Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-05-2020, 09:36 PM   #1
whispershadow
Cat Meowmy

I am currently:
Hi

idk what to say, i'm new

apparently (been digging on the forum) theres a chat room but i dont see it?

i have two cats (girls)and they are the reason i am trying to stop cause the younger one is unrehomable if anything happens to me

Last edited by whispershadow : 22-05-2020 at 09:56 PM. Reason: cause it says i have to fill this box out
whispershadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 10:15 AM   #2
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Hi, welcome to RYL. I hope you find it helpful here. Chat has sadly closed but there is a link here about another site that has chat available.

I also have 2 cats :) There are quite a few cat lovers on here.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 12:37 PM   #3
whispershadow
Cat Meowmy

I am currently:

ok thanks, i a bit confused about something it says in the rules, everyone apparently has 9 points to begin with but it also says that 9 points are a 24 hour ban from the site or something

dont know if i getting something wrong with understanding it or what idk

Meowmy to Tigger (tabby girl) and Willow (white and black girl)

Old 23-05-2020, 01:02 PM   #4
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

If you use up your 9 points by breaking rules you would be banned. There's not much to worry about though, points are rarely given out now we're so quiet and a respectful community I would say.

Old 24-05-2020, 10:29 AM   #5
whispershadow
Cat Meowmy

I am currently:

Due to my difficulties i would not be surprised if they did come down on me like a tonne of concrete

whisper

cause when i get a pm message from a staff i can misunderstand it then they get furious at me for daring to misunderstand when its not deliberate

i mean i want to understand staff instructions but i dont always manage to "get it" first time then they get angry

Last edited by whispershadow : 24-05-2020 at 10:34 AM. Reason: trying to make a bit more sense

Old 24-05-2020, 02:24 PM   #6
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

The moderators (with the red usernames) are the only staff on the site so you would know if it was a staff member who contacted you. Are you having problems with a member messaging you?

Old 24-05-2020, 10:55 PM   #7
whispershadow
Cat Meowmy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_step_closer View Post
The moderators (with the red usernames) are the only staff on the site so you would know if it was a staff member who contacted you. Are you having problems with a member messaging you?

no i've had problems on other sites with mods coming down on me like a tonne of concrete for the shocking crime of failing to understand something they said

one place the mod even came down on me like a tonne of concrete for not being able to spell her username (it was a long string of nonsense letters)

so i used to tonne of concrete treatment but get nervous of it

Old 24-05-2020, 11:06 PM   #8
whispershadow
Cat Meowmy

I am currently:

learning difficulties and borderline personality disorder are my biggest mental health problems, just saying in case i need to

Old 24-05-2020, 11:19 PM   #9
whispershadow
Cat Meowmy

I am currently:

apparently i cant answer someones post in the venting thread

i wanted to say to chinahorsehe/she is not evil and deserves to be helped and i sorry they not helping

but apparently i been blocked from posting in there or something idk when it the first time in tried posting anything in there

idk what i done wrong

Last edited by whispershadow : 24-05-2020 at 11:20 PM. Reason: difficult to type round Willow's bottom

Old 24-05-2020, 11:24 PM   #10
Muir
Chat Mod

I am currently:

The venting threads are just for venting rather than replies. So a place to air frustrations when you don't want/need support. Any thread made there can only be replied to by the person who posted it to begin with

Muir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2020, 11:29 PM   #11
whispershadow
Cat Meowmy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir View Post
The venting threads are just for venting rather than replies. So a place to air frustrations when you don't want/need support. Any thread made there can only be replied to by the person who posted it to begin with

ok thanks muir, sorry typing round a cat, her bottom not making it easy to type

what do we do if we think someone does actually need a few kind words?

Last edited by whispershadow : 24-05-2020 at 11:38 PM. Reason: why did it quote my post as well as muir post? idk i didnt want it to

Old 24-05-2020, 11:35 PM   #12
Muir
Chat Mod

I am currently:

If people want replies they'll use the support rooms, so you can keep an eye on those to respond to people who need kind words. When someone is posting in venting it means that they don't want anyone to respond to what they're saying. The first post in each thread there has a little 'hug' button so you can click that and it will show your name under the post as having given a hug.

Old 24-05-2020, 11:40 PM   #13
whispershadow
Cat Meowmy

I am currently:

ok thanks muir

learning my way around sorry

Old 24-05-2020, 11:41 PM   #14
Muir
Chat Mod

I am currently:

You don't need to be sorry, it can take time to get used to something new. You'll get the hang of it with some time.

Old 25-05-2020, 12:27 AM   #15
whispershadow
Cat Meowmy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir View Post
You don't need to be sorry, it can take time to get used to something new. You'll get the hang of it with some time.

thanks muir

Old 25-05-2020, 08:19 AM   #16
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Hey, welcome to RYL.

Sorry you've had bad experiences on other forums. I'm a forum moderator here and I can assure you that I have no issue at all with however you spell my username!

That 'starting with 9 points' thing is pretty confusing, not sure why that's there to be honest!! Apologies for the confusion. You don't start with any points and Lindsay is right, we very rarely give out points these days as it's very quiet. Unless you do something incredibly outrageous (and you don't seem like you would!) you would always get a warning before we moved towards points so I really wouldn't worry :)

If there's anything you're worried about you're welcome to send me a PM.

Last edited by Pi.R^2 : 25-05-2020 at 10:20 AM.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 10:47 AM   #17
whispershadow
Cat Meowmy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi.R^2 View Post
Hey, welcome to RYL.

Sorry you've had bad experiences on other forums. I'm a forum moderator here and I can assure you that I have no issue at all with however you spell my username!

That 'starting with 9 points' thing is pretty confusing, not sure why that's there to be honest!! Apologies for the confusion. You don't start with any points and Lindsay is right, we very rarely give out points these days as it's very quiet. Unless you do something incredibly outrageous (and you don't seem like you would!) you would always get a warning before we moved towards points so I really wouldn't worry :)

If there's anything you're worried about you're welcome to send me a PM.

ok thanks Pi, that moderator who came down on me decided to (for a first "offence" ) decided to ban me for 3 days (despite knowing cause i told the staff there loads of times) not to use the number 3 when dealing with me cause that is the number i have huge problems with and it can, will and does set me off if its used cause the number three is one i've had bad experiences in real life with which is why it does set me off - literally all i asked of her was if a number has a 3 on the very end of it then not to use the number - how hard is it to look and see if a number ends in 3? Even I can do that and I have learning difficulties

And literally the situation there was that cause of my difficulties the staff there ordered me to only message with that one mod - ignoring the fact i could not spell her name so of course when i got into a fretful panic over something and tried messaging her, the forum software could not recognise my attempts to spell her username, cause of that order i started a thread to ask what i needed to ask, then BOOM down on me like a tonne of concrete and threw me out for 3 days

it got shortened to 2 days after i made a complete pest of myself but they then threw me in moderation forum jail for daring to have mental illness flare ups after i went back - literally as though i was choosing to be ill - thats like telling someone with a broken leg that they are choosing to have a broken leg or whatever

then they kept me in it until i was deeply damaged and left a stink of a review up then told them to delete my account and left

i dont want to get treated like that here

Last edited by whispershadow : 25-05-2020 at 10:49 AM. Reason: i forgot some punctuation cause i'm dumb

Old 25-05-2020, 11:24 AM   #18
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I'm sorry you've had such an awful experience on another forum. We are all friendly here and I hope you can settle in and feel reassured and get some support. Take care.

Old 25-05-2020, 12:19 PM   #19
whispershadow
Cat Meowmy

I am currently:

will the same thing happen to me here? forum jail time?

Old 25-05-2020, 01:51 PM   #20
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

In short, no!

Like I say, if you have any questions feel free to ask and if you do ever do anything against the rules by mistake, we'll let you know politely and almost certainly without any actual infraction points in the first instance.

Just ask the children I teach and regularly fail to keep under control- I'm not scary, even when I try to be!

Try not to worry :)

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)