RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #3661
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

I am scared. Couldn't get to sleep for ages last night because my head was buzzing and racing; it wouldn't stop. I have to stop the Dictatorship.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #3662
Lilo

I am currently:

Sorry to hear that you're feeling scared and anxious at the moment.

Is there anything you can do to distract yourself from the thoughts of stopping the Dictatorship?

x

Lilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #3663
Steel Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurawr View Post
Sorry to hear that you're feeling scared and anxious at the moment.

Is there anything you can do to distract yourself from the thoughts of stopping the Dictatorship?

x
Thanks. I'm going to stay at home all day so that I don't go to the hire shop and rent a blowtorch. I may sleep a lot as I've taken some oxazepam. My CPN is coming to see me at 17:30 today.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.

Old 25-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #3664
Lilo

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Maiden View Post
Thanks. I'm going to stay at home all day so that I don't go to the hire shop and rent a blowtorch. I may sleep a lot as I've taken some oxazepam. My CPN is coming to see me at 17:30 today.
Your plan to sleep sounds like a good idea. It's also good that you're seeing your CPN this afternoon.

I hope you feel better soon

Old 25-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #3665
Steel Maiden

Quote:
Your plan to sleep sounds like a good idea. It's also good that you're seeing your CPN this afternoon.

I hope you feel better soon
Thanks. I had a short sleep. Oxazepam is really kicking in. My CPN is good.

I am trying hard to use Logic.

Old 25-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #3666
Steel Maiden

My Mum just texted me.

Old 25-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #3667
Lilo

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Maiden View Post
My Mum just texted me.
From your other posts I've got the impression that you don't have a relationship with you mum and don't really want one.

Was it bad what she said and have you replied back?

Remember that you don't have to have contact with anyone you don't want to and that does include your family members.

Old 25-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #3668
Steel Maiden

Quote:
From your other posts I've got the impression that you don't have a relationship with you mum and don't really want one.

Was it bad what she said and have you replied back?

Remember that you don't have to have contact with anyone you don't want to and that does include your family members.
My mum has been abusive towards me for most of my life. Her text wasn't bad, but she's playing mind games with me; the cycle has happened many times: she sends a sweet text to me, lures me in and then spends a week being nice to me, and then suddenly getting really drunk and attacking me physically and/or verbally. I then cut off contact with her and she spends 2+ weeks harassing me by ringing my doorbell repeatedly every day and shouting outside my house. Then I get ill and end up in hospital.

Thank you, you're right. I am not going to talk to her. I emailed the PCSO I know saying that my mum's harassment might flare up again, so if I need urgent help, may there be something in place.

------------

In terms of my mental health, the Home Treatment Team are seeing me this weekend.

Old 26-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #3669
Steel Maiden

L has gone too far. She borrowed my London Underground towel yesterday. This morning I found it unwashed, in the washing machine, stinking of fermented urine.

I cannot cope with E and L anymore.

Old 26-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #3670
Lilo

I am currently:

Have you got anywhere that you can stay instead, even if to just get away for a few days/weeks?

Would you feel comfortable staying with your dad for awhile?

Old 26-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #3671
Steel Maiden

My dad lives in Dubai, and the only friend that would take me in lives in Southend. Don't worry, I told the carer about everything and he said he's going to sort it out.

I had to take oxazepam to calm myself down.

I have decided that when the HTT visit me tomorrow, I am going to tell them that I want to come off aripiprazole (but stay on olanzapine) and replace the aripiprazole with a sedating antipsychotic. Zuclopehnthixol or sulpiride sound like good candidates. Because every time I take aripiprazole, my head goes into "high mode" and I end up having to take a benzo, or take my olanzapine early to calm down.

Old 26-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #3672
Steel Maiden

Haaaaaa so high can't cope

Old 26-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #3673
Steel Maiden

I called the HTT. They're going to get the consultant to review my meds on Monday.

Old 27-05-2012, 05:27 AM   #3674
Steel Maiden

I will be telling the Home Treatment Team what has been going on. I went hypomanic last night and drew formulae all over myself in permanent marker :/

I actually called the HTT last night in the middle of my somewhat dysphoric but hypomanic state, and they said they would talk to the HTT psychiatrist about my meds. The woman on the phone was one of the better mh nurses and she knows I study Pharmacology, so she asked what meds I thought would be best and I said replace aripiprazole with either zuclopenthixol or sulpiride.

Old 31-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #3675
Norfolkboy

I am currently:
Hi!

Hello Oly,

Hope you are ok & change of meds is working for you.

My G/F is now on slow release quetaipine (seroquet???)-600mg (I think-not sure) before bed. Saw her yesterday-she was a bit 'down/tired' but the night before was her 1st night on full dose. They're keeping her in this week (possible 2 day overnighter this weekend) to observe while the new meds kick in. Her mania seems to have died down quite a lot.

The 4 night leave was a bit much & she went back after 2 days. I think the move to quetiapine is a good one.

Oly-I've been given Trazodone for anxiety/lack of sleep (50mg tabs). Doc said to try on one a night & see how I go. I've also been diagnosed with mild depression-but the GP said a lot of that is 'situational'. I also have some 2mg diazepam tablets. Can promethazine be mixed with these 2 drugs-in fact could all be taken together (not every day-just when needs must). The honest reason is that I've been having too much booze recently & whilst I have no physical withdrawels if I stop straight away I feel a little anxious for a day or 2.

Thanks Oly-hope all is good with you!

Norfolkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #3676
Steel Maiden

Hi Chris.

Sorry for not being around much, I've been going through a really hard time. I may actually be going on Amisulpride as well as staying on Olanzapine.

It's Seroquel. I'm really glad to her that her mania has calmed down. Quetiapine is actually approved for treatment of acute mania and also maintenance for bipolar.

Promethazine and Trazodone together can cause rather increased sedation. I've been prescribed Promethazine for four days (my insomnia has come back and I'm currently waiting for a meds change) and I took it last night with my Olanzapine - made me feel very sedated.

Diazepam + Trazodone + Promethazine would probably be rather unpleasant in terms of really knocking you out. But taking them separately sounds better. Try to reduce the booze though, as that can make the sedation much worse and you shouldn't really mix them together with alcohol.

I hope that helps. Thanks :)

Old 05-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #3677
Steel Maiden

I hope you're ok Chris.

Old 13-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #3678
Norfolkboy

I am currently:

Hi Oly! Sorry for the delay....been a busy 2 weeks & my internets been playing up! Anyway-never mind me-hope YOU are ok & med changes for you are good!

Well-after a successfull home leave of 2 x 2 overnighters my G/F is back home. The slow release quetaipine seems to be working fab-she's sleeping well-not overly sedated at all (in fact she's noticing the sedation a bit more as days go on-which I assume is a good thing as the overall mania is going/gone!). She's on 2 x sod. valporate (500mg) am & 2 at night. 2 x 300mg quetiapine & promethazine as/when needed.

Her key workert is very pleased. I'm glad we stuck to our guns re: leave etc...so whilst she was in for 5 weeks she was well on discharge. Although the 'official' diagnosis is bipolar-her key worker is still strongly of the opinion that the mania was in some way her way of dealing with bottled up stress/feelings-I just don't think she's got 'classic' bipolar as no hint/sign of any depression. Her employers have been brill-in fact we've a meeting with them tomorrow to see how they can help. I start back this Friday.

I wish I was as good as my G/F (!)-I still haven't started on this trazadone as been felling much less anxious-I'm afraid I'm still having too much booze...really should try it for a week to see how I feel (!). We're moving house in 4 weeks (she's going to see her folks in Europe so won't have the stress of the move!) to a lovely, peacefull quiet house (200yr old listed cottage)-10 minutes from her work!

Again Oly-THANKS SO MUCH for your help. Will keep you updated & all the best to you!

Old 17-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #3679
Steel Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norfolkboy View Post
Hi Oly! Sorry for the delay....been a busy 2 weeks & my internets been playing up! Anyway-never mind me-hope YOU are ok & med changes for you are good!

Well-after a successfull home leave of 2 x 2 overnighters my G/F is back home. The slow release quetaipine seems to be working fab-she's sleeping well-not overly sedated at all (in fact she's noticing the sedation a bit more as days go on-which I assume is a good thing as the overall mania is going/gone!). She's on 2 x sod. valporate (500mg) am & 2 at night. 2 x 300mg quetiapine & promethazine as/when needed.

Her key workert is very pleased. I'm glad we stuck to our guns re: leave etc...so whilst she was in for 5 weeks she was well on discharge. Although the 'official' diagnosis is bipolar-her key worker is still strongly of the opinion that the mania was in some way her way of dealing with bottled up stress/feelings-I just don't think she's got 'classic' bipolar as no hint/sign of any depression. Her employers have been brill-in fact we've a meeting with them tomorrow to see how they can help. I start back this Friday.

I wish I was as good as my G/F (!)-I still haven't started on this trazadone as been felling much less anxious-I'm afraid I'm still having too much booze...really should try it for a week to see how I feel (!). We're moving house in 4 weeks (she's going to see her folks in Europe so won't have the stress of the move!) to a lovely, peacefull quiet house (200yr old listed cottage)-10 minutes from her work!

Again Oly-THANKS SO MUCH for your help. Will keep you updated & all the best to you!
Sorry myself for the delay. I have been anxious and depressed lately. I keep panicking because I keep getting thoughts in my head that I have brain damage. And the Spies/voices upset me too at times.

I'm glad to hear that your girlfriend is doing well - she went through a really bad patch but she seems on the mend now. I hope that she won't sink into a depression and that the mania was stress-induced.

That sounds like a nice place to be moving to. I really think you need to decrease the booze. Do you think that you could put the trazodone on hold until you decrease the booze? I say that because I'd be worried about you drinking and taking trazodone at the same time.

You're welcome for the help. I am sorry for not replying soon enough. My mental health hasn't been good at all lately.

Old 18-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #3680
Norfolkboy

I am currently:
Thanks Oly!

Thanks Oly! Yes-seems to be no sign at all of any depression-now she's out & well she's noticing the sedation a bit more but is fine & sleeps well. Whilst on her discharge paperwork the diagnosis is 'bipolar affective disorder' her key-wrker is fairly sure its stress-induced. I suppose only time will tel but from what I understand its usual for depression to be the 1st signs of bipolar-not mania. And she is quite old to develop it.

You take care-and again thanks so much! The trazadone was prescribed for my stress/anxiety-I'm now no longer anywhere near as stressed. I might try the trazadone for a week with no booze (if I cut out drinking its difficult the 1st night or 2 to sleep) but as my stress/anxiety are greatly reduced is it worth it/or will it help in any way? May just try the promethazine & no booze for a few nights.

Thanks Oly-speak to you soon.

Chris

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)