RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-04-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
Living Dead Doll

I am currently:
My mother just does NOT understand

i've recently moved back in with my parents, there are no locks on ANY of the bathroom doors or anything which annoys me ( i like to have a bath ect UN-interrupted ¬_¬) my mum has always been dead-set against having scales in the bathroom (she doesnt want me to know how much i weigh) in one of the drawers i found a set of scales and decided i would see what my current weight is ( i dont think im losing enough weight)
she barged through the door, asked what i was doing and took the scales off me, opened the window and threw them out (over-drmatic or what?!)
she just does NOT understand how important it is to me i find out how much i weigh
shes being really unsupportive
my friends hide their scales if i go over to theirs and the doctor says its unnecessary for me to know my weigh :(
how can i make them understand?

Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan I Love And Miss You
</3
Paul Gray You're Missed So Much </3
Jaefeus Harvey Sweet dreams You Are Sorely Missed </ 3
Abbie Love- Ill always love you , rest well Beautiful, not a day will go by where i won't think of you </3
Liam Patrick O'Connell- I'm Sorry, I Love You, I Miss You </3
Louise O'Connell- Love You Mummy Lou, Sleep Well </3

Living Dead Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
Ninja Orange

I am currently:

I know this is not what you want to hear, but it sounds like your judgement is clouded by your illness. I think she's doing it for your benefit. You don't understand it now, but you will if you start to get better, trust me.

Ninja Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
The One Who

I am currently:

Why is your weight so important? It's just a number, it doesn't change who you are as a person. I actually think your mother and your friends are trying to help you. It's not healthy to be so obsessed about weight.

As for the locks on the bathroom, it depends on the family really. Maybe you could come up with a system, like if there is a ribbon on the door then there is someone in who doesn't want to be disturbed.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #4
Laura2.0

We don't have locks on our bathroom (cause the house is old and we don't have keys for most doors).
If there's noone in there we leave the door ajar or if I'm just brushing my teeth and I don't mind if anyone is coming in.
If we don't want to be interrupted we close the door properly and others have to knock and wait for an answer.

Your friends and mom are probably trying to help you by hiding the scales. That doesn't make it better for you I guess... I remember the times when my mom was hiding our scale.

You survived the abuse.
You're gonna survive the recovery.

- Olivia Benson

Laura, Ginger, Cassi, Luna, Joni, Lena

Laura2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
Scaredy-cat
I am the very model of a modern major general

I am currently:

Do people actually interrupt you in the bathroom? If not then the locks dont really matter, i never lock the bathroom door.
Amd i think they are right about the scales

He was no longer jean valjean but no. 24601 -les miserable

Some of life's mysteries will never be solved, such as why, after spending an entire evening listenong to Bach, do I find myself humming "the birdie song".......

I am reaching, but i fall, and the stars are black and cold, as i stare into the void of a world that cannot hold- les miserables

Scaredy-cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #6
Living Dead Doll

I am currently:

Normally someone just barges in if the door is closed anyway , my family really dont get i NEED my privacy.
ive always hated my weight and its getting to the point where i feel psycially sick when i see myself getting changed or dressed
i started eating again three weeks ago and i feel fat, disgusting and gross

</3
Abbie Love- Ill always love you , rest well Beautiful, not a day will go by where i won't think of you </3

Old 18-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #7
Elmokun

I am currently:

if possible try to sit down with your mum and other family members and explain to them how you do want/need your own privacy, even if its just a simple knock on the door before they come in. Let them know if it stresses you out that they just barge in.

as for the weight, just ignore it, im rarther overweight my self, and i just see it as insulation for the british weather :) But if you are wanting to lose weight, go about it the proper way of visting a gym or dieting or something like that, never starve your self

Elmokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
Living Dead Doll

I am currently:

sometimes i dont starve intentionally... i just forget to eat sometimes, i exercise a lot
i just NEED to lose all this extra baggage and weight >_<

</3

Old 19-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #9
The One Who

I am currently:

No, what you NEED (as in what your body needs to survive) is a healthy diet and a healthy exercise regime. If you are over-exercising as well as not eating that is not good for your body and won't do you any good in the long run.

If you genuinely forget to eat then there are ways to remember. Having meals at set times each day, setting alarms, eating with other people, etc.

When you starve yourself and then start eating again it results in the body going into "starvation mode" where it realises it is getting food again and then craves more and more because it doesn't know when it's going to get food again.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #10
StillScared

I am currently:

I can see how the bathroom thing is really difficult. If at all possible, try to discuss some rule about knocking or leaving a sign on the door or something like that.

It's really a shame about the way your mother reacted with the scales. From what I hear what you're doing is very unhealthy, and it's hard for a parent to watch their child suffer. My father once did the same thing to me and I remember how hurt I felt by it. What I think you really need is support for how you feel, and her getting angry is not going to help.
Is there any way you could talk to her, without accusing each other, just to openly discuss how you both feel? I think it would be really helpful.

StillScared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #11
Living Dead Doll

I am currently:

i brought the subject up this morning with my mum, she just said "if someone walks in on you, tough s**t really " i suggested having locks high up on the door ( so my sisters dont lock themselves in) and she said no, i said what about something hung round the door handle and she just said " whats the point?" shes really not getting it at all >_<

</3

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)