Light would be dark.

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)