RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 28-05-2008, 08:47 PM   #1
stolen_innocence
I'm not dead - just floating

Overdose/ Self-Poisoning Question - Please help - overdose *Updated* What to do after OD?

Ive just overdosed on paracetamol. On the impulse. im sorry to post here again. oh **** what have i done. i cant get to hospital right now....i cant tell anyone and i feel dizzy and sick. please please someone reply now please as i am going to bed soon

Last edited by Aidee : 30-05-2008 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Removed reference to amount
Old 28-05-2008, 08:57 PM   #2
xxendlessxx
Optimism is the key

I am currently:

Hey hun,

You really need to call an ambulance or NHS direct. This is really serious. Please keep talking to me.

Cait xx

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge. Knowledge is Limited. Imagination Encircles The World". A. Einstein

Old 28-05-2008, 08:59 PM   #3
raining
Time is fleeting, madness takes its toll

I am currently:

Please I strongly advise you go to hospital now because even if you feel okay tomorrow the paracetamol can still do irreversible damage and you could be a lot worse off than what the consequences would be from going to a+e and people finding out.

xxx

.......................... ...........................
http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=187&dateline=12125054  70

Old 28-05-2008, 09:10 PM   #4
Sans Peur

Hey

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so down that you felt the need to take an overdose.As you have already mentioned that numbers are not permitted on RYL i feel that mentioning numbers of packets is still classed as number sharing.

Please do not go to bed, you obviously do not want to die because you made this thread so please seek out some help either by phoning for an ambulance, getting driven to hospital by a family member or atleast phoning the NHS Direct for advice on 0845 4647.Your body may be damaged by what you have taken and if you have taken an overdose before the risk is much higher.

I hope you get help, let us know

Jane

Old 28-05-2008, 09:19 PM   #5
Sleepless123

I am currently:

Hi ive seen this and felt the need to reply.im only sorry i wasnt here quicket.i have overdosed before on Paracetamol and you need all the medical help you can get.i dont say that to lecture or scare you.Thats the last thing you need right now but i am very very worried to say the least.

ive sent you a PM and hope you will reply.ive seen youve gone off line for now and i just hope to hell its to get help and that you are in safe hands.i knows its scary,i know its damned hard but please please get help hun.im sorry you feel so bad.Please know i/we are here for you when you get back.i so hope youve gone for help.

i do not always manage to be around but i wish you all the very best - love and luck to you all!

Old 28-05-2008, 09:42 PM   #6
Wonderland.

You need to call 999.
I did this that amount can kill you no joke.
Don't go to sleep you need medical help.
Hope your ok.

Amy x

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Old 28-05-2008, 10:02 PM   #7
Animad

Go to A&E. Don't drive yourself there, get someone else to, call a taxi, or phone for an ambulance and don't fall asleep in the meantime.

Old 28-05-2008, 10:05 PM   #8
Sleepless123

I am currently:

Thank you for replying to my PM.i hope you have gone to the hospital now.i think you are very brave and hope you are now in safe hands.Please know we are here for you and let us know how you are when you can/feel able.Thinking of you.

i do not always manage to be around but i wish you all the very best - love and luck to you all!

Old 30-05-2008, 08:16 AM   #9
stolen_innocence

Hello

im back.

i went asleep after i left here...so dizzy and sick. woke up in my own sick. called nhs line and they sent ambulence. just got back home. im ok. thank you. im ok.

Last edited by stolen_innocence : 30-05-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 30-05-2008, 10:39 AM   #10
xxendlessxx
Optimism is the key

I am currently:

hey, glad to hear that you did go to hospital. I know its not easy and im sure i can speak on behalf of everyone, that we are really proud of you for doing that.

How you feeling now? xx

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge. Knowledge is Limited. Imagination Encircles The World". A. Einstein

Old 30-05-2008, 07:26 PM   #11
stolen_innocence

After the overdose - non urgent

Overdosed as you know, got medical treatment etc, and released this morning. I feel a bit sick, my tummy aches, painful to touch, am feeling sick, not hungery...is that normal after toxic overdose?

Old 30-05-2008, 07:39 PM   #12
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

yes! that is how i felt, but i think it depends on the amount maybe? as to how crap you feel!

i hope you are feeling a bit brighter, and the nurses were nice to you in hospital! :)

lots of love
x

xxx

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Old 30-05-2008, 08:00 PM   #13
stolen_innocence

Thanks!

How long will it last? Feeling little faint...not bad though. Mouth dry etc.

Old 30-05-2008, 08:17 PM   #14
surprising mystery

I am currently:

It could last a few days, if your worried see your gp, try to drink enough though. I know I get a sore tummy for a few days after an od, so in that respect its normal, but if it gets worse or wont go after a couple of days, you might want to see your gp.

I hope you feel better soon x

L_M_G is my mummy :) inkerman and razorbladedarling are my two non-identical twin sprogs (concieved on same day) Scabette< cos she has the cutest puppy dog eyes and i cant resist!feeling-afraid< my bottle of glitter!! which i just have to have :Pmidnight stars< my gorgeous sister, whom i love to bits ;) Dance With The Fairy< *star*gazing*buddie :] Broken-Fairy is my partner in crime ;) little_miss is my real life saviour PaperClip is my stationary queen

Old 30-05-2008, 08:41 PM   #15
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

i think it really depnds on the amount you took and how your body reacted, as to how long you will feel like this, it took me about a week to better (but i was in phyc ward) so i was not in a very relaxing environment! if you just give yourself a break and some time to recover it might go away sooner!

but by ODing you have hurt your stomach and liver and other organs, so it will take time!

take care
xxx

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Old 30-05-2008, 09:29 PM   #16
Animad

It will take time, make sure you keep yourself rested and it's best if you stick to drinking water rather than anything else. If you don't start to feel better within the next day or two (I'm not saying completely better just an improvement), start feeling worse or start having more pains see a doctor ASAP.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)