RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 26-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
lisaaa
*breaking the habit

I am currently:
General Medical Question - Non Urgent - left lower abodomnal pain (mildly ED triggering)

For the last couple of evenings i've been getting an almost stabbing pain in the lower left part of my abdomen. It hurts more when i change position.
any ideas as to what this could be?
I binge and purge daily if that could have an affect on this? I also eat a lot of gum aannnd can't really think of anything else :/
any help appreciated :)
Thank you

And sail away these faces we hide behind
Cutting through the airwaves
Open up our minds
Show ourselves to the world tonight
Cause we are.. No longer in disguise ♫

3 Hugs Given By :
Old 26-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #2
lizzy100

I am currently:

mm theres not much down there to be honest, its usually upper right pain that u need to worry about which could be gall bladder or liver. kidney pain would more be sides or backs.
so really it could be period type uterus pains/contractions if its aroudn that time of the month? or maybe more stomach/bowel related. id try cut down on the gum! and eat properly. it could defo be ed related. ur stomach probably doesnt know whats happening. i would try get some help for ur ed.

Old 26-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #3
Animad

Pain in that sort of area is likely to be due to your bowels as the end of your large intestine is in the left lower part of your abdomen. Pain here can be caused by excess gas/ constipation so if you've not been eating much fibre then this could be why. Have you been purging by making yourself sick or something else such as laxative over-use/ abuse? Is it related to anything you've eaten in the day or do you eat close to when you go to bed?

Also, are you drinking any more than usual? Have you felt the urge to go to the toilet more frequently but when you've gone you've not been able to pass any urine or only a small amount? Do this appear to have blood in it or be cloudy? As there is always the chance it could be cystitis but the pattern you're giving doesn't necessarily suggest that which does make me think it may be related to eating habits.

Old 26-12-2009, 11:26 PM   #4
lisaaa
*breaking the habit

I am currently:

thank you both for your replies.
I have been purging after my meal every night (and at other times) but that has been for the last six months atleast and this has only just started. And yes i have neaded the toilet a lot but only passed a small amount on most occasions, but that is happening less over the last couple of days so i dont think its realated to the pain, and my urine looks normal. I probably should eat some more fibre so thank you for pointing that out. Yeah your right it is likely to do with my eating habits so thank you for all your help and seeing as its my own fault i won´t make any more fuss :P
Thank you!!

Open up our minds

Old 26-12-2009, 11:38 PM   #5
Animad

If you're needing to go to the toilet for a pee more often too and only passing a small amount on each occasion, that is also suggestive of cystitis and/or a urinary tract infection so I'd also see about getting that checked if it doesn't make anything better.

Really, you need to try and stop the purging as that will even cause a LOT of problems as well as mess up your digestive system and so I'd try to get help for that as well as try and cut down on how often you do it if possible, which I know is hard but it will be better in the long run. If you haven't got a professional to discuss your purging with right now I would suggest that maybe you talk about the emotional reasons behind it with the supporters via live help/ support@recoveryourlife.com and see if they can help you in any way.

As it sounds like you may also have cystitis then try and ensure you drink water frequently and some say cranberry juice can help.

And, if may not be that so if it does continue to happen (the pain in your lower abdomen at night) for a while or worsens then you need to get checked out and even if it is a problem with your bowels there could be totally different reasons behind it than your eating problems.

Old 27-12-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
lisaaa
*breaking the habit

I am currently:

thank you very much :)
xx

Open up our minds

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)