RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2007, 03:44 AM   #1
little_secrets
Losing sight of the sun....

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - I can't admit this to anyone..... but

I am so afraid to get better. I talk and I talk about how I want to stop SH and that I know I can feel better if I just keep writing in my journal and talking to my therapist. But the truth is- I am afraid to not have it and to give it up......

(*sigh*) Just something I needed to say "out loud," because I can't say it to anyone I know in real life........

"Even in laughter the heart may be sorrowful and that joy may end in grief."

Proverbs 14:13

little_secrets is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 12-06-2007, 04:11 AM   #2
pea soup

I am currently:

hi there...
guess what???
you just DID admit it!!!!
thats a start. a good one.
now if you could write that down or print out this post and give it to your therapist...i think that might help you...but if you cant, thats ok too.
much love.
xx

pea soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:15 AM   #3
Rainbow-Angel

I am currently:

Don't be afraid of the unknown, cos if it was that bad you would probably know about it by now *hugs*

Rainbow-Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:13 AM   #4
abba12
Peeking out from behind the barrier

I am currently:

im comming far, stopping. but i intentionally triggered myself just a few days ago to scare myself, thus feel the farmilliar and be calm. its normal to be scared of stopping, because whats left for us? our entire lives have been based around self harm and suicide for so long, its such a big part of us. to give it up.. whats left? well im begining to move on, and theres so much we dont see because we're so caught up in this mess. but theres things that will fill those spots, i promise

abba12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:57 AM   #5
HappyFeet

It's totally normal to be afraid of stopping. I'd be shocked to find someone who had trouble stopping where that didn't come into it somewhere. What helped me was when I found things to replace it with. For example, being able to say it was x days since I cut, or running, or cross stitch. I started relying on my friends for help rather than my knives, and it made a huge difference, both in the amount that I cut and my mental state as a whole. When I was there, I didn't want to stop. Now, I still want to cut, but it's not worth it. I'm more attached to my friends now than I was to the idea of suicide then (and that's saying a lot).

Hope this helps:)

The trouble with killing yourself to punish someone is that at the end of the day, they're still alive and you're still dead.

HappyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)