RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-08-2017, 09:40 PM   #21
PoppyLove

I am currently:

Okay, I managed to get someone to come by my apartment tomorrow. I have two others that have expressed casual interest. But one actual visit.

So I'm going to be cleaning like crazy to make the place look adorable and presentable but please, please, please send good thoughts into the atmosphere. I really need someone to just lease it so some of this stress will fall off my shoulders.

PoppyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 09:22 PM   #22
PoppyLove

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror. View Post
sending good vibes and hope things go smoothly for you.

also want to point out that spelling/grammar especially in online communication is not an indication of reliability or intelligence.
Thanks. She's late, but coming. I'm so panicky. I took a Clonazepam but I don't think it's really touching it and I'm too afraid to go up in dose.

We also looked at a few houses today. We have a couple contenders, which is good.

My head is just spinning....thinking about where to rent BUT I have to get someone to sublease my place first BUT if I do that I need a place to rent.

I'm quite tired and just struggling to cope.

Bad grammar isn't a problem, it was just suspiciously bad if that makes sense. I was also getting the same style of email with the same questions from different people so I think it was a robot/scam of some kind.

Old 27-08-2017, 12:44 AM   #23
PoppyLove

I am currently:

Thanks Camden. It's been nice to have a place to vent.

She really liked the place and wants to sign a lease, which is awesome! I'm nervous because I told her September rent had been paid (it has) but I'm really hoping I can get my deposit back and that she's okay with paying a deposit herself.

I guess I feel like I can rest easy now that someone is interested but I'm so scared it will fall apart somehow.

We've also looked at several places, and are still down to our first two contenders. We are looking at them again tomorrow so hopefully we can make a decision.

Old 28-08-2017, 10:52 AM   #24
Entropy

I am currently:

Sorry I've been away for a bit and not replied but I'm really glad you found someone who was interested. I'm sure she will be ok with paying a deposit as that is completely reasonable to expect.
Good luck with looking at the two places today and I hope that one of them works out for you!

"this is the room where you don't have to be brave"

Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 07:00 PM   #25
PoppyLove

I am currently:

Thanks.

I'm currently doing very, very bad.

We found a place we like. I'm looking at one more tonight just because it's well-priced, so hopefully it's decently nice.

I'm supposed to sign my apartment over tomorrow. But the prospective tenant (the only one I've really gotten to show a lot of interest) seems to think I said I'd cover the deposit. I covered September's rent but would like my deposit back, because money is nice and also because it makes it easier legally (a new separate lease as opposed to a subleaser).

I don't know how to message her and tell her that. She's going to be so angry. What if she backs out? What if she's mad? What do I do?

I'm panicking. I'm shutting down. I have a lot of work and a paper I have to finish writing but I can feel myself just completely closing out.

I'm on the verge of tears right now and I just can't focus. I need to text that girl but I just can't make myself.

Old 28-08-2017, 08:28 PM   #26
PoppyLove

I am currently:

I'm trying to focus on work while listening to calming music. Work isn't super stressful, it's just a logical list of things I need to do, which is helpful.

She got back to me and basically said she was in a bad lease, so she can't pay the deposit until next week. I don't know what to do - I guess I'm panicking that she's just going to decide to move somewhere else that is less complicated, but at the same time I don't want to pay it for her and then have to just trust that she'd pay me back - I don't really even like doing that for friends, let alone a perfect stranger.

I've thought about suggesting that we could sign papers tomorrow and then she could just get the keys once she pays the deposit next week, but again, am afraid of scaring her off as she said she needed to get in pretty quickly.

Old 29-08-2017, 12:28 PM   #27
Entropy

I am currently:

It does sound like she will be ok to pay the deposit next week but I understand that it is stressful. I don't think you are likely to scare her off with your suggestion of her getting the keys once she pays the deposit next week as it sounds like she really wants your place.

Old 29-08-2017, 02:25 PM   #28
PoppyLove

I am currently:

I asked my landlord about it and he said that I could just write a little paragraph and have both of us sign, but I ended up writing out more of a little contract. Basically it says she'll pay the deposit before the end of the lease, or when the lease is up I will receive back my original deposit. Hopefully it's well-enough worded. I printed off a few copies for us to sign, so that we can each have one if we want it, and the landlord could potentially have one too.

I meet with them in about an hour and I am a bundle of nerves. She seems nice but she's intense and if she brings her friend with, her friend is intimidating. It will be nice to have this behind me.

And then, on to figuring out where to live! We toured a duplex yesterday that was actually not too bad, but there are some things I'd want done. I emailed the landlords and am going to gauge their response - if they don't respond, that's bad, if they are kind and seem open to my questions, that's definitely good. It's just in such a good location and so, so well-priced.

Otherwise I think we're going to try and sign a lease on a house that's a little farther out and will be more expensive, but is definitely nice on the inside and there's a lot of space.

Old 29-08-2017, 07:49 PM   #29
PoppyLove

I am currently:

So, the signing of the lease went well. She was happy to sign my contract, which was fantastic. She said she should have the deposit paid within the next few weeks, which will be awesome.

Now...I have a phone interview in a few minutes for a dog walking/pet sitting job that I'd love and that I can work around my schedule for a little extra income. Super nervous about that.

Also need to call a potential landlord and sit down with my friend and really hash out what we want to do moving wise.

It's funny, my therapist told me that I was supposed to do one scary thing a week so that by the time we meet again I've done four scary things. I feel like I've done several scary things a day for the past handful of days! On the one hand, I'm actually pretty proud of myself, on the other I've told my roommate once we figure out our living situation I'm probably going to spend and entire weekend just chilling in bed.

Old 29-08-2017, 09:38 PM   #30
Entropy

I am currently:

That sounds really positive, well done! How did the phone interview go?
It sounds like you have done really well with lots of scary things at the moment and it is totally ok to take time out and relax when it's over!!

Old 29-08-2017, 10:28 PM   #31
PoppyLove

I am currently:

You both have been so wonderful, thank you. xx

The phone interview went well! I had applied with this company a few years ago and just re-applied on a whim. They remembered my reactive dog, Chisum, and were very impressed with the ways in which I've been working with him. They even gave me some very nice, heartwarming compliments :).

I'm going on Monday to shadow one of their other workers, which will be fun. It's not an official job offer yet, rather just a "second" step to the interview, so hopefully it goes well. But I'm excited.

I still have to call the other landlord and I'm not sure how that's going to go. Then I'm meeting my friend for dinner to discuss our options and figure out what to do.

I'm tired, really. I have a headache. But it almost seems like there's some light at the end of the tunnel, for now at least.

Old 30-08-2017, 09:31 AM   #32
Entropy

I am currently:

I'm really glad that your phone appointment went well - good luck for Monday and I hope you enjoy it!

I am sure calling the landlord will work out ok, it's definitely worth asking the questions that you have because it's important to make the right choice for you :)

Old 12-09-2017, 08:25 PM   #33
PoppyLove

I am currently:

Hey, all. Figured I'd update since I'm really not in any better of a position than I was before.

I moved out of my apartment. We signed a lease for a new house. Right after we signed that lease, the carpet people came into clean and they found fleas. Awesome, right? Our landlord had the pest control people come in, then the carpet people came back, but my friend and I were at the house yesterday and we found some on us plus possible evidence of mice (which is probably what the fleas are feeding on right now).

So, we need to figure out how to contact the landlord because it's becoming very clear that getting rid of these things could be a VERY lengthy process, and we don't want to be living there while there are fleas, nor do we want to have our furniture there, and certainly not our pets. So we may have to figure out how to break our lease.

As if THAT'S not stressful enough, that means we have to begin to house-hunt again. Yay.

Oh, and even better: I was offered the job with the dog walking company. Great, right? I think it will be BUT it's just something else to manage on top of everything else. I have a lot of shifts coming up and they're evening shifts since that's all I could really take. I'm thinking once I get into a groove everything will be just fine, but I'm back in the gutter as far as stress goes, I'm afraid, and I'm just kind of worriedly waiting for a crash.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:56 PM   #34
PoppyLove

I am currently:

Camden - thanks. I'm just kind of stress-frozen right now. I keep telling myself that I can always quit the second job, and of course I always have a place to live and I'll find something else. It's just a lot and I'm struggling to compartmentalize, so the stress/demands of school, work, etc. keep bleeding over to other areas of my life and it's difficult to stay on task as a result because my mind is just kind of all over the place.

Old 13-09-2017, 11:32 AM   #35
PoppyLove

I am currently:

Well, after several hours of thoughts running through my head, I'm seriously reconsidering taking the position. I just keep thinking that with the crazy schedule I'm never going to be able to fit in coursework and caring for my own dogs, let alone any downtime. And on top of everything else, that's really freaking me out. Plus, I don't want my coursework or my other job to suffer.

Am I the worst person ever? I feel like garbage and that I'm letting everyone down.

Old 13-09-2017, 06:45 PM   #36
PoppyLove

I am currently:

Thanks again, Camden. I'm thinking I'm going to decline and try to find something that fits my schedule a bit better. It sucks, but a lot of things suck right now.

I've also just found out that our first week of electricity in the new place is crazy high - and we aren't even living there! Going to probably have to contact the landlord and say if there is bad news Friday we may need to break the lease. And then there is stress that comes with that.

Old 13-09-2017, 10:52 PM   #37
PoppyLove

I am currently:

(I sent the message just now and am scared to death). Just coming on here to say that I did it!

Old 14-09-2017, 03:24 PM   #38
PoppyLove

I am currently:

I'm not really sure what she said because of course I panicked and haven't been able to check my email yet. Hopefully I'll be brave enough to check it today or tomorrow.

That's a good idea for the utility company. We did ask the landlord but he wasn't sure, he had been working in the house and said his bills were pretty low so we kind of went off of that. I'm not sure what's going on, but when I was there last they'd set the A/C to 68 and had the window unit upstairs going full blast (I'm not sure how to shut it off, either) so that's probably a big factor.

Honestly, I meet the pest people tomorrow and I'm not terribly optimistic about what they'll say. I talked to my friend and we're both having to commute right now and it's exhausting AND expensive. We've pretty much said that if it's not something that can be resolved in the span of a week or two, we're going to have to bow out and find somewhere else. And I'm really not thinking that we could be guaranteed to be 100% flea-free in a week since there are still adults there, plus possibly mice, and therefore are probably still eggs as well.

Old 15-09-2017, 04:48 PM   #39
PoppyLove

I am currently:

That's a wonderful compliment, thank you :) I don't feel like I'm doing so well, but am trying.

I still haven't checked my email, but the manager texted me. I'm supposed to go drop stuff off around noon. She seems nice enough about it, but I'm still afraid it will be awkward.

I'm leaving work in 15 minutes to go meet the pest people at the house. I talked my dad into meeting me there, which will ultimately be good because he'll be able to ask the hard questions and really tell me what's realistic.

To top it all off, I found a lump on my dog's shoulder yesterday. It came out of nowhere and it's pretty large. He's going to the vet tonight to have it looked at, but I've just about convinced myself that it's something terrible.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)