RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 17-09-2018, 09:59 AM   #81
HopeRises

Well he's an idiot. Keep pushing for what you need because I too feel that's the right path.

I would probably complain about him if it continues. Sometimes cpns think they're psychiatrists, my sis cpn came in and said there was no way I had bipolar due to x,y,z and practically rediagnoised my sister but then equally the cpn spends all day with people with bipolar etc so knows a bit. But still not really ok to chip in or to decide what meds you should/shouldn't be on etc.

Hope he listens next time and your able to stay on the lithium, I know how stressful that must be.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 10:53 PM   #82
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Thanks lovelies <3 Sorry I've been slow in replying, but I have read what you've written and it has been really reassuring and helpful.

I will see how it goes next time I see him. I've just been sent the schedule for uni next week and I need to change the appointment I had booked, but I will do that. I'll bring up the things I want to discuss.

I feel more okay about potentially not seeing anyone though (other than the psych now and again). I'm definitely feeling less low than I was. And I have a lot going on. I'm going to be pretty busy. So maybe it's time to just get on with my life anyway.

I'm doing my induction for a new job all this week. Then Saturday I have registration at uni and then that all starts. Today went fine, and I'm looking forward to it all, but it's still a bit overwhelming and I'm tired and anxious. It'll be okay though.

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 08:36 PM   #83
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

So pleased to hear that you're feeling less low and more ok about potentially not seeing anyone.

Sounds like you've got a lot on! Even though it's positive things that are happening, it's OK to feel somewhat overwhelmed by it. How has induction been this week?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 04:03 PM   #84
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

How have you been getting on this week? I hope your first week at uni goes well, how many days are you in? You are doing this, go you! After a while you will hopefully settle into your routine.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 11:17 PM   #85
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Thanks lovelies <3

The induction was fine and I was in work again yesterday shadowing again, which was okay. I think I'll enjoy the job. I just always feel awkward doing new things and trying not to be shy!

Starting my course tomorrow. I'm terrified. Hopefully it will be okay but I'm really nervous, about the course itself and about trying to get to know people and make friends. Hopefully it will be okay though.

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.

Old 24-09-2018, 07:12 AM   #86
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Good luck today

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 02:23 PM   #87
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I hope you're getting on ok today. Sending lots of good wishes.

Old 25-09-2018, 10:14 PM   #88
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Thank you both :)

It's going okay I think. There's only about 16 of us on the course and so far I really like the people I've been talking to. I think I'm really going to enjoy the course as well, though it is actually terrifying thinking about placements and assessments and presentations!

I am exhausted and I feel pretty low tonight, but I think I'm just tired and a bit overwhelmed with all the new stuff!

Old 25-09-2018, 11:05 PM   #89
HopeRises

Sending lots of love. You've got this. Glad it's looking more positive.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 02:12 PM   #90
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

That sounds positive. Of course you're going to be worried about all the formal stuff, I'm sure other people are too. Is there something that helps you to relax when you're tired and low? You are amazing. Keep going.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)